PDA

View Full Version : Gsr1300

Pages : 1 [2] 3

RevHead
30-09-2012, 08:20 PM
heres my overflow bottle stu made small to tuck away
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/561695_3631312153607_1153807174_n.jpg

xa-mont
30-09-2012, 08:49 PM
now that's a pete photo :P

RevHead
30-09-2012, 08:52 PM
now that's a pete photo :P

well it was dark ,il post a better one tomorrow

RevHead
01-10-2012, 09:48 AM
a better picci
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/528507_3633710893574_509200969_n.jpg

Fish
01-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Nice Pete, looks great.

RevHead
01-10-2012, 12:16 PM
thanks fish ,hey stu if you want one il make you one $ 20 for the brass and stainless

StuNVA
01-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Your a week too late Pete or I would have been all over that like a fat kid on cup cake........... but for $20 I'll have one anyway.... PM me you details and I'll drop some cash in your bank.

I mounted the GoPro up today and took the bike for a ride to make sure the mounts were in good spots. Should get heaps of good footage on the way to Phillip Island in a couple of weeks.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/BusaBuild/Bike011012.jpg

RevHead
01-10-2012, 09:26 PM
il make it 1st for ya bro.

aphexgrin
09-10-2012, 10:35 AM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/BusaBuild/RHSide.jpg
Gave it a wipe over on the weekend, probably the cleanest it will ever be so took a pic.

I will locate the coolant bottle to beside the oil filter using a 100mm x 90mm aluminium cylinder, should look like the other engine covers when complete.

..exhaust looks like a drainpipe mate! Get it shortened ffs! :)

aphexgrin
09-10-2012, 10:42 AM
..ride through Texas and leave your fumes in Louisiana ...<<<....>>>

StuNVA
09-10-2012, 08:20 PM
As funds permit, a smaller carbon can will replace the Muzzy.

StuNVA
14-10-2012, 06:54 PM
New chain and sprocket today, down one on the front. I can't believe how much this improved the bike around town. Went for a quick squirt to Tambar Springs, about 150k round trip, the bike also feels good on the highway. I think it's ready for the trip to Phillip Island....

StuNVA
14-10-2012, 06:55 PM
It's got a bit of a buzz in the bars at 115kmph, it goes out about 10ks either side so probably not an issue.

RevHead
14-10-2012, 07:29 PM
As funds permit, a smaller carbon can will replace the Muzzy.

dont change the can Stu jusTshorten the connecting pipe ,cutting down the muffler losses you all your torque,and just makesit rev and go no were,ive experimented with this already on my busa,

Redmohawk
14-10-2012, 08:59 PM
It's got a bit of a buzz in the bars at 115kmph, it goes out about 10ks either side so probably not an issue.

Add a little weight to the bar ends and it will drop in freq (lower road speed)

StuNVA
16-10-2012, 04:18 PM
It'll try some heavier bar ends, the ones off it were heaps heavier than the ones I put back on. It's got hard grips too, they might get replaced by some of the squishy, spongy ones too.

Redmohawk
16-10-2012, 05:34 PM
A length of lead flashing rolled up into a cylinder shoved into your bars with some wood dowel stuffed up its guts then plug the whole thing with the bar ends you like will sort it good n proper.

RevHead
16-10-2012, 05:41 PM
my bus is fine no wobbles ,just a little bit of flexing through my flat bars,

madtrucker
16-10-2012, 06:16 PM
i will agree with y'all the busa's are ugly as fuck but why not just get a B-king wich has a slightly detuned busa powerplant and allready in streetfighter form out of the box. Just saying since i own a B-King and all i plan to do mod wise is change the tail to a k7 and do a tail tidy and relocate the pipes to the right side with a shorty like on the new gsxr's and i did install frame sliders and oberon oval weighted bar end mirrors.

oh and in stock for with the yoshimura dual pipes my B-King puts out 162rwhp and i was told if i install a power commander and a k&n air filter i can do slightly better. But that will be for next year to do since its getting close to storing away the bike for the winter here in ottawa,ontario,canada.

