PDA

View Full Version : Crash Study volunteers required Sydney roads to start with

cjburns esq
12-09-2012, 05:15 PM
As part of the work the MCCofNSW is doing with Transport we have been asked to circulate a request for a control group for an accident survey being carried out by Uni of NSW.
This is the preliminary stage of a larger survey and the crash sites have been selected based upon information already in hand.
They need riders that regularly go past the points listed below who ahve not crashed to ask more questions realting to perception of hazards in those areas.
cheers,
CJ
Chair MCCofNSW

Australian Motorcycle Accident In-Depth Study (AusMAIDS)
Do you ride a motorcycle or scooter?
Would you be willing to take part in a survey about your experiences as a rider?
Please help us to help other riders
The Australian Motorcycle Accident In-Depth Study (AusMAIDS) is a using the internationally agreed Case Control methodology for in-depth motorcycle crash investigations. This means that for every crashed rider (Case), 2 or 3 other riders (Controls) are included from other motorcyclists who have ridden near the crash site.
Controls will be asked to complete an anonymous on-line survey about their riding experience, practices and background.
Who can take part?
Any licensed motorcycle rider, aged 18 or older who has ridden in a specified area near one of the following crash sites can take part in this study.
To register to take part in the study please call 9399 1115

Location Number

Street

Between

Town

Wheatley Road

Giles St and Roebourne St

Yarrawarrah

Pittwater Road

Mona Vale Rd and Turimetta St

Church Point

Victoria Road

Fitzgerald Rd and Brush Rd

Ermington

Newcastle Expressway

Kuring-gai and Mt White exits

Cowan

Davies Road

Watson Rd and Bridge St

Padstow

Dunmore Street

Jones St and Pendle Way

Pendle Hill

Warringah Road

Starkey St and Melwood Av

Forestville

Pacific Highway

Bouvardia St and Amor St

Cowan

Parker Street

Coreen Ave and Peachtree Rd

Kingswood

Boundary Road

Gill Ave and Calabro Ave

Liverpool

Frederick Street

Watkin St and Railway St

Rockdale

Who is conducting this study?
The study is being conducted by Neuroscience Research Australia, in collaboration with Monash University Accident Research Centre (Victoria) and the Centre for Automotive Safety Research at the University of Adelaide, South Australia. The project is funded by AustRoads (Association of Australian and New Zealand Road Authorities).
The study has been approved by The University of New South Wales Human Research Ethics Advisory Committee (HREC12043).
Any person with concerns or complaints about the conduct of this study should contact the Ethics Secretariat, The University of New South Wales, Sydney 2052 Australia. Telephone (02) 9385 4234, Fax 9385 6648 or email ethics.sec@unsw.edu.au

Gix11
12-09-2012, 06:11 PM
That sounds interesting. If there was one up this way I would probably go along.

Large
12-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Hmmmm...

Let me guess...

The outcome will be "Motorcyclists aren't visible enough!- Flouro to be Mandatory"

Gix11
12-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Hmmm, didn't think about the rigged factor. I was more interested in the questions and responses.

Redmohawk
12-09-2012, 08:00 PM
From what I've gleened from the web on this particular studie. Its more orentated to seeing how to scare the fuck out of cage drivers in some way so they see us as a threat subconciously, therefore driving there fight/flight pathways to key us (bike riders) into the thought process. Instead of just "didnt see him" outcomes.

As an outcome of this study I would hope for " All cage drivers will have some sort of intensive extreem electro-stimulation of the genital regions during simulated situations involving motorbike negotiation awarness training at initial driver training (to be implemented retroactivly for all non motorcycle riders) . To re-enforce the negitive outcomes of not seeing a motorbike. "

Might be the 1/2 a bottle of American honey but sounds about right to me.

hooligan
12-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Hmmmm...

Let me guess...

The outcome will be "Motorcyclists aren't visible enough!- Flouro to be Mandatory"

what's wrong with fluoro? it's better than your requests for brown t shirts..