PDA

View Full Version : Just After Some Pirelli Tyre Feedback?

EVLZX
31-08-2012, 09:01 PM
I've always liked michelin.
But I've got Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa on the ZX14 and I don't mind them.
Does anyone know what the Rosso 2's are like? Or the Supercorsas?
Best place to buy from price wise?
Local shops are rrp.
Should I just go the Pilot Power 2s like I have on the zrx, I'm looking to get some km out of the rear....

Cheers for any feedback.

EVLZX
31-08-2012, 09:06 PM
I should add the guy I got the ZX14 off said he gets 5000km out of the rear, I'm heavier and Ive got it pumping out a lot more power all across the band especially down low so I think 5000 is going to be mythical.

Johnnie5
01-09-2012, 10:08 AM
why not go for something not quite as sticky for the rear
and keep a sticky front

its always been the common choice , nice sticky front tyre and longer life from, the rear

Gitzy
01-09-2012, 11:35 AM
I have Pirelli Angel ST"s on the TL, love em stick great even with Mrs Gitzy on the back and thats a lil extra weight if ya know what I'm sayin (no-one tell her I said that) they have the duration or something or other record 5000kms+ at avg 200kmh+ for continuous period on a Busa blah (google it for details) so they may be an option for you.

I just put A Diablo Rosso Corsa 1 on the rear of the R1 and Diablo Rosso Corsa 2 on the front of the R1 and It handled great at AFR this year to Macksville, They have done 2500kms and still look new..

I put them on the R1 straight after a set of Supercorsa's which lasted just over 8000kms granted they were rooted but they lasted even though they were like glue..

Just for a note for you though.. Anyone who knows me, knows I ride like a fckn pansy and I only weigh 80kgs.. But hopefully insightfull info for you anyway..

EVLZX
01-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Yeah I've been thinking of that Johnnie5.

Cheers for the feedback Gitzy.

Mishdog20
04-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Try MONO on here for tyres mate. He offers good deals for ASF members, and its good
to support a fellow member. if ya know what i mean.

BANDITROD
04-09-2012, 05:12 PM
hell yes what gitzy and mishdog said is spot on i also run angel st's and i am very happy with them

EVLZX
04-09-2012, 06:09 PM
hell yes what gitzy and mishdog said is spot on i also run angel st's and i am very happy with them

Yeah I've just been immersing myself in tyre knowledge, some of the shit your read though is just a fuckin joke.
I like the pirelli but I also like the michelin, I'm torn.

RevHead
04-09-2012, 06:13 PM
had them front and rear on my old 1100w fighter ,fuckin awesome tyres,[Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa ]

i like Michelin ,but pirelli wins hands done .

Jed
05-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I just came off a set of Michelin Pures - which I wasn't really impressed with. Previously had Powers which I liked. Have just put on some Dunlop Sport Smarts. I'm rapped with them. Heaps of grip and feel and don't seem to take real long to warm up.

EVLZX
05-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Yeah I think the pures are supposed to be some of the lightest tires available, but the trade off is not as stiffer tire.
Was that the issue with the pures?

Cruisecontrol
05-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Supercorsas were the best tyres I have ever had in 20+ years of riding, without a doubt.
I currently have a set of Michelin Pilots on and I don't think I will wait till they wear out before I go back to Pirellis...

EVLZX
05-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Supercorsas were the best tyres I have ever had in 20+ years of riding, without a doubt.
I currently have a set of Michelin Pilots on and I don't think I will wait till they wear out before I go back to Pirellis...

What Pilots are you running atm Cruise?

nick76
05-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Opinions on tyres are like arseholes.....everyones got one!
No matter what tyre you talk about,you'll hear people love them,and people hate them!
You've just got to buy'em and try'em yourself.
Since its for a 1400....i dont think any of the supersport tyres are gonna last long anyway,especially since its abit of a commuter,you'll get a chance to try different sets....often.
If you're looking for ks out of the rear,you'll have to chosse from the sports touring range out there.

pav69
05-09-2012, 06:15 PM
pures on my z love em wet & dry

ozzy1100
05-09-2012, 06:33 PM

+1 on the supercorsas but do have a funny looking profile they handle sooooo nice

EVLZX
07-09-2012, 01:27 AM
What about Dunlop Sportmax Q2?
If I read correctly the rear is a dual compound and the front single.

nick76
07-09-2012, 08:36 AM
They're well priced,i put a set on my hyper,and it doesn't seem to like them as much as the pilots i had on beforehand.
I've had to keep backing off my suspension to try and get some feel in them,and to get them to work.
They're ok,they might work better on a heavier bike like yours???