Yella
16-10-2012, 06:22 PM
i will agree with y'all the busa's are ugly as fuck but why not just get a B-king wich has a slightly detuned busa powerplant and allready in streetfighter form out of the box. Just saying since i own a B-King and all i plan to do mod wise is change the tail to a k7 and do a tail tidy and relocate the pipes to the right side with a shorty like on the new gsxr's and i did install frame sliders and oberon oval weighted bar end mirrors.

1 =Detuned power plant
2= No such thing as streetfighter form out of the box
3= Half the fun is modding

madtrucker
16-10-2012, 06:44 PM
yes half the fun is modding but i'm too old for this shit. i might do it to my '96 cbr600 since the fairings are totally fucked but i am content with my B-king minus the little changes i plan to make to the tail and tail pipes.

TonyOW31
16-10-2012, 06:44 PM

oh and in stock for with the yoshimura dual pipes my B-King puts out 162rwhp and i was told if i install a power commander and a k&n air filter i can do slightly better. But that will be for next year to do since its getting close to storing away the bike for the winter here in ottawa,ontario,canada.

I think you just posted on the wrong forum mate:p

EVLZX
16-10-2012, 07:03 PM
People generally start off by posting a introduction here http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?39-Welcome-To-The-Madness before jumping head first.

Tony Nitrous
16-10-2012, 07:11 PM
i will agree with y'all the busa's are ugly as fuck but why not just get a B-king wich has a slightly detuned busa powerplant and allready in streetfighter form out of the box. Just saying since i own a B-King .

Busa's are Ugly coming from a B-King owner ? F#ck me !!!

B-King is NOT in "streetfighter form" its just another mass produced factory naked.

B-King's are NOT detuned. Engine is 100% pure Busa.
They make a little less due to ECU, Exhuast and air intake.

B-King is longer.

B-King is heavier.

B-King has a stupid 16.5ltr tank.

B-King has piss poor leg room.

B-King is awful for pillions.

A naked Busa is a streetfighter and apart from the Gen1's useless
6-pots it betters a King at everything. The 3 or 4 hp difference is
not noticeable.

B-King's a fun production bike if you can live with the looks
and want a big unfaired bike out of the box. A streetfighter it 'aint !

Tony Nitrous
(B-King owner for 5 years)
(Naked Hayabusa owner for 6)

xa-mont
16-10-2012, 07:13 PM
hammer - nail - head

RevHead
16-10-2012, 07:14 PM

nah i like to mod my bikes ,the busa for me,lol

madtrucker
16-10-2012, 07:25 PM
you are correct mates i just needed to add my 2cents no harm done and no hard feelings. and yes for me i like my b-king in comparison to me going from a carburated 600cbr to this and the fact that i'm not a stunt driver or risk taker other than the occasional 280kmph speed run down a long country road. I admire the craftmenship involved in your bikes but choose to remain a spectator at this point and time

Tony Nitrous
16-10-2012, 08:58 PM
and i was told if i install a power commander and a k&n air filter i can do slightly better.

Not many B-King owners fitting power commanders, some are even removing them.
The standard ECU can be flashed/re-mapped and it has many options that are far
beyond what a powercommander can do.
http://www.woolichracing.com/

madtrucker
17-10-2012, 02:36 AM
good to know. I've only had the bike for a year i'm the second owner and the previous owner installed the duel yoshi's in cf trim and when i down ship to slow down it pops like if i had unspent fuel in the exhaust. I was told to install a power commander since the back pressure was changed with the yoshi's

I will have a look at the site you mentiond .

RevHead
17-10-2012, 07:31 AM
good to know. I've only had the bike for a year i'm the second owner and the previous owner installed the duel yoshi's in cf trim and when i down ship to slow down it pops like if i had unspent fuel in the exhaust. I was told to install a power commander since the back pressure was changed with the yoshi's

I will have a look at the site you mentiond .

mine does the same ,blows flames out the back when i back off ,it doenst bother me,
and its running a yoshi can full length

Tony Nitrous
17-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Open can's are normaly too bad on a B-King, no real gain's on
a King other than looks and weight, the EXUP type valve and
cat seem to mean that the end can's arent a major restriction.
Stock King end can is ugly but flow's OK.

