PDA

View Full Version : Single white male looking for

gereen50
04-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Hi all,
Only Jokeing Im not single im married I not white i pinkish but im always looking at stuf...lol
I found this site as Im lying in my bed recoverin from a fall from my bike (Husaberg FE450)...I had my ACL done an other shit to sort out my knee.
My name is Gerry Im Irish and this is my first streetfighter...I bought a stock TRX850 a few months ago and set apon my way of turning it into something more intresting. The resan I picked the TRX was for the sound track I love the whack of off a twin. Iv always had a bike or two scence I was a nipper and always had to get a grinder or hacksaw to them to make them unique. My bigest up to now was a DRZ400e converting it from Enduro to Supermoto so this TRX is a big undertaking for me. Please dont bust my balls for spelling or grammar as Im Irish not English...lol.:)

BANDITROD
04-09-2012, 08:28 PM
welcome mate there have been a few trx fighters done around here do a search and check them out

Yella
04-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Welcome

RevHead
04-09-2012, 08:31 PM
welcome ,another Husaberg fan good job my friend

EVLZX
04-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Welcome

Tony Nitrous
04-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Top-a-da-mornin-to-ya!!

Old thread, some pic's dont come up for me.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?10376-Yamaha-TRX

Gitzy should have them in the vault somewhere.

xa-mont
04-09-2012, 09:11 PM
welcome mate. I do love me a T-REX. they sound horn and have a perdy frame... kinda like a ducati only not shit.

ALBI
04-09-2012, 10:19 PM
welcome mate thank god ur not a pom dont need any more lol

gereen50
05-09-2012, 04:48 AM
Thanks lads for the welcome..and sorry for the long intro I was out of my head on pain medication as iv just had my ACL done....

nick76
05-09-2012, 07:42 AM
A long intro,is better than nothing....and it ain't long anyway!
Welcome

wackyrider
05-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Welcome to the madness mate.

I hear you on the ACL mate. Just had mine done 2 months ago. Hoping to finally get back on the bike this weekend.

gereen50
05-09-2012, 08:41 AM
How is the knee feeling now wackyridr... how long before you you were back at work...when did the fukin pain go away...how long did it take afterwards before you could ammm you know aaaahhhhh with the Mrs ???
I also split my cartilage and split the top of my tibia and had chipped bits of bone and cartilage so the extra damage is telling now with the pain...the bike is perfect tho not a scratch on it lol

wackyrider
05-09-2012, 08:48 AM
I did mine playing football. Tore the ACL and the Medial lateral ligament as well as tore the meniscus. I'm no longer on the tools, up in an office now. I worked from home for a little, 3 days after my operation. 2 weeks after the operation I removed the brace and went to work the next day. Started driving 2.5 weeks after the surgery. Been 8 weeks now and looking at jumping back on the bike this weekend.

Make sure to do the excercises they recommend, plus I have been doing physio twice a week for the last month as well to build up th quad again, as you'll be surprised how much muscle youloose in a few weeks. Knee is far from being 100%, gonna take 6 to 12 months for a full recovery, but I can walk normally enough. Stopped taking pain meds 2 weeks after surgery.

gereen50
05-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Ya everyone seems to be different I never had a brace on and im also scheduled to get physio 2 to 3 times a week. iv had a lot of muscle wastage over the last few years as Iv done both knees in before I should really improve my off-roading skills.
I have just bought a Kneehab its similar to a tens machine if you know what tat is...it hepls build the muscle faster and stronger after ACL reconstruction. Look up kneehab on youtube or http://www.neurotechgroup.com/uk/products/kneehab-xp
You might find the info interesting or useful .

geesexar
05-09-2012, 04:33 PM
welcome aboard mate..we wont hold it against ya coz you're irish..lol

Bob
05-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Welcome mate.

Gix11
10-09-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm late; but welcome aboard mate.