PDA

View Full Version : Why Havent I Heard of this Joint??

Slingblade
15-07-2006, 12:50 AM
HOLY S**T, this place is streetfighter heaven!! And its in my backyard!! Hi all, just stumbled on this place. Thought i had better introduce myself. I live in Newcastle. I had a Speed Triple (which i loved)i sold just prior to getting married and now i have a 9 month old boy and another on the way. It goes without saying that i have no money now but i have managed to get myself a 96 blade that i am looking to convert as a couple of months with clip ons is killing me. I am open to any and all advice, so i can try to avoid a few of the pitfalls. I have a hard on for the Bladerod. I saw it in Two Wheels and almost went out to the shed and ripped the fairings off right then and there. I plan to do the chopped subframe as i cannot see how you could possibly make a blade look that mean for so little cost. I notice Boxer is a member on here so let me say up front, sorry mate, i hate ripping other peoples original ideas off but i guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Dont worry i intend to do it a little different.

So again, hello all and thanks for listening to my dribble.

PS hope to see some of you on the old road or around the traps. I will be the big lummox trying to squeeze himself on a blade.

fimpBIKES
15-07-2006, 09:52 AM
hi there
im in newy too,

as for doing it "differently" why not do it all in white instead of black
"BLADE-TROOPER"

nice eh? :D

anyways, if u want a hand ripping all the nasty fairyings off the blade get in contact

sluglie
15-07-2006, 10:06 AM
welcome to the assylum mate, i am sure you will enjoy the shock therapy and thorazine injections

BOHEMION
15-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Hey Mate welcome aboard! A few blokes here are from Newy. With ya Blade you should check out Stu's Blade mate, Very awesome

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1841&whichpage=1

15-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Yeah mate, if you haven't already done it check out the Honda page in the gallery (off home page). Gotta admit I'm a fan of Damo's Blade check out this thread
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=825

And if you need a hand removing the plastic I've got a really big hammer :D

15-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Hey nat,mundy here[}:)]I`m im newy as well[8D]I got two bikes one a gsxr fighter in blue;)The other is a yellow SB6:Ddrop into frasers & say ello,i`m in HD spares[8D]

Slingblade
15-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Hey thanks for the welcome fellas. It is nice to chat to some like minded people. When i lay out my game plan for the blade most of my mates look at me with a blank stare and say, why??. I figure if i gotta explain it..........

I saw that bad ass blade on the aus streetfighter site. Fantastic but way above my budget. But over time, who knows?. I figure i will do it bit by bit as money is tight with a new family. I figure i will get the parts i want together for the front end then rip the plastics off(of course) and then i can do the tail section when cash and time permits. I am just tossing up the parts i want. i have found some lights i like and i was thinking of a veypor as an easy fix for the instruments. Be a bit pricey up front but probabaly save me in the long run.

I might hit you guys up for some advice. Should i go for a full conversion kit for the bars like LSL or is it possible to doctor the existing top clamp? I guess the LSL would look better. Can i get taper bars on a roadbike? ie. one that will take bar weights. Any other suggestions feel free to enlighten me.

cheers

sluglie
15-07-2006, 01:25 PM
you can get lsl top clamps, but a bit pricey, you could try ABM top yoke conversion (i think stu on aus streetfighter is sellin em with a bit of a discount at the mo) or you could try vortex ones, both are billet alloy and look the dogs bollox.

as to the veypor, if you do get one, make sure you get the ally case as well or as a couple of people round here have found it isnt waterproof, but the ally case solves that problem (well it did for me)

other than that, have fun and enjoy the site

Razorback
15-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Welcome Nathan good to have you aboard.

I got a funny story about Speed triples. (sorta)

I took my bandit to the local Suzuki dealer last week and the guy who runs the shop looks out from the counter at it parked in the street and says, "ah speed triple huh, nice" I said, "not even close, try again" so he goes over to the window, stares for a bit and says, "buggered if I know then what is it" "its a Bandit Mr Suzuki Dealership owner" ROFL

Oh well for a second there my bike gained about $8K value LOL

BillyWhizz888
15-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Welcome, if you have no money, how will you afford the medical treatment thats required for your head after being on here for a while :D
not really...
good bunch of guys with plenty of wisdom...
[:p]
and speeding tickets[}:)]

Iceman
15-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Welcome aboard Nathan.

Slingblade
15-07-2006, 06:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Razorback

Welcome Nathan good to have you aboard.

I got a funny story about Speed triples. (sorta)

I took my bandit to the local Suzuki dealer last week and the guy who runs the shop looks out from the counter at it parked in the street and says, "ah speed triple huh, nice" I said, "not even close, try again" so he goes over to the window, stares for a bit and says, "buggered if I know then what is it" "its a Bandit Mr Suzuki Dealership owner" ROFL

Oh well for a second there my bike gained about $8K value LOL

You should have traded for a new gixxer 1 thou while you had the chance! Nice to see someone who knows their products inside out!!