If I had a issue with popping/banging on the over-run i'd be
looking at removing and blanking the P.A.I.R immission crap.

Tony Nitrous
17-10-2012, 07:42 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img716/8111/hijacked.png

StuNVA
17-10-2012, 04:08 PM
my bus is fine no wobbles ,just a little bit of flexing through my flat bars,

I have no steering damper and it doesn't need one Pete, I've had no headshakes, even doing stupid shit, if your suspension is setup right they tell me you can get away without a steering damper. When Tony said not to worry about one I was skeptical but its never had an issue, even at the drags.
I rode the Tuono the other day for the first time in ages and the steering felt really heavy around town, then I realised it's probably just the difference between damper and no damper.

Someone told me you can squeeze a tube of silastic down the bars and that stops the buzz too ??

Busa Streefighter V BKing............. seriously mate..............you been out in the Candian cold too long fella.

madtrucker
17-10-2012, 04:17 PM
yes in deed i'm actually looking for work oversea's in the oil and gas biz to get my ass out of the cold and if it proves to be lucrative i might build a bike wyle i'm down under. i'm allso waiting to hear back from the american millitary about a job posting in kuwait fuck anything to get out of this bloody cold commin this way real soon. my bike will be soon in storage and out of site for t'il may.

RevHead
17-10-2012, 04:56 PM
i too run no steering dampner Stu ,doesnt bother me.

madtrucker
17-10-2012, 05:06 PM
i never had a bike with out a damper and the b-king had one on it when i got it.But as the weather gets much cooler here in canada i can feel the steering getting heavyer at low speeds

Tony Nitrous
17-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Both my faired Busa's ran dampers. I left them on.
Running wide Renthals gives me better leverage on the bar's,
had a few little shakes but very controllable.

I'd like to either try raising the back a little on the Busa
(with the linkage) or maybe a shorter arm (tried a 600
but wasnt happy). Maybe then the damper might return ?

StuNVA
24-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Officer: Did you cut these big holes in the frame ?

Me: Um..... no..... they are what's under the plastic.......................geez mate.

Having fun in VIC but only have 3 points left to make it to Phillip Island and back to Gunnedah.... doh,...

xa-mont
24-10-2012, 09:49 PM
then again... you have the once fastest road bike in existance... and the hume is pretty straight, so you could just outrun them on the way home.

StuNVA
30-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Made it home, licence intact....... lots of bikes heading back from the Island made useful radar chaff.

Problems: Fueling issues around 100 - 110kmphr, will tell the guy who dyno'd it he owes me a free one. Lower octane fuel seemed to help the issue, it was worst with 98 octane ????
Low beam stopped working..... meh
Punched my finger through the toggle switch for the motogadget dash, I was checking how far I had to go before I had to fuel up, hit a bump and pushed the switch in half.
Other than that the old girl didn't miss a beat in the 3000+k's over the last week, I'm very happy with it.

I did manage to scratch the fuck out of the tank, pour petrol on it, chip it, fuck every time I went near it I fucked it up in one way or another..... the acrylic paint really is shit but whilst riding I figured out what colour to paint it. I'm going to go with the green of the new ZX14 at the front and gradually darken it as it goes back over the bike so by the time it gets to the back seat it will be black with a red tint.

The Hume.........spent the most boring two hours of the whole week dodging road kill on the Hume last Wednesday morning, avoided it as best I could on the way home. And another boring ride, Bairnsdale to .......well anywhere other than up the hill.....and the wind the other day, fark me, I saw a tree about 1mtr in Diametre laying over a pwoer line near Sale.

Redmohawk
30-10-2012, 07:57 PM
What fuel was in it when you got it dynoed ?

