PDA

View Full Version : Foster123

Foster123
12-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Hi everyone, My name is Matt and I live just south of the gold coast, I have been looking at streetfighters.com.au for a while and decided to join a few weeks back.
I love the look of the bikes people have built and posted on this site. The time and effort that you guys put in to your bikes is admirable.
I currently have a 2000 YZF R1 that I'm in the process of tidying up/converting in to a street fighter due to a few factors such as damaged fairings and that raised handle bars are much more comfortable for long distance :P (in my opinion).
I have a question about fender eliminators, my R1 came with a fender eliminator when I purchased it but I am worried that it wont pass a road worthy like that. Does anyone know where you can buy the original ugly plastic number plate and indicator holder???

Thanks Guys

Noobfoster123

RevHead
12-09-2012, 07:08 PM
hey man welcome

bluedrags
12-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Welcome mate

K6Thou
12-09-2012, 07:52 PM
A fender eliminator can pass a RWC inspection if you are creative..... I used an aftermarket dirt bike rear fender (read ugly black plastic thingy) bolted to the plate bracket with a red stick on trailer reflector at the bottom.... Passed inspection no worries. It was promptly removed when I got home, and has fallen off twice since (I swear officer).

Welcome.

Gix11
12-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Wreckers or ebay mate. Alternatively, make up some shit bracket and guard from some ali plate and fold it into shape; get your roadworthy; job done.

Just south? Muwullumbah?

Oh, and welcome aboard.

EVLZX
12-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Welcome

ALBI
13-09-2012, 05:31 PM
welcome mate

Bob
13-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Welcome mate. I had one cut staright off a SV, drilled 2 holes and bolted on with my license plate. Easy and cheap :)

NINJAINOZ
13-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Hi
I think I have delivered enough pizzas to say G'day, I have started a ZXR 750 build & so far I have got it looking pretty close to what I want in around 2 weeks

Have you done the Clip on to bar conversion yet? Any pics?

Foster123
13-09-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm not sure what to consider as the Gold Coast anymore.. I live in Tweed Heads.
I have done a bit to it, although it seems to be never ending, so far I have changed drilled out and swapped to renthal fat bars, bar end mirrors, Installed cyclopes headlight (I know they are ugly but eh I will find something nicer soon), Led indicators front and rear.
I mainly need to work out how to mount the coolant over flow container (oil catch can from ebay) and the instrument cluster.
Thanks for the tips on the fender eliminator :)
(oh and pictures I could put them up but I don't think it's worthy of being on here yet haha)

Gitzy
13-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Welcome Mate, them 2000 R1's make a great fighter, have fun..

Heres is Jules' (Wackrider) and Mine..

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx348/wackyrider/R1 photos/P1080597.jpg

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n487/gitzy841/Project R1/DSC01392.jpg

K6Thou
13-09-2012, 07:23 PM
bar end mirrors You might need to change these, I haven't known anyone in Qld to get a RWC on a bike with them fitted....

Foster123
13-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Also do you guys know if you HAVE to have the EXUP valve connected? I have the servo motor Installed but I cbf getting the cabling as It was removed by a previous owner.. I currently have an aftermarket exhaust that was installed by the previous owner but it doesn't even line up to the original passenger peg exhaust mount, I still have the original but I'm not sure if I should change it or not...

NINJAINOZ
13-09-2012, 07:50 PM
It really depends who is doing your inspection? If you can talk to the bloke first & just quiz him out on a few things (not stuff you dont want him to know like the EXUP) he might just say most of it is right, I dont think most of them would know about the EXUP setup so I would not worry about that, If the exhaust is loud they might not like that, But really you gotta give them something little to put on their report? Something easy like the exhaust to sort out is good, If everything they inpspected passed with no comments then that might flag them & they get in the shit, I reckon give them something easy to distract them from the other stuff

Foster123
13-09-2012, 07:54 PM
You might need to change these, I haven't known anyone in Qld to get a RWC on a bike with them fitted....

Ahh really? that sucks..

K6Thou
13-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Ahh really? that sucks..I had to take mine off and put a set of mirrors on that weren't bar end, even though all I could see was my shoulders......

EVLZX
13-09-2012, 08:50 PM
I had to take mine off and put a set of mirrors on that weren't bar end, even though all I could see was my shoulders......

K6 is that due to the size of the lens?
Would the CRG or Driven Arrow shaped ones be more likely to pass?

Foster123
13-09-2012, 09:00 PM
These are the ones I bought ...

http://www.s3performance.com.au/bar-end-mirrors-streetfighter-antiglare-cnc-billet-with-universal-mounts-pair-p-3113.html

K6Thou
13-09-2012, 09:52 PM
K6 is that due to the size of the lens?
Would the CRG or Driven Arrow shaped ones be more likely to pass?Dunno mate all my RWC guy said was no bar end mirrors. He's pretty good at letting things slide but is a stickler for basic rules like red rear reflector etc etc.

Foster123
21-09-2012, 08:50 PM
I ended up making a guard out a mudguard from supercheap, added the little red reflector looks neat but also very very ugly