PDA

View Full Version : Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!! help

NakedTurboBusa
28-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Hi boys,

I hope one of you drag boys can help... Finally got my bike together after the chain breaking episode..... ( 260-270 kph, 10 psi boost, bang, no drive, thought 6th gear gone, attempted down shift, no good, chain broke,got caught in billet sprocket cover and tail section, I did not die!!!!!!!!! lucky. As I was slowing to a stop, a reasonable policeman got around me....................... lost licence blah blah...........) 150+ kph...

Drive train affected damage was front sprocket teeth and chain.... ( so I thought)

After de-raking front end and did head gasket, I put her together and fired her up..... started first go, NICE..... Then cant find 1st from neutral and only can find second only...... There is no abnormal noise in that gear ( 2nd) or neutral

Any ideas apart from the obvious gear box rebuilt........ I would like to have some idea before pulling engine out again....

Diagnois, please advise?

Pete

PLEASE DONT SPELL CHECK ME>

chadams
28-11-2007, 10:16 PM
try bent output shaft..... bit of a bugger if it is... good luck pete.

Booster
29-11-2007, 08:17 AM
First doesn't go usually , but output shafts do bend rotate the rear wheel and look for tight/loose chain as it rotates.
Is the clutch operating properly , ie: no air
is the shifter operating properly and not restricted in its range , bent shaft etc

NakedTurboBusa
01-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Cheers,

will begin next week... collar bone should be sweet by then...

the good book says, 'take engine out'....... no big deal just time.

Pete