PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Bike Shop

Cruisecontrol
11-08-2012, 12:55 PM
*Caution, rant in progress*

So i bought myself another bike two weeks ago.
I still havent got it...

I purchased a secondhand VTR from a particular Bike Bizness in Parramatta two weeks ago Sat 28 July. Made the deal, paid full price and then the jokes began.

Firstly I was told that I cant take the bike as it hasnt had a service, needed the wheel bearings replaced and needed rego so I can pick it up on Monday (30th).
No worries I thought, I will get the bike in good nick and be a happy chappy. Heard nothing and called them Monday arvo. "Sorry, bike isnt ready, we are waiting for parts for it. You will have it Tuesday(31st)".
WTF? I thought. Surely they would have what they needed since they knew it needed a service and bearings before selling it.
Heard nothing Tuesday and called again. Service done just gotta get a blue slip and I will have it this arvo.
I get the only call from the bike shop to date that wasnt a result of me calling them: "Umm, bit of a problem with your bike. Riding it to get rego and the engine started making horrible noises so it is back in the workshop getting looked at.

I go in on the Wednesday 1st Aug to find out what is going on. Cam chain tensioner shat itself. "No other damage thankfully so we have ordered new tensioner and cam chain so you will have it Friday (3rd), Saturday (4th) at the latest..."
I rang Monday (6th) after hearing nothing at all to be told the parts havent arrived. "They should be here this arvo"
I rang Wednesday (8th) "Parts havent arrived but they should be here this arvo..."
I cracked it and asked to talk to the manager. He assured me the parts are on order and it is not their fault regarding how long it takes for them to arrive.
I pointed out that I could have ordered them myself and received them quicker but I was brushed off.
Manager call me back five minutes later... Not their fault!
They order their parts through a nearby bike shop and that bike shop hadn't paid their bill, therefore Honda Aust wasnt releasing parts till it was paid...
I then asked how long it usually takes from ordering to receiving parts. "24 hrs". I pointed out it has been a week and nobody has had the intelligence to find out why they hadn't arrived before now. No response...
I was assured the parts will be in on Thursday (9th) and they would call and let me know. I rang Friday (10th) to be told that they finally have the parts and are working on it now. "should be done today".

So now it is Saturday (11th) and I still havent heard from them what the hell is going on.
At no point is any of it their fault, it is other bike shops, Honda Aust, bad luck etc.
I have never had such a fucked up experience dealing with someone in the motorcycle industry in my 20 years of riding.

MattyDucati
11-08-2012, 01:18 PM
yeah thats pretty fucked

El_Hefty
11-08-2012, 01:23 PM
go get your money back

Weaselman
11-08-2012, 01:53 PM
I've bought 2 bikes off that Bizness and was very happy with the sales service. (My current bike is from them)
But their parts supply is a joke.
I ordered oggy knobs and a tank bag when I bought my bike and it took 3 weeks for the oggy's and over a month for the tank bag.
And after it turned up it was for the wrong bike and they didn't have another one in stock so the replacement had to come from France!
I don't know what the mechanics are like. My mate gets his Rocket 3 done there and is happy and I'll take my bike there for its first service but that will be the only time I let a dealership touch my bike aside from warranty problems.
But what do you do? The stuff gets fixed at no cost to you and you have the satisfaction of knowing its done. Rather than bailing on the deal and getting another bike that has similar problems that will then might have to come out of your pocket.

hooligan
11-08-2012, 02:08 PM
I bought my vfr8 from them and had quite a few issues too, Dan. Too long to type on my phone. They did get it sorted I the end, but it took about 4 months.

hooligan
11-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Oh, and all correspondance via email, so there's a record of it. I got some great stuff in writing from Stan, I'll email it to you on Monday for a giggle.

ALBI
11-08-2012, 03:08 PM
lol i like the bike BIZNESS name ,i saw wat u did very cleaver!!!
my old boss sam went into same shop and saw a 750 yami cruzer for the life of me i dont remember the name of it ?? 10 yrs ago it was .it was on sale as they had two many it came with rego,ridding gear and twelve months insurance all for $2300 of reg price if bought on that saturday,he loved it so he saw that the front window said we take AMEX he has a very low rate on it and bought it ,the sales man asked how he was paying and sam said on credit card ,his eyes lit up and deal was done ,when sam handed over AMEX they knocked it back saying they dont take AMEX no more and had to find another way,sam called his lawyer and one phone call later they had to houner sale as they listed they take AMEX !
ok no biggie you say well it took them 3 months to deliver as they claimed that they had no stock and would cancel his order not a problem and would waiver cancelation fee??WTF .
once again one call later and sam had said bike from bike BIZNESS 2 days later ??

moral of this story ?? contact dept of fair trading and lodge a complaint with the relavant ombudsasmen!!!

oldskool
11-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Go get ya cash back!

Cruisecontrol
11-08-2012, 05:04 PM
That was exactly my thinking, Weasel. Better it happened to them and not me because I wont pay a cent and will get a better bike because of it.
The frustrating part is they were quick to take my cash but have dragged their feet ever since.

