PDA

View Full Version : Dominator Help

kamakazebusabrother
15-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Hey guys... New member here. But always scabbed my brothers ASF shirt while his been away lol.

Thinking of putting new Matt black dominator twins on my 2006 FZ1 naked. Want to try something new. But i'm having trouble finding the brackets to fit on the 55mm forks. No mcas or the wreckers have any in sydney.
Had the same trouble last time sticking them on my custom painted thundercat streetfighter with the help of my brother Kamakazebusa @ collideascope. But i managed with a bit of bodginess.

Anyone here have any photos to know what it looks like on a FZ1??? and any help or links to find the brackets in AUS. Dont really want to buy from overseas unless i have to.

El_Hefty
15-08-2012, 09:38 PM
ask ben at extreme creations... im sure he has something hiding there that will help

RevHead
15-08-2012, 10:14 PM
i bought 2x sets of these ,
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330763377007?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1125wt_699

Gitzy
16-08-2012, 05:46 AM
Dont really want to buy from overseas unless i have to.

First Off Welcome..

Second why?? Ben would be the ONLY person I buy anything from in Australia, everywhere else can suck a big one with there raping prices and all round shit service to their fellow country men, I'd rather pay 1/4 of the price and receive my parts quicker from some other country..

Just Sayin..

fimpBIKES
16-08-2012, 06:38 PM
55 sounds pretty huge, normally the top bit of usd forks is 50-ish isnt it?

kamakazebusabrother
16-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Thank you everyone.. I'll give ben a try

Yes, from the top of the forks its 50mm but thn it expands after the top triple clamp to 55mm. The headlight brackets just sit on the 55mm part of the forks. It should look sweet! But i just got to find a spare wire harness now or just use my old one

CookyMon
22-08-2012, 11:21 PM

Here's a pic of mine. I know the angle of the pic is not that great, looking top down on the bracket and all. Anyway I knocked the brackets out of some aluminium from Bunnings using nothing but a hacksaw, trimmed them up with a file, drilled the mounting holes, then bent the clamps straight around the fork tubes (I measured first so I knew they were the right size). I lined the inside of the clamps with some sikaflex so they would grip the tube. Anyway much, much cheaper than buying a set of aftermarket clamps and brackets.