PDA

View Full Version : turbo update

Iceman
16-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Got a few more bits and pieces made up for the turbo. Realisticly it's still months away from being finished, but I'm making some progress. http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/17704996028538.jpg

fimpBIKES
16-07-2006, 01:34 PM
that little filter is going to cause some
double-takes mate

just keep plugging away ;)

16-07-2006, 09:56 PM
poor little bearings are gunna be put to the test mate

Iceman
14-09-2006, 08:03 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/107075180077397.jpg

Getting close to having all the parts I need.

Just a few hundrred more dollars and a couple of months and I should be able to kill this little bike good and proper![}:)][:p]

14-09-2006, 10:19 PM
whoosh bang,its got a ricer blow off valve.thats a serious cooler Clit.Bring on the madness

03gixxerpilot
15-09-2006, 05:41 AM
hey mate whats the cooler off

Iceman
15-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Intercooler is the factory item from a skyline. Still not sure if I'm gunna use this one as a mate's got a smaller item he's willing to swap.

15-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Intercooler and barn door fairing all in one by the looks there Ice

When's the K&Q seat being fitted :D

Have you checked what the cooling effect on the engine will be once that's in place? Don't the GS's rely on a fair amount of airflow to the front of the motor?

Iceman
15-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Yeah your right Chalky, I've gotta get over to my mates house to check out the smaller one. It should be easier to plumb up as well.

Gunna run an oil cooler too.

Rocket
15-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Ice, this engine is oil cooled isn't it ?
Assuming the oil cooler sits in the same place as a GSXR, how do you go wheel front wheel clearance and fork leg (at full lock) clearance with the intercooler in front of it ?
My intercooler has some custom dents in it to make way for the fork legs at full lock. I'm hoping front wheel clearance won't be a problem though i'm reasonably confident.

Iceman
15-09-2006, 05:52 PM
The engine is air cooled.

If I use this intercooler it will have to sit about 60mm lower than where I had originally planned due to the fork legs hitting it at full lock. Yet another reason for me to chase up my mate and check out his smaller intercooler.

Rocket
15-09-2006, 05:58 PM
That exhuast manifold looks close to the cross bar in the frame. Do you have to modify it ?
I had to cut mine.

Iceman
15-09-2006, 06:17 PM
I made up the first manifold a couple of months ago there was plenty of clearence. Have since bought a different turbo and had to cut that manifold up. I'm in the process of designing another one. Main problem now is the wastegate hitting on the downtube of the frame.

Rocket
15-09-2006, 06:51 PM
That could be an issue.

Iceman
15-09-2006, 07:31 PM
I think I can get around it by offsetting the turbo by about 30mm.

pt
15-09-2006, 08:08 PM
deadset top marks for effort there. it doesnt even matter if you blow the thing up on its first run it will be a miracle all the same!

Razorback
18-09-2006, 01:48 PM
A GS550 Turbo ? Now I have truly seen it all. Cant wait for the ride results

Rocket
18-09-2006, 02:48 PM
There's a 250 Honda of some sort in Rapid magazine (I think) that's gone from something gay like 25hp up to a fairly outragious 108RWHP or something like that !
So it'll be interesting to see how the Gus goes.
I guess they only go bang if you try to get too much out of it.

Booster
18-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Clint was the turbo that different??or are the housings/bearing section in a different orientation to each other.
The wastegate actuator mount can be put just about anywhere that can be made fit and allows a range of travel, at worst the lever can be repositioned on the ex housing to get a different angle.
Also intercoolers can mount on the side, under the rear tail,under the tank on bikes with ram air .

03gixxerpilot
18-09-2006, 11:24 PM
progress is looking good there ice i've got an intercooler of a 180 sx comming up from down south, should be here by the end of the week and it is quite small ( can't remember the excact size of it but it is the smallest standard cooler the i can find

Iceman
19-09-2006, 04:19 PM
quote:Original post by Booster

Clint was the turbo that different??or are the housings/bearing section in a different orientation to each other.
The wastegate actuator mount can be put just about anywhere that can be made fit and allows a range of travel, at worst the lever can be repositioned on the ex housing to get a different angle.
Also intercoolers can mount on the side, under the rear tail,under the tank on bikes with ram air .
There are afew slight differences between the two turbos. No real biggies.

I was think'n about mak'n a new mounting bracket for the wastegate and just angling it downwards. Just havn't had the time to get out into the shed and get stuck in to it.

As for the intercooler, I could mount it up under the tail, I suppose. Havenn't really put much thought into it.

stevo
20-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Iceman ... I've got a GS500 here that I'm decidin whether to break it up or stand it back up ......

If ya need any bits it may sway me.... as I'm lookin at usin the wheels on my sporty

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/stevo84cube/gs1.jpg

TurboKat
20-09-2006, 08:07 PM
I reckon he'll need another engine soon (about 2 days after he gets it going :D)

Iceman
20-09-2006, 08:58 PM
quote:Original post by Stevo
I've got a GS500 here that I'm decidin whether to break it up or stand it back up ......
If ya need any bits it may sway me....

Thanks for think'n of me Stevo, but there isn't much GS500 left on my bike. Gimme a couple of days to have a think and I'll get back to you.

quote:Original post by Turbokat
I reckon he'll need another engine soon
I was think'n along the same lines

stevo
21-09-2006, 09:37 AM
I was thinkin engine myself... :D...

Either that ... or do you have the passenger grab rail as this one must have had something else attached to it when it fell over and it's gone and so is the flat part of the frame it attached to....
That's why I'm thinkin of takin the wheels off and sellin it or breakin it up .... it's an easy fix for me BUT there's still the work and then RWC and $330 for the WOVI ..... by the time I'm finished it will owe me about $1500-$2000 ... still a cheap, fun vehicle ... but my shed is gettin a bit full :D:D and I've gotta make some hard descicions and get rid of some "projects"

I've started it and it runs fine....

Ya may have gearbox probs before ya get engine probs with the power output.. :D

Docktor
21-09-2006, 02:31 PM
yo, I'm kinda interested in the engine and elecs to go with it, I wanna slap a 500 in the mrs's across.

Doc

stevo
21-09-2006, 03:32 PM
500 in an across ... now that's not a bad idea......

By motor and electrics ya mean airbox to pipes and wiring harness with cdi and coils????