Sounds good, Chris!

BANDITROD
11-08-2012, 05:17 PM
fuck that sucks Dan i hope you get it sorted mate ...do you have any plans for the VTR or just leaving it the way it is

Cruisecontrol
11-08-2012, 06:04 PM
I say now that I am going to leave it alone...
USD's maybe but nothing too serious. I need something as a daily ride so it has to be roadworthy and ridden in all weather.
I would love to fighter it one day though!

Weaselman
11-08-2012, 06:52 PM
I say now that I am going to leave it alone...
USD's maybe but nothing too serious. I need something as a daily ride so it has to be roadworthy and ridden in all weather.
I would love to fighter it one day though!

He needs something faster than the cb for NFR

Cruisecontrol
11-08-2012, 08:53 PM
It is a CD thank you!

rock hard
11-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Hey Dan,sorry to hear and in my experience Honda still don't know how to make cam chain tentioners fucked if i know why..i also had an immaculate VTR shit a front cyl cam chain tentioner on a test ride with 20k on the clock...there was no warning it just let go and bent exhaust valves i suggest you go and look at the bike and whats been done as these things do happen but in our case we replaced the valves Both camchains and tentioners and being a honda they can be difficult to work on ...once sorted they are pretty good bikes but i would fit manual tentioers for the reasons mentioned above..good luck and i hope it all works out...Morry

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
12-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Gods way of telling you not to buy a Honda. Get another Bandit mate

Nudie
12-08-2012, 06:49 PM
VTR's have a bad reputation for dodgy cam chain tensioners. But there are plenty getting around with high klms on the original CCT's. I started getting the yips and convinced myself I could hear noises in the engine at 80,000 klms (they havent been easy k's either) and changed the originals for Krieger manually adjustable CCT's.
Congrats on your purchase Dan and good luck leaving it alone!

EVLZX
12-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Gods way of telling you not to buy a Honda. Get a Kawasaki mate

What I was thinkin too

Weaselman
12-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Gotta love the new Z1000 :)

Cruisecontrol
12-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Cheers Russ, and Morry they said that they were replacing both tensioners and cam chains as a precaution even though it was only the front that went.
I was told that the valves were sweet but I am not convinced. If I had the cash I would take it straight to another mechanic to get them to have an impartial look. Hopefully it is just easier and safer for the bike shop to do the right thing, take it on the chin and fix the problem.

kev@vcm
13-08-2012, 08:40 AM
A good customer of mine purchased a Triumph Thunderbird S from them and lets say they dont have the best name in the game , he purchased the bike new from them and its been back 11 times to have things fixed in the end he brought his barrister in and things ot done , i went there to test ride the new VMAX has cash in my hand and was told by the head salesman that its not a bike to joyride on and hes not just letting just anyone ride it needless to say i flipped out at him in front of alot of people and considering i purchased the busa from there and i can say i wont go there EVER they are scum of the bike shops

i had other salesman tell me to ring the owner of bikebiz and complain whats that say about the place

Cruisecontrol
13-08-2012, 01:07 PM
I am officially disgusted by these scumbags.
Rang again today even though I was told I would receive a call Friday about the progress. On Friday I was told the bike will be ready today and Monday at the latest.
Just got told it will be ready tomorrow... That sounds fucking familiar.

hooligan
13-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Sounds good, Chris!

emailed you something from my work addy, chris@somethingorother...
It took me saying i'm bringing it back, when can I get pick up a cheque? before they took it seriously. That was after the phonecall saying, hi, I just picked up my bike, and it's just broken down again. Where are you? about 5 ks up the road...

RevHead
13-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Sorry to hear of your troubles Dan ,i had a similar thing happen with a gsx750, Many years ago ,but they had my bike and money for 4 months,When i finally got the bike ,It blew up costing me a further $1650,To replace the whole engine ,good luck hope it all works out in the end.

Cruisecontrol
13-08-2012, 06:52 PM
I got that thanks, Chris.
I read through it and was amazed at the similarities...
The first time I spoke to the sales manager I got the "I'm just back from two weeks annual leave" line too!
I had to laugh.
I am tempted to go over there tomorrow and just wait til it is ready. Ask to see the bike and sit and watch the work (if any) being done on it.

Weaselman
13-08-2012, 06:55 PM
It'll be in the yard covered in weeds

Snake_Doctor
13-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Mate if it was me Id be getting my Dollars back. they can't not give it back as they have breached a contract to supply you the bike in a reasonable timeframe.

Just my 2 cents and that means nothing in the scheme of things but you are not meant to get this one son.

I got that thanks, Chris.
I read through it and was amazed at the similarities...
The first time I spoke to the sales manager I got the "I'm just back from two weeks annual leave" line too!
I had to laugh.
I am tempted to go over there tomorrow and just wait til it is ready. Ask to see the bike and sit and watch the work (if any) being done on it.

