PDA

View Full Version : Hello civilization

WATEVR
12-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Hey there,

Well we are moving in from the bush and heading to Perth, I hate moving house. At this stage we will be there on the first of next month.

Does anyone live south of the river? We are trying to work out which area to go and which to avoid, after the news tonight hamilton hill is one to avoid. Work are putting us up for a couple of weeks but we need to find rental etc. if anyone has any contacts in that field any help will be greatly appreciated, did I mention I hate moving house.

Anyway looking forward to catching up with wasf crew, but more so getting back into road bikes!

Now for convinincing the wife that furniture is not that important......

hyofighter
12-09-2012, 11:53 PM
where abouts is work , helps in finding a good area , im 90ks out of perth in northam and i can get into city centre in about a hour and a half , getting from the top of the city to the bottom will take the same time and youll only cover 40ks , but i hate the city , in the hills is where ya wanna be

Hagarr
13-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Yeah stay outside inner city unless you have to.

Depends where you work is first question.

I've been in the hills for 20+ years since moving down from North West wouldn't live anywhere else!

rock hard
13-09-2012, 08:42 AM
it doesn't matter where you live you can get great streets and good people next door or you can get a pack of arseholes..me i prefer southern suburbs as there is some good twisties very close at hand in the hills and as Hagarr said , and depending where you have to travel to work as nobody likes traffic and the northern suburbs have more people=more traffic ...and if i moved away from where i live Rocket would "cry a river of tears" its ok big fella i said IF.. or

BillyWhizz888
13-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Rockingham... not so good
a few of us around the Southern River, Canningvale, Thornlie, Huntingdale area
not to many shootings here, unless you try and steal the bikes ;-)

PM the lads they will tell you more
do you have a trade???

WATEVR
14-09-2012, 03:11 AM
Cheers boys, yeah work head office is in Subiaco, but that doesn't mean much as I will have work car etc so I don't mind traveling. Also it's not where I will have to go every day. We definitely aiming south and obviously the further the nicer the houses are that are available for same $. Just trying to work out what is a reasonable distance.
Again thanks for feedback, more food for thought. Once I get this housevshit sorted hen I get to focus on important things like which bike to buy!

Azrael
14-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Go the hills, im in the foothills, eastern suburbs, spot on for dirtbiking and twisties on the roadie.
Like moz said, check out the neighbors before commiting to renting no matter which suburb u look in but anywhere from huntingdale to midland along the foothills is tje shit man.

Muzzy
20-09-2012, 02:48 PM
If your work is in subiaco mate, why not consider some northern suburbs?

SPAG
20-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Lived in hammy hill for 10 years until recently, not sure what was in the news but never had a problem. Nice and close to Freo and it a lot cooler in the summer with the sea breeze. Just remember when the fire works go off the drugs are in the house!!

WATEVR
21-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Muzzy - there are only a couple ppl we know in Perth so missus wants to be around em. School and all that.
Spag- HH had some blokes do home invasion with with axe !

I take any area on what I see, reputations generally hang around longer than the trouble. Next Saturday we arrive I am bloody looking forward to it.

2wheels
25-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Nothing wrong with Rockingham :cool:

WATEVR
02-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Well we are finally here....now the fun of finding a freakn house to rent. Staying down at freo at the moment which does make it hard when looking at houses in the burbs!