RevHead
30-10-2012, 08:22 PM
i got rid of my fuel as i think they sold me half a fuckin tank of water ,and im running 98 and irridium plugs and its still playing up ,blowing flames out of the pipe,and under 80ks is running rough as

EVLZX
30-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Hope ya didn't fill up with woolies or coles.

RevHead
30-10-2012, 09:55 PM
caltex

BANDITROD
31-10-2012, 01:34 AM
sounds to me like you guys need to get your injectors cleaned it is a prob Pab13 had with his Busa quite a bit from dodgy fuel i always use Bp ultimate in my bikes caltex fuel is fucking shit IMO

EVLZX
31-10-2012, 02:27 AM
I use Mobil 95 or 98 cos there's no BP here, so it's either the mobil servo or the independant that sells mobil fuel

StuNVA
31-10-2012, 05:14 PM
What fuel was in it when you got it dynoed ?

BP Ulimate, it's what I've always used.

I ran some injector cleaner through it at one stop but it didn't seem to make much difference. I'm thinking a new set of plugs, clean the injectors and if that doesn't fix it back to the dyno.

StuNVA
31-10-2012, 06:50 PM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/MyHothamGoPro5snowman.png

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/MtPanorama.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/CopTooma.png

xa-mont
31-10-2012, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=StuNVA;372793]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/MyHothamGoPro5snowman.png

that's 236 yeah? :P

That road is pretty cool in summer.

StuNVA
31-10-2012, 07:32 PM
That road was pretty fucking orsm. I thought I had the GoPro on from Harrietville but I fucked it up and only taped a bit across the top.

I really enjoyed the bit along the creek further down from Omeo to.....some servo.... I was shy on points by then and wasn't keen on getting booked again so I sat on 105.... through everything had a hoot.

Fuck it was hot at Bairnsdale, it must have been 35c, but by the time we got to the Island we were back in full winter gear, you cunts have got some crazy weather down there, froze, cooked, blown away, froze and drowned all in the one day. Lucky we had bourbon to make us forget.

xa-mont
31-10-2012, 07:59 PM
omeo to ensay i'm guessing... just a servo on the left hand side?

Once my bikes back together that's going to be my once a week weekday ride i think. up to ensay and back.

BANDITROD
31-10-2012, 10:44 PM
those roads are magic i rode them a few years back with mishdog

Large
01-11-2012, 01:22 PM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/CopTooma.png

I know of 2 blokes that got done for 139 and 143 in the same spot

StuNVA
01-11-2012, 03:12 PM
It'd be easy Large, I was following Steve and he's pretty conservative, I imagine if I was leading I would have blew past the GS a couple of corners back and just nailed it down that straight....... right up shit creek.

XAMont yeah that'd be the road, looking at Google maps, Ensay, the sweepers along the creek leading up to there were great. There was about three or four stop lights for road works towards the Ensay end of it though without them it would have been biking heaven. Steve reckons he saw a metre long trout in the stream too, it was funny as Steve was telling me about it at a set of lights I looked in the review mirror and a guy about 10 bikes behind us had his hands apart telling his mate about the same fish. You're a lucky man to have that at your doorstep.

Booster
11-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Been bloody ages since i posted, ;)
check your fuel pump/filter before going back to the dyno, there real bad at choking the filter (not the pickup strainer)
then the pump has to push harder to get your 43 psi at the regulator , wears the pump out faster, usually by the time you realise there is a problem both the filter is realy blocked and the pump worn out
if you remove the fuel hose from the rail and direct it to a container
and ground the yellow/black wire in the fuel pump relay, then key on will run the fuel pump without it cycling off
you want 5cc/hp/min or more,
Also next time you cross the alpine way, turn just before Omeo, to Cassils, it parrallels the highway and also comes out at Ensay, just a quieter backroad , but with unmarked corners

A mate has a dry nos kit with flashed dynotuned ecu , 40 shot, home made 4 way head in the airbox, ran it for a while at Heathcote before going turbo
on nos map switching is all done in the ecu , let me know if your interested .

