PDA

View Full Version : Total noob from newy

retro
29-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Hi guys, Just wanted to introduce myself. Im Kyle from Newcastle.
Im new to bikes (just got my l's) and will be hoping to get some help making my own streetfighter and help with gear to look the part.
I am getting a gs500 in couple of weeks and alredy have a list of easy to do mods to get me started. duel headlights,bar end mirrors and exhaust etc. Its my first bike and wont be able to strip down and re-do from scratch so the plan is to do little things on weekend and be back on the rd for work on monday. any advice will be apreciated and meeting people in the area would be great. I have all my safety gear sorted except my helmet so i would love to hear what you guys/girls are wearing and what you would recommend.
Im excited to get my bike started and to hear from other people in the scene.
cheers.

EVLZX
29-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Welcome Kyle, good base to start from the GS, always heaps of help/advice here and I do believe a lot of members up your way.

EVLZX
29-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Helmets are really personal, you'd be best off going into the local shop and getting one of the guys there to help fit you up with a helmet, go for whatever fits your head the best and is in your price range.

Abranko
30-08-2012, 07:20 AM
I'm a spamming cunt

RevHead
30-08-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm a spamming cunt

hey Large ,boom ,this spammer,lol

welcome Kyle ,gs ,good starter

ALBI
30-08-2012, 11:19 AM
welcome mate to tyhe dead set best place on earth !!
x2 as evil said go to a shop and try them all on
buy the way grahame boyd suzuki has a shit load of helmuts on sale as he is selling up id pop in and see if ya can grab a deal.

ALBI
30-08-2012, 11:20 AM
hmmm should come to this mate and be known !
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?24285-Newy-asf-september-bbq-!!!!!!

clarkixlc
30-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Welcome bud. I had a gs500 for my first bike and had a ball on it. Nice and simple to work on as well

Gitzy
30-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Welcome Kyle, like Albi said come to the BBQ in sept to meet the other Newy peeps.

The crow
30-08-2012, 05:47 PM
welcome aboard .. u will learn lots and get great advce as long as ur willing to listen.. ur first project is always fun as u will find u have a ton of ideas but deciding which ones u will use and figureing how to make them work is where all the fun is that is untill u take it for a ride and show it off with that ear to ear grin that only u know u have hidden under ur helmet

retro
30-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the response, My question in regards to helmets was more about the style of helmet. I saw a thread on this forum on the adventure style helmet and was wondering if these were a good choice? I tried one on at suzuki and I found a THH brand (exactly the same as the fly trekker) for about $200 It fit nice and I thought it looked good until the guy said if im riding a Road bike i would "look like a fuckwit" (his words)lol. I didnt end up buying the helmet and I walked out after he then tried to sell me a Hyosung?
So what style of helmet is the go? normal rd or adventure style?
thanks in advance. I will see how i go for the picnic but it sounds great.

MattyDucati
30-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Welcome retro

nemo
30-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the response, My question in regards to helmets was more about the style of helmet. I saw a thread on this forum on the adventure style helmet and was wondering if these were a good choice? I tried one on at suzuki and I found a THH brand (exactly the same as the fly trekker) for about $200 It fit nice and I thought it looked good until the guy said if im riding a Road bike i would "look like a fuckwit" (his words)lol. I didnt end up buying the helmet and I walked out after he then tried to sell me a Hyosung?
So what style of helmet is the go? normal rd or adventure style?
thanks in advance. I will see how i go for the picnic but it sounds great.
Sounds like streetfighter to me!!! :D
If ya like that style helmet, have a look at the Rjays Dakar...
Ive not had one, but heard good things, and Rjays is on the more affordable side of things.. so more $$ to spend on bike bits!!!