PDA

View Full Version : Sugestions wanted for a True SF noob

maggot1300
07-12-2007, 07:44 PM
ok I'm looking at working with and old 81 GSX400 I have sitting at home in reasonable nick but I want to change the motor as i'm pretty sure the bore is cracked on it.

anyone played around with one of these before? not really sure where to start cause as the post states im a total fuckin noob as far as fighters go.

btw I'll put some pics up tomorrow of what I'm starting with.

sharky
07-12-2007, 09:17 PM
1st question mate...why the 400 ?
Is it ya only bike ? You a young 'un ?

maggot1300
07-12-2007, 09:44 PM
lol no mate its one of about 9 i've got sitting around but i've had it for some time and wasnt sure what to do with it. my main ride is a busa, but there are a few katanas, rd's etc

another reason is that i've got 2 of these so if i stuff it majorly i'll canabilise the other one to fix it.

Rocket
07-12-2007, 11:54 PM
I reckon you should be putting all the effort and dollars onto one of your Katana's instead.
Put the GSX's together and sell them off to pay for upside downies, a monoshock and wheels & tyres for the Kat and you're on your way to uber sik coolness.
Next step, oil cooled GSXR motor swap.

But anyway, good luck with the build.

maggot1300
08-12-2007, 12:15 AM
not a bad idea but im not really stressed as far as the cash goes, but i've had the GSX for a few years and I really want to get at least one sorted before I start tearing down another bike cause i've already got 3 in progress as well as a few cars...

kinda want to try something new and actually finish one before i start any new ones (unless I find a reasonable gsxr1000 to use as a race bike)