PDA

View Full Version : Power Commander Question.

Weaselman
10-07-2012, 06:58 PM
As you lot know I've got a 2012 Z1000 and fitted to that I've got a pair of yoshi carbon slip on mufflers.

NOW!
under the bike is a collector box which on the weekend I intend to lop off and replace with a 'Y' pipe.
I plan on buying a power commander 5 which contains a map for my bike with my mufflers.

My question is have any of you blokes really noticed a difference on your bikes with the maps they supply and do you think me lopping off the box will effect my fueling to much considering the Cat converter will remain and the o2 sensor is foward of it and not on the rear near the box.

Thanks much.

BANDITROD
10-07-2012, 07:26 PM
to gain full potential from a pc5 you are better off getting it dynoed i used the map suggested for my gixxer and fouled 2 plugs

Weaselman
10-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah? I thought stock EFI was set to run V lean

BANDITROD
10-07-2012, 07:47 PM
no shit mate.... i took it off cos i couldnt afford to get it tuned just yet

craig
10-07-2012, 08:08 PM
l don't know about mapping that comes with but l had ps lll dyno'd on monster n got 2 extra hp n 10 extra foot p t. l think someone with the same bike exhaust everything would get a differant result. lf you want to get the most out of it you need to go dyno.

Dynomutt
11-07-2012, 04:58 AM
The generic maps that are available for download are built using a number of bikes fitted with the same exhaust/filter combo, and mapped accordingly, an average is then taken off all the various values, which is then used as the generic downloadable map. Because of this some bikes will be almost spot on with the generic map and some my be slightly off, as all motors will vary even when fitted with the same exhaust/filter combo.
To get the best from your motor you really need a custom map creating for it, especially if you have changed your exhaust/filter arrangement outside of the usual parameters.

EVLZX
12-07-2012, 11:57 PM
this site was suggested to me, http://www.faic.cc/index1.html haven't tried it yet but I will be soon

EVLZX
01-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Tried him out pretty happy with how the bike runs, haven't got AT on yet so not sure what the AF is at but she seems happy, you can talk to him b4 you put any money down.
$50 is nothing when it comes to it and it's worlds better than the dynojet maps, also he's gives great instructions on various PCV functions and setup.