PDA

View Full Version : MRAQ Latest

sharky
06-09-2012, 07:00 AM
Last night was the AGM...few interesting points came up, lots of progress is being made with gov authorities.

Couple of highlights...

The whole Q-ride is useless/petition/protest thing started after a guy was killed...his mum claimed the training was insufficient....so an enquiry was set up..
MRAQ obtained coroners report and other info that showed he had been riding for 6 months after passing test (thus gaining experience) and that at the time of death was attempting to evade police pursuit.
Subsequently the 'protest' lost all merit. One of the board set up to look into it knew nothing about bikes...and one has since undertaken a Q-ride course so he knows first hand what happens.

The other was that, whilst on the way to the agm, the chairman was stopped by cops...'Thats not a legal helmet' he declared, ' I cant read the stickers'
The chairman replied that it was in fact a legal helmet (fullface Shoei) and that the need to display the stickers was actually Consumer Law for the shop to sell them, not Traffic Law (this only states the helmet must comply, not that stickers have to be seen)
The cop insisted so Chris simply took the ticket and said 'See you in court'

Mark (HA Prez) caused a stir when he claimed apathy was thet biggest threat...backed up by the guy that spent 4 hours at Laverda Show and only got 2 new members signed up. I mentioned that 2 of the main aussie modified bike forums had the same problem.

So Mark threw down a challenge to all to prove him wrong...Until Nov 1st it will be FREE to join.....yes nothing..zip...zero....but you will still get all the info etc as if you had paid....no second rate deal.
He will cover all membership fees of any new members so the organisation does not loose out....

So if any can be bothered to support the group that is fighting for YOUR freedom to ride...visit the site...and join up...you might learn something.

http://www.mraqld.org/

RevHead
06-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Russ ,the prez is correct ,its up to the seller to sell the correctly marked ,stickered helmets,shit police are painful.
they use any excuse to harass us.

sharky
06-09-2012, 08:08 PM
47 views and one comment .....
Anyone taking up the offer of free membership ?

EVLZX
06-09-2012, 08:40 PM
I assume it's pointless for nsw residents?

sharky
06-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Not at all mate...there are MRA groups for each state.
The Vic mob have been very successful challenging the TAC ads

ozzy1100
06-09-2012, 10:01 PM
you already know my veiw u cunt lol

EVLZX
06-09-2012, 10:21 PM
You mean like this lot? http://www.mccofnsw.org.au/
(http://www.mccofnsw.org.au/)That don't accept individual membership....

robmac
07-09-2012, 12:36 AM
47 views and one comment .....
Anyone taking up the offer of free membership ?

Free is good but how to get free is the question?? Doesn't mention anything about it on the site?

sharky
07-09-2012, 05:16 AM
It was only decided Wednesday night so give them a few days to sort the site.

Apologies mate...there is MRA SA and MRA Vic and I wrongly assumed there would be one for NSW
I will email them to check

EVLZX
07-09-2012, 12:58 PM
No that's what it's called in NSW, if you go to MRA Aus it takes you to them, it's just a bit crap they don't accept individual members like in qld.