PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted

Iceman
16-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Ok, so I'm going mental not having a bike to ride. I haven't been on two wheels since the xmas party last year, and as many of you know that ended up with the GS going on the back of a ute after the electrics shit themselves half way to heathcoate.

At the moment I have a 81 Z1000, a 84 pop up kat and the GS 500 turbo all sitting in the shed in various states of incompletion. I don't have the time or the money to finish any of them and every time I do go out into the shed I can never make up my mind as to which I should look at first. This normally ends up with me just walking around in there for half an hour then giving up and going back inside.

I'm to the point I'm thinking fuck it all three can go and I'll buy something that i can use. So, what do you guys think I can get for a pretty stock 81 Z1000 90% restored with a dropped valve, a 84 pop up kat with 08 Gen 2 Hayabusa front end mix of gen 1 and 2 rear ends heaps of brand new parts including bridgestone tyres. And the world famous (featured in Rapid and Streetfighters Magazines) mutli award winning, ( never really finished getting it sorted) totally unique GS500 turbo?

I'm know I could get more for them all if I parted them out but I'm kinda over it and couldn't be bothered selling them bit by bit for the next two years.

I can stick a pic of the Z up if it helps, but here's the Kat thread
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?9359-Iceman-s-new-project-Katana/page4&highlight=iceman

GS thread
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?998-GS-500-update/page16&highlight=iceman

I really need to do something here, as I have noticed that since I'm not riding women find me less attractive and I believe my penis is starting to retract. Help me obi wan your my only hope....

stiffsimon
16-09-2012, 02:04 PM
My tuppence worth but I'd sell the Kat and the GS and use the funds to help motivate you to get that old Z breathing fire again

nemo
16-09-2012, 02:11 PM
... Turbo Z in kat clothes.... easy :D
Next question..

RevHead
16-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Clint ,sell the lot buy a rego-ed running bike you ,know you want too.

Weaselman
16-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah im kinda with Rev on this. As much as the Kat is a looker and the time youve spent on the GS isnt a turn key and ride bike so much simpler than more fucking about?

I know this is a fighter site but there are times where an out of the box bike makes sence when you gotta ride

TurboKat
16-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Clint ,sell the lot buy a rego-ed running bike you ,know you want too.
You're a fucking genius mate.

RevHead
16-09-2012, 03:42 PM
You're a fucking genius mate.

glad it got you excited!

Gitzy
16-09-2012, 04:14 PM
The Kat looks soooo close to being finished Clint, I'd honeslty sell the other 2 to fund the finalisation of the Kat..

sharky
16-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Pull the turbo off the gs500 and flog it as a learner fighter..
Remove all non Pop up parts and list it as a project
Use cash/parts for Z1000

BANDITROD
16-09-2012, 08:03 PM
im with russ on this one

Tony Nitrous
16-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Sell GS,
Sell Big Zed,
Sell GSX 750 motor,

Spend all time and money putting
GSXR/B12 lump into the Plop-up Kat.

Bob
16-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Work on the kat id say.

Fish
16-09-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm with Tony!

EVLZX
16-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Riding = Sanity
So I'm with Pete get something already on the road like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kawasaki-ZR-X-1200-s-/230849864453?pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item35bfb96305#ht_500wt_1288, although a fully restored Z1000 is something very desirable.

I hate being without a bike to ride it just sucks.

Redmohawk
17-09-2012, 06:02 AM
Pull the turbo off the gs500 and flog it as a learner fighter..
Remove all non Pop up parts and list it as a project
Use cash/parts for Z1000

Yep

Iceman
17-09-2012, 05:34 PM
I have thought of sell two to fund the completion of one, but that still doesn't help me with my time issues.

As for taking the turbo and injection off the GS, yes I have had discussions on that before, but seeing it has had a engine rebuild and has lowered compression and HPC coated pistons it seems a bit of a waste.

RevHead
17-09-2012, 05:47 PM
so turn this into a for sale add for everything you got ,just add prices ,lets get the ball rolling,

Tony Nitrous
17-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Sorry im not much help, but i do know where your coming from.
The reason I had the boring stock Busa and traded it for the ugly
stock B-King is I HAVE to have a legal, reliable go anywhere bike.
I'd go nuts pretty f#cken' quick if I couldnt get the K's in regular.

Fighters/Projects/builds/toys are great but I couldnt live without
something I can turn the key and go with zero thought or stress.

Your spot on about more $$ parrting them out but im sure there'd
be guys interested in the Zed and Kitten in their current state.

Not much help, but I hope it works out for you Mate.

Azrael
18-09-2012, 03:27 AM
Im with tony on this, icant live without a boring daily rider. Id keep the one that interests u the most as a longterm street fighter project and sell the rest to buy a daily ride leaving u only the one fighter to focus on and leave your daily alone, well as long as u can.. I just broke this rule and shitfightered my chunderace..
A clever bugger once told me his mates used to come over an want to go riding but his bike was always in bits so to always leave one stock, i wish id listened to him haha. Hopefully he'll help me finish it this week.

TurboKat
18-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Step 1, Get beer & go to shed.

Step 2, Decide which bike turns you on the least.

Step 3, Decide which of the remaining 2 you want as a daily.

Step 4, Take the leftover bike & bits to your mates/parents/outlaws/whatever so it's out of sight & out of mind.

Step 5, Wreck or sell the first bike.

Step 6, Put head down & arse up & work on the daily using the $$ from the sale of the unwanted bike - you'd be surprised how quick it will come together because you are now free from motorcyclical distractions, cash rich & motivated to have a bike to ride.

Step 7, When the daily is 100% finished, retrieve the project from storage & build it how you want it when time/cash/motivation permits, now you have the best of both worlds - a bike that's ready to jump on & go anywhere anytime & a project in the shed to focus your skillz, hopes & dreams on.

You now owe me 2 cents.

ozzy1100
18-09-2012, 01:36 PM
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ what he said /\/\/\/\/\/\/\