StuNVA
11-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks Booster, I'm interested in the NOS could you tell me if it's for the 16 bit or 32 bit ECU ? I've only got the old 16 bit ECU, I'm not sure what I need to do to upgrade to the 32 bit.....I'm starting to think I should have got a later model one already.

If we make it to the GP or SBK I'll look that road up.

The Dyno guy said he'd run it again for me, I'll get him to check the fuel pressure and pump when he does it, it shouldn't cost me anything for the dyno so if the fuel pump / filter work is charged to me it won't be too bad.

Booster
12-11-2012, 06:56 AM
I couldn't decide if it was an 01 or 02 , yeah the ecu is 32 bit, your wiring will plug in but you need the 24-1 pole rotor
Craig is the guy 0354484658, i dyno'd it here when he fitted it , loaded the flash and checked before and after nos,
dyno needed calibrating, it was soon after i brought it . as it read 180hp without nos and first alerted me it was reading high ,
i was expecting 170hp or so with his setup, but the 40 shot nos gave a 40hp increase just like it should

just be sure your dyno guy checks the flow as most just check pressure, which will read fine at idle
very easy to do it yourself , first as your going to pull the pump/filter out if its restricted and clean it , an our or so labour if your paying someone
i have one here i am about to fit in a bike, but will check first, i will take some pics and post the procedure to clean it out .

StuNVA
12-11-2012, 03:23 PM
That'd be great, the more work I do myself the more I can spend on the bike. If you see a GSXR or Gen2 front end about I'm looking for that too.

RevHead
12-11-2012, 05:54 PM
I couldn't decide if it was an 01 or 02 , yeah the ecu is 32 bit, your wiring will plug in but you need the 24-1 pole rotor
Craig is the guy 0354484658, i dyno'd it here when he fitted it , loaded the flash and checked before and after nos,
dyno needed calibrating, it was soon after i brought it . as it read 180hp without nos and first alerted me it was reading high ,
i was expecting 170hp or so with his setup, but the 40 shot nos gave a 40hp increase just like it should

just be sure your dyno guy checks the flow as most just check pressure, which will read fine at idle
very easy to do it yourself , first as your going to pull the pump/filter out if its restricted and clean it , an our or so labour if your paying someone
i have one here i am about to fit in a bike, but will check first, i will take some pics and post the procedure to clean it out .good stuff as my busa is running shit misfiring dropping cylinders ,then magically coming good, ive got my whole fuel system out at the moment

Booster
13-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Yeah i see on the AHC site, i'm Maj there
hope to get a chance to take the pics in the next few days, but my time is limited by work, doing 16 hr days atm

RevHead
02-12-2012, 06:52 PM
hey Stu buy 1 of these and cut it down. ive bought stuff from these guys ,there ok,the price is about 85 bucks ,
http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/suzuz/GSX13001999-05.htm

StuNVA
03-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Don't know about a mudguard but one of those lowered and narrowed fuel tanks would be sweet...... bit dear but.

RevHead
03-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Don't know about a mudguard but one of those lowered and narrowed fuel tanks would be sweet...... bit dear but.

they have some pretty cool stuff

StuNVA
24-03-2013, 06:53 PM
I haven't done much to the bike bar ride it lately but over the next 8 months I should get closer to finishing the suspension, brakes and cosmetics.

This was taken the other day at the drags, dirty and doing what I bought it to do, it's my drag bike tourer.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/Drags_zpsdbb6db5a.jpg

It was rough as guts so I splurged and got a new rear shock.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/Shock-1_zps7682a79c.jpg

It's not hitech but it works fine.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/4b35a4fa-27a1-462f-80e0-7f1717429943_zps2d08a1bf.jpg

Old one out.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/OldShock_zps397afc14.jpg

It's a shame to high something so pretty in under there.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/ElkaBottom_zpscc45768e.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/Elkatop_zps05dc2789.jpg

Found a way to hide my ugly muffler bracket.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/ShockRes_zps2d77e113.jpg

StuNVA
24-03-2013, 07:00 PM
While I was at it I ripped the old rear tire off and stuck a new Q2 on ready for AFR, thanks Mono, quick and the right price as usual.

