PDA

View Full Version : gold coast electricians?

Tom Calleja
04-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Hey guys,

does anyone know any decent auto sparkies that do motorcycle work too?
I've got an xt600 and trying to get a headlight assembly and a switch assembly installed
One of my friends said he's be able to "do it" be he ended up making a mess of things and barely anything works!
So if anyone knows a decent shop/person around the gold coast that can help me out, i'd be very grateful :)

I can supply schematics and wire colour codes if needed too :)

Tim
05-08-2012, 02:16 AM
Buy yourself a soldering iron, solder, shrink wrap a cheap multi metre a 6 pack of beer and figure it out.

break it down, so that your working it out in sections(ie get power to the switch first, then to the lights, indicators, etc, etc)

I'd do it for you but your on the other side of the country!

Tom Calleja
05-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Haha, I would go and try to do it myself, but i just don't have the time at the moment for it =/
I would rather just leave it at a shop and get it done, but i would get the six pack of beer anyway :P

EVLZX
05-08-2012, 07:03 PM
I think you really need to run the lights through a relay

Tim
05-08-2012, 08:57 PM
i was under the impression he was planning on using the stock wiring loom. just a new switch(different plug maybe?) and aftermarket headlight(as in his ride thread) not building a new section of loom. if thats the case just use the stock loom as a guide.

Tom Calleja
05-08-2012, 09:14 PM
I don't know on how my mate was planning on running it, all i know is now a lot of the wires are hacked and slashed
I would've preffered to look at it myself in the first place, but now i don't even want to touch it haha
I guess it was an error in judgement on my part, next time i'll wait until my day off work and check it out myself!

Tom Calleja
06-08-2012, 02:22 AM
I had a look at what's going on with it all and found the issues:
Tail light won't come on at all, but is full functional with brake lighting
Right indicator will work when the whole wiring cluster under the speedo is in a certain position
left indicator doesn't work at all (he said at one point the left indicator lit up and kept a solid light, then turned off and wouldn't work after that)
The headlights seem to work, but on the dash the "high beam" light stays on
Seems like a bit to adhere to for my time i guess =/

Gix11
06-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Sounds like it's all good and you just need to look for loose connections and broken wires. Just follow it through and check it.

Tom Calleja
06-08-2012, 05:52 PM
These electronics will be the death of me!