PDA

View Full Version : WANTED 94 Cbr900rr ICM, coils, fuel pump.

BOBBY
04-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has these bits lying around or knows of any floating about???

Basically the bike won't run. I've got a reg/rec on the way but I've basically ruled that out as the cause of my misfiring and total lack of running now.

Kinda spewing I've only ridden the bike 3 or 4 times now it's sitting in the shed with a sad face.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Rob

nick76
05-08-2012, 04:35 PM
I never had a problem with her while i owned it.
It was a daily rider before me,and i got out on it as often as i could during my own short ownership.
Could the fuel of gone all gummy in the fuel pump sitting around for months on end?
Sounds like the bloke you bought it off didnt ride it much?

BOBBY
05-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Dunno man. It ran fine the few times I rode it then developed a bad misfire that went away after I let the bike cool down.
Carbs will be off this week and cleaned and hopefully I can find a few bits to troubleshoot with.
I've bypassed the pump and have it setup as a gravity feed which apparently works fine.

I initially thought it would be the reg/rec as the dash turned off on me while riding just before the misfire started.
But the bike started and ran perfect after it cooled down.
The reg/rec was extremely hot and that hinged plate that has the cdi on the other side was cooking too.

Hopefully I get it sorted. I bought it to ride the wheels off it not hold my garage floor down.

BOBBY
17-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Sorted
Got a cdi and it runs like a new one.

nick76
17-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Good to hear bobby.
Just keep an eye on the reg/rec tho......it's a bit tight under the seat,and it may get abit hot under there......i never had a problem with it,but apparently honda ones are meant to be alittle delicate if they get abit hot.
I was gonna mount it to the oustide of the subframe enclosure that holds all the wiring if i needed to.....but i didnt need too in the time i owned it.

BOBBY
19-08-2012, 10:53 AM
It's been moved to the outside inbetween the shock and subframe.
A little hot... Coulda cooked an egg on it haha! I honestly believe. It burnt out the cdi.
Never mind it's sorted and now I can ride :)