PDA

View Full Version : GSX-R bits and riding gear

hungrywolf
29-07-2012, 12:14 AM
I have just quit my job in Wollongong, and I am about to move back to my hometown of Brisbane. I have a bunch of parts that I don't necessarily need to hold onto.

Parts to Suit 1985 GSX-R 750f
Rear Shock (with wrench) – I bought this shock second hand but have never used it. Excellent condition.

Asking $300

Radiator – Was told this suits a 1985 GSX-R 750, however it is much smaller than the one currently on my bike. This might be for a watercooled model? Not sure. In any case, it's in excellent condition.
Asking $100
Mikuni carbs 34mm(engine side) (Kitted) and pod filters – I've had these a couple of years and never used. I was advised when I picked them up that they had only been on a bike for a very short period of time after being kitted. The bike was then parted out.
Asking $250
Petrol Tank – no dents. Original paint is faded and there is some rust inside. Good condition.
Asking $120 (SOLD)
Top Fairing – Was fully restored to as good as new condition, but has been subsequently dropped. One side will need to be plastic welded before it can be used, and it would be worth replacing the screen.
Asking $100
Belly Pan Fairing – Aftermarket fibreglass piece. Was the only non-original part on my bike when I initially bought it. Has also been dropped, please see pics for damage.
Asking $40 (SOLD)
DriRider Pants Size S – Excellent condition. Too small for me.
Asking $40
DriRider Jacket Size M - Removable winter lining. Some marks and fraying etc as per pics. Worn/Used condition, but still fully functional.
Asking $40

Happy to provide more photos if required or larger versions of these photos. I have a stack more parts of this bike that I will try to get around to throwing up here if I get the time, such as clip on handlebars, the rest of the fairing, a rear wheel with good tire, mirrors, seat, original coils etc etc.

I am also trying to get rid of my 1992 Skyline GT-R (Godzilla) if anyone is interested, as well as some high end car audio gear, and a mountain bike. Hope you're all having a good weekend.

Thanks

Izaac

bluedrags
29-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Hi izaac interested in belly pan I live in Albion park so I might see you around the traps somewhere.
How's your build going?.

sharky
29-07-2012, 08:43 AM
What size are the carbies mate ??

ALBI
29-07-2012, 09:18 AM
i think you will find that the radiator is an oil cooler mate !!

Supercharger_Mark
29-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Hi Hungrywolf. I'll take the tank. PM sent.

hungrywolf
29-07-2012, 11:11 AM
i think you will find that the radiator is an oil cooler mate !!

Thanks Albi. The fella I bought it off told me it was an oil cooler, but since I don't know shit and it looks different to mine I thought I'd call it a radiator. ;) The logic works for me. Hehe.

hungrywolf
29-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Hi team. These are original carbies to fit an 1985 GSX-R 750. So Carbies are 34mm (internal diameter) on the engine side. Thanks.

hungrywolf
29-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Hey Bluedrags. The build is going slowly. It's been more than two years since I pulled all the fairing off it, and got myself in too deep. Had just re-cut and soldered all the wiring and had it started again, with a new acewell dash. Took it for a ride, and quickly found out that my wiring was shorting against my spark plug leads. I have rigged up a bit of a barrier, which has worked, but now I can't get it started for some reason. Not sure what the issue is, but it is not firing. It wants to, but its just not happening. I think I might dump the petrol and put some fresh stuff in and see how that goes.

bluedrags
29-07-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm at the stage of building subframe but not sure which cowling to use and how to do it.
Hope you get your problem sorted nothing worse I bet its something simple.

hungrywolf
29-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Mark. Tank is yours. I'm hoping to be passing through the Goldy on 11th or 12th of August. Hopefully I can drop it off to you then if that suits. I tried PM'ing you, but don't think my message was getting through.

Supercharger_Mark
29-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Hi Izaac, SMS or ring me (I PM'ed you my phone No) before you come through, and I'll meet you at exit 89 tallebudgera Creek Rd Exit, just off the Hiway, then an eazy stright back on again.

geesexar
30-07-2012, 06:14 AM
gday mate would you to sell the pod filters seperatly from the carbs? How much

hungrywolf
01-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Hi Geesexar

I'd prefer to sell them together. Had some interest, but if they are not gone soon I'll let you know.

DCRacing, did you get my pm?

geesexar
01-08-2012, 07:53 PM
no sweat mate

DCRacing
02-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Sorry, got so much bouncing around i am not sure where i am at............ shouldn't work for myself to earn a living obviously as i have no spare time........ sorry ranting,

Got your PM, they are a bit small for what i am chasing i was hoping for a 36 or 38mm set, need them for one of the race bikes i don't use.
Thanks anyway, sorry for the stuff around.

Grubb 7-11
02-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Hi Hungrywolf,

PM sent.