PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of any Kawasaki ECU editing software?

EVLZX
01-09-2012, 10:00 PM
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any ECU editing software that I could get into a ZX14 ECU with?

I know there's the stuff available for the Hayabusa etc....

I also realise it can be sent away and done, but I'd prefer to DIY.

timbo
01-09-2012, 10:17 PM
PM booster, I think he was playing around with some ZX14 ECU's

EVLZX
01-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Cheers timbo, pm sent.

EXBEN
02-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Look here http://ecuhacking.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=99460&p=1

EVLZX
02-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Cheers Ben, not looking promising...

latheboy
02-09-2012, 10:39 PM
You could try "Bike Interceptor" it's like a power comander but better, live tuning and the rest...

http://www.bikeinterceptor.com/

Hagarr
04-09-2012, 01:52 PM
What he said vvvvvvvv but also check out ECU Editor, guy (Woolich Racing - Justin) in QLD is doing some amazing things with this stuff primarily based on the ECU Editor package.

i have just fitted NOS which is controlled by Standard Suzuki ECU.

I am currently running ECU Editor based Busa program in my B-King with shifter, NOS and data logging for tuning.

I would definetely recommend, once you start you'll never go back to PC's ever again.

Look here http://ecuhacking.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=99460&p=1

EVLZX
04-09-2012, 02:01 PM
You could try "Bike Interceptor" it's like a power comander but better, live tuning and the rest...

http://www.bikeinterceptor.com/
I had a quick look but it's not really what I'm after, and it's not supported. I've already got too much Power commander crap too.

EVLZX
04-09-2012, 03:09 PM
What he said vvvvvvvv but also check out ECU Editor, guy (Woolich Racing - Justin) in QLD is doing some amazing things with this stuff primarily based on the ECU Editor package.

i have just fitted NOS which is controlled by Standard Suzuki ECU.

I am currently running ECU Editor based Busa program in my B-King with shifter, NOS and data logging for tuning.

I would definetely recommend, once you start you'll never go back to PC's ever again.

I've just emailed Woolich to see if there's anything much happening. Cheers Hagarr.
Having looked around though it seems to be something which has been put in the too hard basket.
I think I read somewhere about a busa ecu swap, I don't know if I would do that.
Anyway, might just end up with the dynojet lcd and a speedohealer, as the only people doing it seem to be mail in.

Hagarr
04-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Probably created a bit of confusion for you there!

I didn't change the ECU "physically" I simply downloaded the Busa program and flashed (downloaded) in to my B-King ECU which Justin (Woolich Racing) has developed because luckily for me he has a B-King himself and wanted the functionality that had been created from the ECU Editor software for the King!

I suggest you download the free software from the ECU Editor site and if you need help Justin will surely be the man to help you but as a Layman (Dumbarse Question provider) give me a bell because the functionality you get from this software far outways any Dynojet stuff currently available.

Not because of Dynojet being shit (although some may disagree) but more you can datalog and make changes yourself without having to go to a dyno every five minutes to confirm.

Seriously suggest you research this as you'll be hooked like me if you like tinkering!

I've just emailed Woolich to see if there's anything much happening. Cheers Hagarr.
Having looked around though it seems to be something which has been put in the too hard basket.
I think I read somewhere about a busa ecu swap, I don't know if I would do that.
Anyway, might just end up with the dynojet lcd and a speedohealer, as the only people doing it seem to be mail in.

EVLZX
04-09-2012, 09:38 PM
I didn't change the ECU "physically" I simply downloaded the Busa program

No, I understood, sorry.

What I mean is, as far as I know there is not a cable or what ever commercially available to interface with the ZX14 ECU, all the work is done in store, which just sucks.

I have heard someone talking of using a Busa ECU on a ZX14, not sure if it's actually been done or just talked of.

As far as dynojet is concerned I've got the Auto Tune module, which I'm going to install some time soon. If I throw on the LCD module I can then have a heap of different maps.

06 ZX14 didn't run an 02 sensor :( tight arses.

EVLZX
04-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Justin from Woolich Racing just got back to me, said it's probably still a couple months away from production, but it is coming.

Hagarr
05-09-2012, 02:30 PM
You can fit an LC-1 Innovate Wideband sensor in to your exhaust which is what I have done as any of the software providers suggest much better results with Wideband.

You just need to weld a 16mm bung in to your exhaust at an appropriate place.

Because the '06 (which I guess you have!) doesn't have o2 sensor you will need to use the Innovate screen to copy any changes ar recordings from as the ECU won't have a port set aside so you'll need to do outside the standard ECU, until Justin sorts something out no doubt.

Once you have set your tune you can turn off the o2 sensor function anyway as you'll just be using a map which you have tested and downloaded.

Trust this makes sense!

I saw something in ECU Hacking about fitting a Busa ECU to a ZX14 might be worth a troll through the pages.

No, I understood, sorry.

What I mean is, as far as I know there is not a cable or what ever commercially available to interface with the ZX14 ECU, all the work is done in store, which just sucks.

I have heard someone talking of using a Busa ECU on a ZX14, not sure if it's actually been done or just talked of.

As far as dynojet is concerned I've got the Auto Tune module, which I'm going to install some time soon. If I throw on the LCD module I can then have a heap of different maps.

06 ZX14 didn't run an 02 sensor :( tight arses.