I had to fix the light, sounds easy but in my stupidity I'd actually wired the speedo through a small hole in the light, now the terminals were too large to pull the speedo off the light, out came the side cutter and soldering iron.

Light fixed I thought I'd see what the speedo looked like on the bars.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/Speedo_zps9296aeaf.jpg
I only half liked it and after going for a ride I hated it, so I made up a new bracket and put it back where it was originally only now I can remove it and the headlight as individual units if needed.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/SpeedoBack_zps2597c71b.jpg

StuNVA
24-03-2013, 07:04 PM
I went for a quick ride about 50ks through some average roads (plenty of them around here) the rear shock is excellent, I pulled up once and adjusted the high and low speed compression and it just got better. It did increase the ride height about 10mm which I wasn't that happy about, I was enjoying the Busa being lower than the Tuono but now they are about the same.

Now for the front end and some decent mirrors and blinker.

StuNVA
04-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Finally ditched the mirrors and got some front blinkers.

The gear racked snapped while putting it on to go to AFR so that takes care of that eyesore too.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/Busa040413_zpsd417b149.jpg

StuNVA
14-04-2013, 07:05 PM
A quiet Sunday in the shed.
New front tire fitted, tuned the rear shock, handles much better now, holds a line well and doesn't want to push wide.

Fitted some LED idiot lights. I've been known to cover vast distances with a blinker on. I shouldn't miss these ones. They we much brighter in the shed than out on the road, very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT-NHSAz2Ko&amp;feature=youtu.be

Just waiting on the front end to arrive from the US now.
Bottom yoke, forks, axle, stem and bearings $432 landed, Findapart was closer to $750 and Australian Ebay closer to $1000.

Yella
14-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Definetly bright

xa-mont
14-04-2013, 08:37 PM
fuck I need some of those. I always forget when my indicators are on... well I used to when they worked :D

StuNVA
26-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Front end arrived.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/31036a79-ccdb-4e84-a471-236781cff6dc_zpsa50e1c53.jpg

StuNVA
27-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Spent the morning at Nerang test riding a couple of bikes Josh is looking at buying.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/848SFighter_zpsd0667fce.jpg

My views on the SF848............it sucks. No power, poor fueling, stiff throttle, handles poor, shitty switch blocks, over all very underwhelmed. Looks like sex on wheels, sounds good but would be better with a set of $2000 cans.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/B3800_zps0beb21db.jpg
This MV Augusta B3 800 was fucking awesome, this thing handles, has stupid power for an 800, beautiful fueling, I was sold, if Josh wasn't going to buy it I was. If you get a chance to throw a leg over one of these do it, it's one of the most fun bikes I've ever ridden.

After going for a ride we waited around for about an hour to talk to the salesman, Curtis at Moto Arena, Lawrence Drive, Nerang.

He had a look over the Gixer about 9am when we first got there, after talking the bike down for ten minutes I finally dragged a trade in value out of him, I won't tell you what it was, but what I will tell you is as soon as the words slipped out of his mouth, like duck shit rolling out of wood ducks arse with a dose of the trots, both Josh and I simply looked at each other and stood up, I told him we were so far apart I didn't think a deal would be reached today and turned around as we walked out as he kept rabbiting on about something I no longer had any interest in hearing.

The offer was simply that insulting to us.

Josh and I had talked about it and if the trade offer was under a certain number he would simply pay cash for the B3 and he'd sell the gixer privatey, but the bid from this "salesman" was that rediculously insulting that Josh (nor I) would even consider buying the bike there now, I tell you this guy's negotiation skills were pathetic.

