PDA

View Full Version : Convex glass headlights

psycobilly
02-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Can anyone help me find some small round headlights with convex lenses at the front, (not sure what they're called but similar to what is on a Buell firebolt) I am aware of a light thread started by Gitzy, where i have previously located what I'm after but at the moment I can't get pics. I don't want standard Buell bits as I need both lights to have low/high beam. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

xa-mont
02-09-2012, 08:46 PM
you can just make the buell ones have high/low on both, just put high/low bulbs in and connect the high/lo wiring to both... done.

I think you are talking about dominators though.

xa-mont
02-09-2012, 08:49 PM
or.... you might be talking about projector headlights, they have a more pronounced convex lens.

psycobilly
02-09-2012, 08:56 PM
thanks travis, dominators are a bit big for where I need to have them fitted. trying to upgrade standard cr headlight bit keep outer perspex cover intact. the lights i saw were a flush mount, without a bucket at the rear. Might have to get onto more than wackers to see if any original lights still exist

xa-mont
02-09-2012, 09:07 PM
most HID projector housings have a fair bit hanging out the back, i reckon you'd be hard pressed to fit anything extra inside a buell CR light, they look pretty shallow. have you thought about maybe mounting some driving lights inside the super huge air ducts at the sides?

psycobilly
02-09-2012, 09:28 PM
lol with the air duct suggestion, wouldn't want to disrupt air flow to the HUGE 200mmx230mm radiators. Im fairly confident I can fit something inside the housing as the bulbs are recessed in a fair way.

Redmohawk
03-09-2012, 05:56 AM
There are some serious Led units out there now, will throw more light than a 50w quartz halogen downlight and you can get them in 3 or 4 different beam spread angles . Would fit easy @ 20mm round and about 20mm deep. (jacar electronics)

psycobilly
03-09-2012, 06:38 PM
thanks, i'll nick the work ute tomorrow and go for a look