PDA

View Full Version : 05 gix 600 cutting out

Deano
04-09-2012, 02:56 PM
My track bike cuts out randomly might only be twice during a track day and seems to be only down the straights that it happens. It runs great then flame out. Efi Light flashes fast won't restart till I cycle the key. Have not viewed a code as I have always cycled the key and that clears the code. Took it to the local Suzuki dealer and just about every sensor logged a fault in the Ecu memory.

I have bypassed the clutch and stiff stand switches.

Got md a bit fucked

Any ideas

BANDITROD
04-09-2012, 05:14 PM
i was told a while ago not to bypass a clutch switch on my gix it threw a code and did the same as what yours is doing mate

Hagarr
05-09-2012, 04:18 PM
If you have bypassed the clutch switch by merely joining the two wires together there will be no fault as it simply puts the ECU in to Neutral!

If you have ever played with the ECU Editor stuff or similar most have a fuel & Ignition map for neutral which is completely different to your other selected gears which may be individually mapped or the same depending on the bike.

So basically you are operating the bike in neutral mode in the ECU which will give you all sorts of shit!

My track bike cuts out randomly might only be twice during a track day and seems to be only down the straights that it happens. It runs great then flame out. Efi Light flashes fast won't restart till I cycle the key. Have not viewed a code as I have always cycled the key and that clears the code. Took it to the local Suzuki dealer and just about every sensor logged a fault in the Ecu memory.

I have bypassed the clutch and stiff stand switches.

Got md a bit fucked

Any ideas

Deano
05-09-2012, 11:42 PM
thanks guys
my googling came up with clutch swith issues but seem to mostly be the 06 model onwards. the main issues people claim is a few hund rpm lower redline and the power not been as smooth. as for a complete flame out. doubt it will be the issue.

but still i have used a relay to replace the clutch switch so the bike is now effectlvely working like it was ment to.

have also replaced the cam sensor while i had the airbox off. doubt it was faulty but i had one to use so changed it anyway.

will have to get my arse to a track and see if the problem still exists.

before i give it a go i will wire up a little toggle switch to the dealer mode wires and if it does happen i can pull off the track and flick it into dealer mode and view the code on the dash before it disappears when i cycle the key.

latheboy
06-09-2012, 04:51 AM
It has the gaids ???

Dynomutt
06-09-2012, 06:57 AM
I had a very similar problem on my 750K5 fighter when I bypassed the clutch switch. The ignition map is different in neutral which doesn't help as the bike thinks it is in neutral all the time, from memory the fueling map will also be affected. Once I wired the clutch switch back in the problem went away. hook up a toggle so you can check the faultcodes when it does fritz out again.

Deano
06-09-2012, 11:23 PM
have now installed the relay it is controlled by the starter button so when the starter button is pressed it closes the circuit sending the 'clutch pulled in' signal to the ecu. when the started button is released as the bike starts the relay opens again telling the ecu that the clutch has been released.

works a treat. just hope it has fixed the problem.