PDA

View Full Version : Acewell help

Nudie
08-09-2012, 11:55 AM
I fitted a 3963 and calibrated it with a GPS. But the speedo has a mind of its own at times. It reads right for a while then jumps all over the place. Sometimes it reads under, then almost double the speed, then normal again.
Is there a known problem with them?
Have I fucked up the wheel sensor position?

If this has been discussed before, please dont kill me

xa-mont
08-09-2012, 12:07 PM
i'de say it would have to be something to do with the wheel sensor playing with it. just try tweeking it around a bit, it might be just a mm too far away or something.

Yella
08-09-2012, 03:33 PM
The only time I have had a problem with mine was a bad conection on the pick up wire. It would be ok for a while then jump around ten back to fine does ya head in when y look down and ya doing 250 in a 60 zone and when ya check again you are doing 50.

Nudie
08-09-2012, 06:39 PM
i'de say it would have to be something to do with the wheel sensor playing with it. just try tweeking it around a bit, it might be just a mm too far away or something.

It's already maybe a bit close. To get it further away will be a serious fuck around. But, you gotta do what you gotta do

80s freak
08-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Is it a round sensor or the long one with to mounting holes? If the sensor isn't mounted square it will trigger of both ends at times. If your sensor has lines on it make sure that only one line passes near the magnet.

Nudie
08-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Is it a round sensor or the long one with to mounting holes? If the sensor isn't mounted square it will trigger of both ends at times. If your sensor has lines on it make sure that only one line passes near the magnet.

Ahh so. Mine is the long one. It has two lines but I have it mounted so the magnet passes it length ways.
If I get you right, I need to turn it 90 degrees.
Thanks heaps

(i'm a bit drunk, but i'm going to fuck with it now)

80s freak
08-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Correct. And being "a bit drunk" can only help, works for me.

Gitzy
08-09-2012, 09:19 PM
i'm a bit drunk

You?? Nooo way I does not believe this claim Russ.. :p

Nudie
09-09-2012, 07:18 PM
That did the trick. Just need to charge the GPS and recalibrate.

Thanks Geoff