PDA

View Full Version : rightio wake up you lot , WASF goes east

hyofighter
22-08-2012, 10:50 PM
so Deano just posted up about the asf xmas drags , i had previously asked in the vic section about when its happening so here it is http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?24296-Xmas-Drags-8th-December-2012-Heathcote-Park-Raceway

so im keen on heading over , initially i was just gonna fly over for the weekend and im still happy to do that , but mattyducati showed some interest in driving and taking his bike and id be keen for this to but no pressure matty if i had a second car or can get one before then id drive myself , unless some one else has some other ideas like ride over , ride from radelaide crate bikes there like rocket did a few years back for his eastern states assualt

either way im going fly drive swim , bike or no bike i just wanna show my asf face , meet and greet and drink so who else is in ????

Rocket
22-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Sorry Scottay, I have a very important engagement that I probably won't be able to get out of on the 8th so I will be chained down here in Perth.

If you can get a bike over there though, you should do it.
We can only dream about roads like those guys have.

BANDITROD
22-08-2012, 11:26 PM
you can always crash at my joint on the way guys and then we can all head over together

Kramer
23-08-2012, 02:34 AM
Keen but my license will be gone come next month...

BANDITROD
23-08-2012, 09:05 AM
you dont need a lic at the track

Hagarr
23-08-2012, 02:11 PM
HHMMM What dates?

like the idea of flying to Adelaide and riding to Dimboola few tubes and down from there!

same way back, OOOOORRRRRR!.

There is a guy who does bike transport like car transport no boxes required and all under cover so no bullshit to deal with having to strip them out or store anything, alll you need to pack is your socks jocks and a bag.

that way you could ride up to Sydney and have bike transported back from there and fly out of Syderny!

not cheap but less fucking around which I really like the idea of not having to carry rechargeable drills or store the box and have to come back to the same destination you have left.

hyofighter
23-08-2012, 03:00 PM
well it just happens that i rang a mob this morning called bikes only , they load up in perth and have a depot in radelaide , flights there are $169 with virgin bike transport is a hefty $693 each way , no dismantling required or crates , ride from there through radelaide hills to vic back to radelaide , if i did this i maybe would go to be in sa for thurs , vic fri - sun - sa mon home tue

maybe we can get a better price if theres a few going , maybe theres other mobs to , 690 is still cheaper than driving over

Hagarr
23-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Thats the company, I just came back from the bike shop with the brochure.

I'm happy to pay the price as there is little or no pissfarting around and I can go on to Syderny if I have time.

Can you confirm the dates?

hyofighter
23-08-2012, 04:41 PM
the drags i definate for the 8th dec so all depends on where adelaide or sydney and how long you wanna go for , im more keen for adelaide but hey im easy

rock hard
23-08-2012, 10:01 PM
im KEEEEENNN hopefully we can sort transport as the BULLFROG wont be any good at tooooring from Adeldaid to melbounestan

Hagarr
23-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Crap December 8th is not good as Rocket is aware.

what about Phillip Island Classic and then on to somewhere from there?

January around Asutralia Day.

Same theme drop bikes at Adelaide ride the roads via as many members we can bludge on and down to P.I and beyong.

hyofighter
24-08-2012, 12:32 AM
maybe and i like that idea too but this about the drags and i really want to go , if its a no bike affair im fine with that ill fly drink and spew , but bikes would be awesome , i forgot about bullfrog not really touring well , that bikes only mob do go to bendigo so its only just out by 30 ks so surley some one could transport it , if not trailer and road trip from here moz

Watto
24-08-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm unfortunately out of this one as heading to Sydney for first two weeks of Jan for Aussie Sailing Titles down @ San Souci so chewing out a bit of the little leave I have already - sounds like would be a cracker of a trip tho

MattyDucati
24-08-2012, 04:52 PM
intersted im just guna start checking prices

MattyDucati
24-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Plan #1
When are ya thinking about shipin the bikes from perth? im thinkin about getting down to perth in early November droping the bike then coming back until the Wednesday or Thursday before the drags flying to radelaide and fly home on Tuesday or Wednesday after?
Plan #2
thinking about goin on a family holiday and getting asf xmas party in the middle as my better half has family in melb that she will stay with over that weekend. i could take 4 maybe 5 bikes in a inclosed trailer.
Plan #3
Its all to much $$$ and i might just come down to perth for a ride and go to the drags there and ya might see me over east in 2 years anyhow.:confused:

hyofighter
24-08-2012, 05:15 PM
hey matty that bikes only mob im sure went to karratha

hyofighter
24-08-2012, 05:17 PM
plan 1 is what im planning to do, fly out here thurs fly back tue get bike in adelaide

MattyDucati
24-08-2012, 05:19 PM
plan 1 is what im planning to do, fly out here thurs fly back tue get bike in adelaide
it does sound like the most fun :)

I have used bikesonly before they are good

hyofighter
24-08-2012, 05:20 PM
i have a mate in karratha that maybe can help to get your bike to mine and then i can it to perth if this helps

MattyDucati
24-08-2012, 05:26 PM
cool, im just gettin a qoute from bikes only now from here to radelaide

hyofighter
24-08-2012, 05:52 PM
ring them they have specials on at the moment

rock hard
24-08-2012, 08:58 PM
maybe and i like that idea too but this about the drags and i really want to go , if its a no bike affair im fine with that ill fly drink and spew , but bikes would be awesome , i forgot about bullfrog not really touring well , that bikes only mob do go to bendigo so its only just out by 30 ks so surley some one could transport it , if not trailer and road trip from here mozyes its about the Drags...and the piss up and the piss pulling..oh and drag racing your mates and talking shit etc...otherwise its another year..

hyofighter
25-08-2012, 12:31 AM
moz hutchy and geesexar are heading from adelaide with a trailer and they said they may have room for a bike , there you go bullfrog can go , so now do it , hey hey wink wink

MattyDucati
25-08-2012, 02:40 AM
I'm out, sorry. I just can't justify the outlay when I will also be loosing a ton of overtime at work cause of a shutdown in early December. I hope you guys have fun.
I'm thinking of coming down to see you guys in the south west in early November and getting to the drag strip with my bike, we should call it the WA Xmas drag.

geesexar
25-08-2012, 06:59 AM
if yas are heading to adelaide yas can crash at my place...me an hutch are planning on trailering bikes to melb on friday

hyofighter
26-08-2012, 10:08 PM
so no other takers then , well im pretty set on sending the bike to radelaide and ride from there to somewhere in vic on the fri and heathcote for sat , any other bike transport mobs worthy of mentioning ??

Hagarr
27-08-2012, 09:47 AM
so no other takers then , well im pretty set on sending the bike to radelaide and ride from there to somewhere in vic on the fri and heathcote for sat , any other bike transport mobs worthy of mentioning ??

I am so keen for this but two other events rule me out, Bugger!

Next time!

hyofighter
03-09-2012, 01:58 AM
bikes booked in , flights sorted , wasf will be present , now to map out a nice route to vic and back