EVLZX
07-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Yeah, too many choices.
I like feedback from my tyres though

oldskool
07-09-2012, 06:11 PM
There is only one tyre brand.
Pirelli

Redmohawk
07-09-2012, 06:17 PM
I prefer round ones

EVLZX
07-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Shit is that what I've been doing wrong?
So the bloke who sold me those square tyres screwed me over?

StuNVA
07-09-2012, 06:35 PM
What about Dunlop Sportmax Q2?
If I read correctly the rear is a dual compound and the front single.

I think the Q2 is the best tire I've ever used. I hated the Pilot Pure, too much wall flax. B016 or whatever the bridgestone things were called took too long to warm up and tried to kill you in the meantime. Had a Pirelli split in half on me one day so am wary of them now days. I used to like the Pilot Power. The busa has PPower 2ct on them but it had been flattened out in the middle a bit before I got it so I can't comment. The Q2 are cheap enough, I'll stick with them, Mono will look after you too.

EVLZX
07-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Yeah I saw he's got a lot of Dunlops listed.
From what I've seen a lot of the zx14 riders are using Pilot Powers 2's, then I saw a thread on the same forum about ages and the average age is 50+

EVLZX
07-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Have you had the Q2 on the Busa? If you have how many km did you get?

nick76
07-09-2012, 06:58 PM
50yo+ doesn't mean much,there's alot of old fellas old there that can RIDE!!
If its a ZX14 forum you read that on......its ok.....so long as it wasn't a Harley one!!
If you're worried about ks....you'll have to lean towards a sports touring tyre,and not a supersports type.
The 14 is heavy and has some power,i reckon you might be very lucky if you even see 5000ks out of a rear???

EVLZX
07-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Yeah I know I can't have my sticky and my km too, but I'm just trying to find the best compromise between the 2.

nick76
07-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Sports touring tyres is your best bet,fairly sticky,and longer lasting.
and if you're doing alot of commuting on highways,a sports tyre is a waste,as the middle will be flat and worn out before the edges even get used. Its not like a 14 is gonna be doing the twisties all the time...

EVLZX
07-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Its not like a 14 is gonna be doing the twisties all the time...
Says who? I avoid the highway as much as possible, too boring and too many poo poo to make it interesting.
I don't commute, at least not at the moment.
But yeah I'll probably go sports tour, I don't like running unmatched sets.

StuNVA
08-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Have you had the Q2 on the Busa? If you have how many km did you get?

Nope, will fit a set for the run to Phillip Island next month, will know more after that.

EVLZX
09-09-2012, 03:12 PM
50yo+ doesn't mean much,there's alot of old fellas old there that can RIDE!!
If its a ZX14 forum you read that on......its ok.....so long as it wasn't a Harley one!!
If you're worried about ks....you'll have to lean towards a sports touring tyre,and not a supersports type.
The 14 is heavy and has some power,i reckon you might be very lucky if you even see 5000ks out of a rear???

"I'll have to differ with you there. From what I've seen, many of the ZX14 riders have little or no experience at all. If you have the money, you can go into any dealership and buy a ZX14 or busa right off of the showroom floor.... no experience required. That is exactly what most of those Vest wearing, parking lot riders do. They only have bikes like the Busa or ZX14 so they can say "I'm cool!", but they have no experience or skills whatsoever. Most of them end up crashing and raising our insurance rates anyways!"
http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=27&TID=58920&pagenumber=2
(http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=27&TID=58920&pagenumber=2)
This is what I was referring to.

nick76
09-09-2012, 05:12 PM
^^^^^Yeah...but that goes for most bikes....R1s...Gixxers etc

EVLZX
09-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Yeah, over there it seems stupid ppl go straight from never riding to a 1000+