I have been searching cyber space and have decided i will just drill the the existing top yoke and add some billet bar clamps. Cant swing 400 odd dollars for a new yoke kit. I will just black out the top clamp, as it is showing wear from years of keys etc., so it will tidy it up. All up it shouldnt be to costly, but they are famous last words i guess. The lights i like will bw the killer.

devo
15-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Yeah Yeah welcome aboard Nathan, Now where are those
Thorazine Injections.[?][:p]

fimpBIKES
15-07-2006, 11:26 PM
nathan, i bought some bar clamps off ebay
(i think from a yamaha raptor quad thingy)

then just drilled and put washer under to spread the load a bit
thats with pro-tapers etc

should get you into the flat-bar scene for under $250 (thats about 50 for clamps and 200 odd for bars, you could so it heaps cheaper with just regular steel flats)

Slingblade
15-07-2006, 11:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

nathan, i bought some bar clamps off ebay
(i think from a yamaha raptor quad thingy)

then just drilled and put washer under to spread the load a bit
thats with pro-tapers etc

should get you into the flat-bar scene for under $250 (thats about 50 for clamps and 200 odd for bars, you could so it heaps cheaper with just regular steel flats)

Thanks for the advice. I went and did a round of the bike shops today as the weather was so shit and the black Pro Taper Contours look shit hot. Bit of bling never hurt! I looked at various risers and most of them only have a single mount bolt that goes through the top yoke. I was worried about them turning on the top yoke. i thought two mount bolts would be more stable. I guess the bars keep them straight to a certain extent but i would rather be sure. are yours single or double bolt??

sluglie
16-07-2006, 12:22 AM
quote:should get you into the flat-bar scene for under $250 (thats about 50 for clamps and 200 odd for bars, you could so it heaps cheaper with just regular steel flats)

yeah, can get real nice renthal type for ~$50 or some steel flats for less than $50, (edited cause i realised you were in newy not melbourne doh)

fimpBIKES
16-07-2006, 12:26 AM
single bolt should be fine
if your bars allow the clamps to rotate then u would find u may have just run into a concrete barrier or something [xx(]

Slingblade
16-07-2006, 12:35 AM

single bolt should be fine
if your bars allow the clamps to rotate then u would find u may have just run into a concrete barrier or something [xx(]

HAHAHAHA. I guess the bars would be the least of my worries !

You said you were from Newy. Have you noticed the council in its wisdom has installed the "cheese cutter" steel rope divides on the bends just past Warner Bay on the Esplanade? noticed it the other day. Be nice to get knocked of by a soccer mum and land on those wouldnt it?!

Slingblade
16-07-2006, 12:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by sluglie

quote:should get you into the flat-bar scene for under $250 (thats about 50 for clamps and 200 odd for bars, you could so it heaps cheaper with just regular steel flats)

yeah, can get real nice renthal type for ~$50 or some steel flats for less than $50, (edited cause i realised you were in newy not melbourne doh)

Thanks anyway Sluglie

fimpBIKES
16-07-2006, 01:50 AM
those things are all over the place in newy now....

the great bends going the sawnsea way to the freeway (past rafferties resort etc) is one of the most stupid places i have ever seen em

or the road going along sandgate past the river
personally i would prefer to simply fly-off the road into the river than get ripped to shred,
im kind of whacky like that....

Slingblade
16-07-2006, 02:12 AM
speaking of roads. i did the dorrigo rd from just south of coffs to dorrigo a few weeks back. Unbeleivable road. 40k of bends up over the mountain. awesome. pity it was a bit damp on the way up.

I have found a light unit i like. I might get you guys to take a look and tell me if you like them or if anyone has them, what they are like. I want to get two units one mounted below the other for that two tier look. Tell me what you think.

http://asiapac.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/streetworks?productID=53&op=catalogue-product_info-null&prodCategoryID=25

fimpBIKES
16-07-2006, 02:18 AM
i have seen a pic of a v-max with those lights
2 of them stack on top of each other

looked very nice

Slingblade
16-07-2006, 02:31 AM
Bit pricey. But i think the lights are such a major feature of a fighter that i should not skimp. I guess i could get one and get another later. Not sure how much light they would put out.

Gix11
16-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Hey Nathan. Welcome aboard mate. Don't you worry mate, we all know the Dorrigo Road. It's part of the ride to the annual ASF April Fools Run. Check it out: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/ASF_fools-2006.asp

Slingblade
16-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Looks like a blast of a trip. I can imagine i would be well on the way to having the blade fightered by then. I reckon you could count me in!