If you want to know what the trade in offer was PM me. Keeping in mid these things are offered at $8 - $9k, we were realistic and would have taken something between $6 - $7 as a trade for the Brutale.http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/RHSide_zps412516a8.jpg
It's a bloody good bike with a few scratches. Once he told me the black ones are hard to sell because they show up the marks I thought things may have been heading downhill.

On the upside we rode a couple of bikes and now we know what Josh (and I ) would like to own, and it doesn't have Streetfighter in the name. My guess is he'll pick up a B3 off a NSW dealer next week and pay cash for it, so the gixer is still on the market if anyone is interested.

StuNVA
27-04-2013, 10:17 PM
On a brighter note all the bush's and shims turned up from Extreme Creations yesterday, so I can finished putting the GEN2 front end on, woohoo.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/Bits_zps214f1466.jpg

Can anyone tell me if rotors from a K7GSXR750 would fit a GEN2 Busa ?

StuNVA
28-04-2013, 04:25 PM
The old shocks and lower headlight mount.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/OldShocks_zpsd8f2ef3c.jpg

The headlight and speedo come away a lot easy now but I still would like to tidy up the wiring from under the tank to the headlight unit.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/Wiring_zpscd4b7a99.jpg

RH side fork installed.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/RHShock_zpsd69aece1.jpg

Two GEN2 forks in and looking good
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/NewForks_zps14511590.jpg

1.6mm Spacers for the rotors.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/Rotorspaces_zps9fad3640.jpg

This 12mm spacer was the biggest issue, its outside diameter was too large to fit inside the dust seal, once the seal was modified it was fine.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/AxleBush_zpsa2866041.jpg

Removing the caliper bushes with vice grips seemed to work well. The caliper spacers were a tight fit and just needed a tap in to seat down.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/CaliperSpacer_zps1d4a6da7.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/Caliper10mmSpacer_zps6fec877b.jpg

RH Caliper fitted. The LH side has a little more rubbing with the pads but less than the other setup.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/CaliperMounted_zps450b9fda.jpg

New light mount is much cleaner and looks a lot less "shed built", it still needs a few edges taken off it but that will wait.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/Light_zpsd82012af.jpg
I'm still not happy with it, maybe I'll drill and tap the lower clamp and tidy it right up.

StuNVA
28-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Took it for a quick ride, it's much better suspension but the brakes are no different, if anything they feel a little worse, still heaps better than the stock 6 pots but lacking initial bite. I have a radial master cylinder laying around I'll fit that up and see what the difference is, but then I'll have miss-matched reseviors and that'll look dicky.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/OutsideRH_zpsc37afcb9.jpg

Gitzy
29-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Iiiiiiiii did not return your phone call Stu because I'm a forgetful dickhead. My apologies Mate, you seem to have sorted any issues though. Looks the goods Mate.

StuNVA
29-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I was fucked if I could figure out the axle bush had a larger outside diametre than the inside diametre of the external dust seal on the RH side. Once the brain clicked into gear I modified the seal and thing spun freely. I will probably need to get a new seal and get the bush reduced a couple of mill in the long term though.

I'll no better than to call you next time............ or maybe if I had of sent you a MMS of some porn and then asked for some help you might have remembered, I'll try that tactic next time.

K6Thou
29-04-2013, 07:31 PM
I love this thing Stu, it's very subtle which is a nice change from some busa fighters I've seen. Nice work mate.

Gitzy
29-04-2013, 09:07 PM
lol bingo.

StuNVA
30-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Bking or Gixer Mudguard.......... I'm liking the BKing, can anyone tell me if it's a straight bolt on the GEN2 Busa fron end ?

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/Mudguards_zps0b0b6a4c.jpg

EXBEN
04-05-2013, 07:54 AM
Oh shit Stu I forgot the spacer has to fit in the dust seal, I'll send you a correct one on Monday.

ozzy1100
04-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Dont know how I havent been following this build but Nice work I like it

StuNVA
05-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Oh shit Stu I forgot the spacer has to fit in the dust seal, I'll send you a correct one on Monday.

Na don't worry about it, I'll get it sorted here and grab a new seal when I do, unless you have one laying around.

