PDA

View Full Version : So that's why my shoulder's sore .....

MONO
16-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Well after months of medical appointments due to minor niggling complaints, finally was diagonised via an MRI with an acute torn rotator cuff muscle. So on the waiting list I went.

Apparently this muscle is pretty important if you want to move your arm above you head.

Well only just weeks after being put into the queue as a Category 2, the public system shone through and I got the call on Tuesday..."Your Op is on Friday".

No time to oganise anything. Sorry to a few of you guys for not getting back as quick as I normally would.

So I went in on Friday and am now the proud owner of five muscle anchor screws and a heap of rope to tie it all back together.

The doc said that it was one of the worst ones he had seen! (funny enough I even road to Emmaville with the tear).

Anyway, it went something like this ... (warning: don't watch if you don't like big needles passing though a shoulder several times)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve_D4_T9ZF8

No wonder it bloody hurts now...pain killers are only just cutting it !

I've even had a broken shoulder and it didn't give me this much grief. :(

Be back to work on Monday, not doin much though, just phones.

Don't hesitate to send an email to get some great deals as I've got over 1500 tyres and I can't fit fucking one of them :p

Although, Mrs Mono is now our resident tyre fitter for next couple of months :D

p.s Always take good care of your rotator cuff muscle, I don't recommend this to anyone !

RevHead
16-09-2012, 09:52 PM
ouch ,get well ,nige roads to ride

MattyDucati
16-09-2012, 09:59 PM
That Sucks but sounds like ya wont know ya self when its all better! Good luck with recovery

Deano
17-09-2012, 12:13 AM
How did you do it? Get well soon mate

ALBI
17-09-2012, 08:39 AM
i dislocated my shoulder 2 times in 1 year and also broke it aswell in the same time period, i cant put my arm over my head it aches all the time and it grinds when using it , fark i hope i dont need something like that !!

MONO
17-09-2012, 10:32 AM
i dislocated my shoulder 2 times in 1 year and also broke it aswell in the same time period, i cant put my arm over my head it aches all the time and it grinds when using it , fark i hope i dont need something like that !!

Not to play Dr Google, but that was exactly my symptoms. Couldn't move my arm above my shoulder, but if my arm was straight up I could hold it there. However, once lowering it down, crunch, grind, clunk & ouch !

Don't remember doing anything in particular, but as the Doctor explained, in some people's muscles are more pone to tearing due to their anatomy and also their daily chores/routine/work. Most common in active people 20-50 y.o.

The hospital I went to average 10 operations a week.

If in doubt, get it checked out, because as they explained to me, the longer you leave it, the less successful the repair. It is a large window of time to get it fixed, but I have heard people who have not had it fixed after 10 years, can never lift their arms again because their muscles have shrunk away to nothing, so they can't stretch them back into place. I kept explaining to my Doctor as time went on how it seemed to be getting better, but he said that it was just the other muscles trying to compensate and it won't repair by itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRb41oGqma8&feature=related

PS I only discovered all of these videos after getting out of hospital.

ALBI
17-09-2012, 05:50 PM
hmpf thanks mate need to hear that like a hole in the head lol

i broke the ball "well cracked it" falling of a PEEWEE 50 um a bloody bike bike mate lol in 2001 three days after i did that i dislocated it and when i ran screaming like a widdle girl i hit the door jam and popped it back in ,but it damaged the ball at end of the arm where it goes into to shoulder socket, oh a big time difference now bugger lol in 2009 ? i slipped on my roof steam cleaning it and went head over ,arms out in front my left hand buckledthat tucked under my ribs and my left elbow touched my sternum.

now try this mono place ur left hand on ur hips and pull ur elbow to ur chest !!!!!
dont come very far huh!! my elbow was on my chest 30mmg of morphine later ,1 x police resuce and im off the roof.

3 months later dislocated it on the ice rink at newy.
man wat am i doing .
then the doc tells me maybe you should have had surgery in 2001.
no shit

im going in tomoz for my knee issue anyway it has only taken 3 yrs for that lol.

StuNVA
17-09-2012, 07:30 PM
That key hole surgery is awesome, the tools they use are amazing and hospital drugs are the best.

Hope both of you old broken down codgers get well soon

Mr Hyosung
17-09-2012, 09:58 PM
"Don't remember doing anything in particular" No? How about spending half your riding time on the back wheel. Don't think that might have something to do with it? At least you have a decent tyre changer now Nigel, just talk the Mrs into wearing a bikini while doing it and you'll be ordering another 1500 tyres real soon.

Mr Hyosung
17-09-2012, 10:00 PM
By the way, how long before your riding again.

ALBI
17-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Lol id pay money to see that

ALBI
17-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Id expect a while till on the bike for mono after he went throught that ordeal

MONO
18-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Can't believe it, went outside on my verandah for only seconds and already this photo of me topless has appeared in the Dayboro Grapevine.

I didn't realize the Paparazzi is so rife out here too ! LOL :p

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy266/rockyman1100/NigelShoulder.jpg

fimpBIKES
18-09-2012, 12:13 PM
good one mono!

dad had both of his done six months apart last year, wishes he did it a decade ago!!!

BANDITROD
18-09-2012, 03:39 PM
fuck that sucks mate at least it will be fixed i have a bad shoulder as well but thats from something so devious i will not metion it here hahaha

StuNVA
18-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Mono, you probably have bigger norks than Katie anyway...very underwhelming.

hooligan
19-09-2012, 12:08 PM
My boss had his done a few years ago as well.
At the time in the office, out of the 5 of us, he had an arm in a sling, another bloke was in a sling from something else, and i was on crutches from my big off. Bunch of cripples in the office that year.

ALBI
19-09-2012, 07:05 PM
not much in stiches huh??

got back from the docs on tues im in for my MRI on 11/10/2012 on my left knee first, he suspects the right hand meniscus plate?? is torn/ground down and also the medial ligament is slowly pulling away and he is doing simular to ur shoulder !!

Snake_Doctor
24-09-2012, 02:31 AM
I guess no more hanging from the ceiling on those , shall we say...........cuddle night with the mrs.