PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki Bandit gaskets

George Mac
06-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Hi All
I have just pulled the cam covers of the bandit to check the valve clearances and was going to reasemble it using all the same rubbers gaskets and o-rings. This will be the second time it has gone back togetther using the originals. I know the manual says change them every time, but I had no leaks before. Any info as to how many times I can get away with this before I start to see oil weeping out? Also any body know of any non genuine suzuki gasket sets available here in Aus?
Thanks in advance

BANDITROD
06-12-2007, 08:46 PM
mate i have reused mine about four times with no leaks but if your worried just put a bead of three bond around it mate should get you out of trouble

RUSS M8
07-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Mine needed replacing at about 50,000k's, I check valves at least every 12K, sometimes at 6K too :) They last forever :)

George Mac
08-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Yeah, I have just put it back togetther using all the originals and no sign of any leaks yet. Now Thats done I am about to take the grinder to the end can to shorten it by about 100mm. Then it is on with the K+N's and Dyno-Jet kit. Any one know where I can pick up a set of vaccuum gauges?

BANDITROD
08-12-2007, 05:39 PM
if your gunna use k & n filters i suggest using a factory pro jet kit nearly every decent bike tuning shop recomends them instead of dyno jet kits mate

George Mac
08-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Too late for that now. I bought the K+N pod filters a couple of months ago, then got hold of a stage 3 Dyno-Jet kit. Have not had the chance till now to start getting it set up cos I have been offshore working. I am hoping with a little, or a lot, of messing around I will be able to get it running reasonably smoothly. Everyone does seem to say though, that they run better with the original airbox. Will have a bit of a play and see how I get on

BANDITROD
08-12-2007, 06:09 PM
no prob mate i got mine set up k & n pods and factory pro kit and its fucking awsome to ride a big difference over stock so stick with the pods