StuNVA
03-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Not much to update, new exhaust hanger, front mudguard and some electrical work around the dash, still not happy with the wiring but it will do for a while, ram air ducks are being made and then it's a coat of paint.

I'm thinking black at the front fading to a dark green but open to suggestions.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/SideFrontsmall_zpsf5e68b24.jpg

StuNVA
11-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Not much happening with the Busa lately, I've been waiting for the ram air cover to come before painting it.

Anyone got any thoughts on colour ?

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/RamAirCovers_zpsc83e6163.jpg

StuNVA
11-09-2013, 07:09 PM
The Tuono and DR are gone.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/duke100913_zps556bd922.jpg

nick76
11-09-2013, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=StuNVA;398101]Anyone got any thoughts on colour ?QUOTE]

Orange?? lol
I reckon it'll need more than just the one colour......two maybe three??
Black/Blue??

nick76
11-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Also,nice KTM........wish i hadn't sold my 690SM-R when i did.
Singles are under appreciated......they fly thru bends!!

Jinx
11-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Very nice. Had my 690SM for 4 years and still puts a smile on the dial every time I ride it.

MONO
11-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Not the Tuono you said you won't ever sell it !!

Jed
12-09-2013, 09:48 AM
Aren't they suppose to be ORANGE

nick76
12-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Aren't they suppose to be ORANGE
Yes...KTMs.........not Busa's!

StuNVA
12-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Not the Tuono you said you won't ever sell it !!

I spent too much on it making it close to the bike it should have been, it simply frustrated me in the end, someone will get a good buy and a great bike but I'd simply gotten sick of it...........and the Busa is a better bike for what I do, (Tourer / Drags) and the baby Duke will do everything else.

MattyDucati
12-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Is the KTM as much fun as it looks?

StuNVA
13-09-2013, 08:36 PM
It's a fucking hoot around town, I haven't gotten to the twisties with it yet, soon. I done some stupid, ham fisted, corners through town the other day and it just hung on, it didn't even feel like breaking out, I just giggled like a dipshit in my helmet.

K6Thou
13-09-2013, 08:50 PM
It's a fucking hoot around town, I haven't gotten to the twisties with it yet, soon. I done some stupid, ham fisted, corners through town the other day and it just hung on, it didn't even feel like breaking out, I just giggled like a dipshit in my helmet.This made me laugh mate, we need video dammit !

MONO
13-09-2013, 08:58 PM
I spent too much on it making it close to the bike it should have been, it simply frustrated me in the end, someone will get a good buy and a great bike but I'd simply gotten sick of it...........and the Busa is a better bike for what I do, (Tourer / Drags) and the baby Duke will do everything else.

I agree, hard to find just one bike to do all.

StuNVA
28-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Well I watched a couple of Youtube clips on spray painting and thought fuck it I'll have a crack it.
It's rough, but I learned a lot doing it.

The colour was supposed to be near black with just a hint of green.......it's fucking green as, so I'll be changing it to what I want when I get around to it again.

Pulling the plastics and tank off.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/BikeNaked_zps5c401f26.jpg

Plastic primer and filler primer on. I had a drama getting the primer through the spray gun so I found an old gun I had and it flowed through that much better.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/Primed_zpscd1258f9.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/Primed2_zpsbd2ad7e8.jpg

I kept using the old spray gun on the base coat, big mistake, it kind of fucked it up and by the time I figured it out and went back to the new gun I'd used a heap more base coat than I thought I should have. The paint is not thick enough in some places, it looks poxy.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/RamairGreen_zpsf04f1e9a.jpg

So as I'd made up my mind that the job had to be done again I decided to put it back together so I could ride it tomorrow.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/BikeGreen_zps24ea142d.jpg

StuNVA
28-09-2013, 07:07 PM
I left the front mudguard black, I think I'll paint it too on the next round.

Jed
30-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Looks OK Stu. Are you sure there's Black in there though? I think someone was having a lend of you.