PDA

View Full Version : the great australian dobber?

moog
03-12-2007, 07:40 AM
on the M1 this morning going north at about 6:30 at about Coomera, i came up behind a silver car (falcon or commodore or summut), i was doing about 150k's, he was doing about 140, he pulled in to let me by, so i put up my hand to say thanks, ( as i always do), as i went by, i noticed he was holding a digital camera up on top of his steering wheel, ready to take a picture, call me paranoid, but i don't think he's a sight see'er,if the cops were to take any notice of someone like that, surely that would be considered driving without due care, same as using a mobile, and correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it illegal to take video of traffic?
If i spot him again, i'll make a note of his rego..[}:)]

fimpBIKES
03-12-2007, 08:28 AM
i would take note of his numberplate and notify that "terror hotline" or whatever it is

actually, no
i would have pulled him over and had words
he might be getting a pic of your plates cos he liked your bike (and maybe wants to "borrow" it one night when u arent looking!)

LKC73
03-12-2007, 08:21 PM
There was a story on today tonight a few months back about some guy in brizzy doing wheelies in traffic!
This guy showed the cops a video on he's phone with a bike doing a wheelie! But what the real story was this guy got busted useing a "mobile device while driving" but turned it around so he could get off. He was filming he's mate going past on the back wheel! LOL

ozkat
03-12-2007, 08:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by moog

If i spot him again, i'll make a note of his rego..[}:)]
If you spot him again take his drivers side mirror off [}:)]

WATEVR
03-12-2007, 09:03 PM
very dodgey mate especially with the hoon driving shit and all it takes is a rego and a complaint and you can looose your vehicle!! and if losing it isnt bad enough the court fees and the $800 fine and best of all the towing fee to boot! be careful be very careful...

zx12argh
04-12-2007, 12:44 PM
^^^ Not to mention they take no responsibility for any damage incurred while towing. They could push your bike off the back and you couldn't touch them...

Learnatic
04-12-2007, 04:26 PM
He cant prove the speed you were doing unless photo included his own speedo and if he shows that then he just gave himself up for doing 140 and playing with a camera while driving unless he was a plain car cop but then he would have just booked you on the spot.Weird.

traviss
05-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Maybe he thought you could claim speed camera revenue if he sold it to the government lol.