The lights i want are now out of stock and are being removed from the catalogue........figures.

fimpBIKES
16-07-2006, 10:33 PM
look around some of the german sites mate
i have seen those lights at other places

Slingblade
17-07-2006, 07:05 AM

look around some of the german sites mate
i have seen those lights at other places

I have found a better alternative now anyway. I have snapped back into reality and i am going to keep things a bit more simple on my blade. I was looking into doing a chopped rear as i said earlier, but now i am going to keep the existing tail section. I am sourcing a nose fairing now instead of individual lights, as i want to keep the bike in proportion. The early blades have a whopping big tank and ducktail and i think if i keep the front end too bare it will look kinda weird. Its not like more modern R1's etc. that have real thin, sleek ass ends.So it wont look quite as radical(pity) but once i get it sprayed it should still look pretty beefy. Just like its owner! hahaha. Found a nice fairing but its pretty pricey at 500 before shipping!(gulp)

fimpBIKES
17-07-2006, 12:43 PM
got links?

i did contact streetworks once about that headlight, i think it had 2xH4 bulbs
so it should be pretty bright

in other news i was hunting around k-mart at waratah the other day
they have car foglamps that are similar with a blue-ish lens
bit of potential there, and cheap too!!

Slingblade
17-07-2006, 02:49 PM

got links?

i did contact streetworks once about that headlight, i think it had 2xH4 bulbs
so it should be pretty bright

in other news i was hunting around k-mart at waratah the other day
they have car foglamps that are similar with a blue-ish lens
bit of potential there, and cheap too!!

http://www.hesa-motorsport.de/shop/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/605

I wanted a stacked headlight and the shroud will give it some bulk. I like it as its a bit different. Just imagine the dark grey being black and the light grey being white. I want to keep the stock blade guard which has the white fork protectors running up the forks and then keep the sides of the new fairing white and continue with the two GT stripes down the length of the bike. that way it will have the twin stripes running from front guard to duck tail. Bit hard to explain but i hope it will look cool.

Black bike with GT stripes. Cant be too bad!!!

17-07-2006, 04:00 PM
There's a black Gix11 in a recent streetfighter mag with the twin GT stripes on it, looks fucking hot. I can post up the pics if you're interested.

Slingblade
17-07-2006, 04:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

There's a black Gix11 in a recent streetfighter mag with the twin GT stripes on it, looks fucking hot. I can post up the pics if you're interested.

Yeah that would be good.. I am lucky i guess. I am a eleco so the wiring should be ok and my uncle is a spraypainter, so i may get out of it relatively cheap.

fimpBIKES
17-07-2006, 08:46 PM
yeah, i like that light
should suit it well

chong
20-07-2006, 02:58 PM
welcome to the nut house
Dont listen to any of this bunch there all nuts
all of them fucken nuts
ok may be listn about how to make your bike go , stop, and handle
and may be a bit about how to make it look hot but dont listen to anything else Dont say you havent been warned!!!!!

We ride fairly often sundays out of newcastle
touch base with mundy @ frasers
SEE YOU ON THE ROAD
P.S

clairebear
20-07-2006, 03:17 PM
i'm not nuts, well, not fucken nuts anyhoo.

Slingblade
20-07-2006, 03:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by chong

welcome to the nut house
Dont listen to any of this bunch there all nuts
all of them fucken nuts
ok may be listn about how to make your bike go , stop, and handle
and may be a bit about how to make it look hot but dont listen to anything else Dont say you havent been warned!!!!!

We ride fairly often sundays out of newcastle
touch base with mundy @ frasers
SEE YOU ON THE ROAD
P.S

Cheers chong,

As soon as i finish the conversion and get back on the road, i will be there.

chong
21-07-2006, 03:00 PM
who told you that bear?????:D:D:D

Boxer
31-01-2007, 09:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by Slingblade

HOLY S**T, this place is streetfighter heaven!! And its in my backyard!! Hi all, just stumbled on this place. Thought i had better introduce myself. I live in Newcastle. I had a Speed Triple (which i loved)i sold just prior to getting married and now i have a 9 month old boy and another on the way. It goes without saying that i have no money now but i have managed to get myself a 96 blade that i am looking to convert as a couple of months with clip ons is killing me. I am open to any and all advice, so i can try to avoid a few of the pitfalls. I have a hard on for the Bladerod. I saw it in Two Wheels and almost went out to the shed and ripped the fairings off right then and there. I plan to do the chopped subframe as i cannot see how you could possibly make a blade look that mean for so little cost. I notice Boxer is a member on here so let me say up front, sorry mate, i hate ripping other peoples original ideas off but i guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Dont worry i intend to do it a little different.

So again, hello all and thanks for listening to my dribble.

PS hope to see some of you on the old road or around the traps. I will be the big lummox trying to squeeze himself on a blade.

Thanks mate!

Welcome to the forum

madmaxman1986
01-02-2007, 03:31 AM
[?]did i miss something? If you're new to the forum, why do you have 667 posts?

Large
01-02-2007, 03:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by madmaxman1986

[?]did i miss something? If you're new to the forum, why do you have 667 posts?

He was new when this thread was started...;)

Slingblade
01-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Phew, who has been digging up the mothballed topics!!

See how brighteyed and innocent i was? That was before you bastards had your way with me.

01-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Hmmmm come here little boy..............

:D