Nudie
13-08-2012, 07:07 PM
I think you've been more than reasonable Dan, it's time to demand your money back and they can get fucked

Cruisecontrol
13-08-2012, 07:24 PM
I keep thinking that I have waited this long, surely it is worth it...
Tomorrow should be interesting I am going over there armed with my riding gear and a book. I plan on sitting in their showroom til I get my bike. I sure hope a lot of customers ask me what the hell I am doing there...

Large
13-08-2012, 10:31 PM
lol

All this angst for a H**da.

xtmuz
14-08-2012, 10:21 AM
i hate bike shops....full stop.

they treat you like your a moron... (though i suppose they do get there fair share)
and act as though there doing YOU a huge favor by even serving you.
and you've got to remember if they are so shit hot why are they only working in a bike shop in the first place...
and then charge you twice the price compaired to the internet for parts.
i've ordered part from my local bike shop the same day as i've ordered parts from the states.
form the states it took 3 day's... 2 1/2 weeks from the local bike shop...
and just try and rebuild an old bike!!!!!......

my 2 cent rant...

sharky
14-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Approach each customer with a printed sequence of events....
See how many read it and walk out....bet they'll fix you up real quick

Hillsy
14-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Dan - just get your money back.

Firstly, they're fucking with you...

And secondly, don't buy a Honda.

Iceman
14-08-2012, 12:55 PM
just go in and randomly push displays over until yours is ready

BANDITROD
14-08-2012, 01:01 PM
hahaha i like clints idea the best

Cruisecontrol
14-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Cheers fellas, you sure are an inventive lot.
Got a call 9am today. "Your bike is ready." Woo-fucking-hoo. I go in at 11:30 to pick it up.
I had to stand around for an hour while they put rego on it, cleaned it and sorted the keys and paperwork. I suppose there is no reason for them to give a shit this late in the game.
I got a forced apology for the two and a half week screw around and that was it. I would love to have a business with enough customers to not bother trying to make people happy.
I actually ripped their company stickers off the bike in their lot before I rode off...

nick76
14-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Good to hear its finally sorted.
I woulda pushed for a good/massive discount on any gear you might've needed/wanted from the shop,for the inconvenience!
Buying a bike should be fun/exciting.......not a massive fuck around,like this became!

El_Hefty
14-08-2012, 07:44 PM
I actually ripped their company stickers off the bike in their lot before I rode off...

fuck yeah man you really showed them!

Gitzy
14-08-2012, 08:27 PM
I hope its trouble free Dan, Good Luck Mate..

Tomac
14-08-2012, 09:40 PM
I fucking hate Honda. All of my experience with them is from thier dirt bikes, I'll give the old XRs & CRs thumbs up but I wouldnt piss on the new CRFs if they were on fire. Your VTR has gotto be more reliable than a CRF because the bar is set pretty fucken low on those cunts. Best of luck with your new ride.

BANDITROD
15-08-2012, 10:11 AM
lol

Large
15-08-2012, 01:29 PM
So now that's sorted...how about a pic then Dan?

Tony Nitrous
15-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Im very disillusioned with bike shops i've used in Australia.

We made a huge list one night with our own personal experiences,

A couple of mine were...

Not being able to find out if a bike had an alloy or steel subframe ?

Trying to order a set of Renthals and the guy INSISTED on looking
"Hayabusa" up in the book, suprise suprise, not f#cking listed !!!

Not knowing or being able to find out what a TRE was ?

Asking what year "TL" my Hayabusa was ?

When I tried to explain about slabbies and slingshots
being small bore 1052 and big bore 1127 engines being
told "Naa Mate, they're all 1100cc"

Being told that a B-King motor had "some" different
internals to a busa (it doesnt!)

Seeing a young girl charged for coolant on a GS500 service,

The list go's on and on, Im sure there are some top folk
working in the bike trade, Morry and Ben spring to mind,
but they are far out numbered by lieing, retarded, smartarse f#ckwits!

Cruisecontrol
15-08-2012, 04:24 PM

lol

I laughed at that too.

Cunt.

Yes, it is a Honda. I now have three. Yes, I am ashamed of myself...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/IMAG0289sml.jpg

El_Hefty
15-08-2012, 04:28 PM
hmmphh that looks ok

3 'ondas? that include the gubment sponsored recreational vehicle? or you hiding another?

Weaselman
15-08-2012, 06:59 PM
I had a VTR 1000 too!!

Only lasted 4 days before I sold it

hooligan
15-08-2012, 07:03 PM
oh god.
Does that mean that dan's about to buy a harley?

JackTar
15-08-2012, 08:24 PM
oh god.
Does that mean that dan's about to buy a harley?

lol

Weaselman
17-08-2012, 06:23 AM
Yes...

Nudie
17-08-2012, 06:52 PM
I had a VTR 1000 too!!

Only lasted 4 days before I sold it

hmmm, i've had mine for 6 years. I must be a bit slow

or not

dunno