PDA

View Full Version : Air Fuel meter?

xa-mont
12-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Has anyone got an air fuel gauge and wideband o2 sensor that i could lend for a while?

I got my car tuned today but the cunts were useless and didn't know how to change the cruise/WOT fueling on my mixer (even though i specifically asked them if they knew how to tune them before i booked it in) so i'm just going to do it myself, and if i didn't have to buy the stuff it would be better on my wallet. (I'll just make a weld in bung at work)

Happy to pay in beers and other things... or maybe i could turn some stuff up for someone?

Cheers,
Trav

ALBI
12-07-2012, 06:21 PM
by saying wot on mixer ,you meaning lpg mixer then???

oh and dont you meen "borrow" lol
as someone will LEND it to you

xa-mont
12-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Yeah lpg mixer. That's why i had to ask specifically because I'm using a less common one that many people don't know... apparently these people didn't know ...

Lend, borrow, same shit

Redmohawk
12-07-2012, 08:52 PM
If your not getting to fancy you dont need a wide band for lpg Just pick up a second hand sensor from the wreckers and pop a bung in , buy a metre from crapncheap or repco etc for about $50 and your away. Easy to wire up, use a ford 4 wire cost you about $40 brand new last time I got one. Has a heater built in for fast warm up one wire goes to gauge pritty simple . Just leave gauge in car full time.

Ideal LPG mix is a little leaner than 14.7 to 1 but close enough for a manually operated mixer without electronic regulation. And tune wot for rich on the narrow band is fine , done heaps that way with a power run on the road for "Feel" to make sure there isnt a few more poneys under the bonnet.