PDA

View Full Version : Integrated LED TailLight with Turn Signals

bluedrags
16-08-2012, 08:39 PM
I am looking at fitting Integrated LED TailLight with Turn Signals to my Kawasaki z1000 are they legal in NSW or Australia it will look factory?.

RevHead
16-08-2012, 08:49 PM
they look great ,but no there not legal,you will get a fine,best thing to do is fit one ,and fit tiny rear blinkers as well ,then they cannot touch you

bluedrags
16-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Ok will try that shame would look better without blinkers seating there.

RevHead
16-08-2012, 09:27 PM
have you got a tidy tail on the new bike

bluedrags
16-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Na I pick it up tomorrow hopefully,Luke said he has a eliminator that will fit.
Will have to have a look when I get back from west.

sharky
17-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Why worry about the legality of the light as the fender eliminator is an illegal mod too ??

latheboy
17-08-2012, 08:16 AM
I have one in a ZX6R tail, probably the same light.
I like it but they are unlegal. I haven't had any trouble yet.

hooligan
17-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Sharky's got a point.
for me it's not the legality, it's about being run over because someone didn't see my indicator.
Numbers has one on his bike, but also has small strip LED's (i think) as extras, which is really effective, and still looks good, can't see them when they're off, but it's easy to see them when they're on, and tell left or right.

Weaselman
17-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Having an intergrated blinker is an instant defect in NSW.

Besides Id rather have blinkers on stalks and bright as fuck so the 'tards' see me.
When I put my tail tidy on my Z i actually shortened the stock blinkers and put them back on because of their shape and the fact they are bright

sen
17-08-2012, 04:30 PM
I had the integrated indicators on the GSXR and on another bike, rode them for ages every day to/from work in the city and on rides, never once got pulled up.

Doesn't mean you won't get pulled up, since it IS illegal, but just another reference point.

Weaselman
18-08-2012, 07:59 AM
My problem is that if you ARE in an accident a mod like that could wind up voiding your insurence

EVLZX
18-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Why tempt the cops more? Might be that one extra thing that pushes that cops buttons and leaves your wallet a bit lighter and your licence full of holes.
I just installed a full tiforce system on the zx and it's pretty loud so this is the kinda attention grabbing I would avoid.
Also I believe there's supposed to be 30cm between indicators (ADR), or is that the front...
And you know all the tin tops are already gunnin for ya.

Yella
18-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Even fitting a tail tidy can get your insurance canceled if they want to be knobs. 300 between the indicators is correct and you must have a rear reflector.
I have ran integrated rear light/ indicators for years and never had an issue but don't get pulled over much. But last time they got me was for indicators under 300 apart, no rear reflector and number plate on the wrong angle and was told if I get defected for the same thing twice they will cancel my rego. Strange they didn't even look at the turbo, so shows they have been given a list of easy targets to go after.
Pretty much ya not gunna win so fuck em I say :)

EVLZX
18-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Fuck I hate the reflectors the zx has these great big round ones at the front on either side of the forks, better go look at getting them off

sharky
19-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Its quite simple....go with eliminators, intergrated lights, loud pipe etc etc...no prob,you know it's illegal but fuk 'em ...but don't whinge when you get busted for them....

You're riding along..minding your own business...cop car behind...watching..thinking 'nah he's ok...not being a dick'...
and then a big flashing light appears.....intergrated rear light....
'oh thanks' says mr policeman...'just the excuse we need'...
thinks..'well...he's got one illegal mod...bet there's others we can get him for too $$$$$$'

RevHead
19-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Russ speaks the truth ,i got stopped for no chain guard last year,got told to fix this,i went back to my workshop and made one ,4 weeks later i got stopped by another cop ,booked for integrated tail-light ,then booked for having a little point on my chain ,guard ,when i told him i had to make one as instructed by one of his officers he said ,stiff.then was going to defect the bike bc of my pods ,they are a law unto there-self,