PDA

View Full Version : Club reg/plates

latheboy
03-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Seeing as lots of us have old bikes, has anyone got there's on a club plate?

You can ride 90 days in the year in Vic, you just gotta carry a log book.

I'm thinking about it cause it's cheap as bro and i can have 3 bikes club reg'd for the price of 1 normal reg.

Not really into the whole club thing, but turning up to a meeting or 2 a year is ok to me... that's if they want me back :)

Also requirements are a bit slacker for club reg than full reg if i understand the legal bullshit correctly.

So anyway, has anyone else looked into it?

ozzy1100
03-07-2012, 12:36 PM
been thinking about this as well, i used to know some with cars on it never seen with bikes
will be intrested how u go

Iceman
03-07-2012, 12:47 PM
I am a member of the VJMC, my plan is to club rego the Z and the katana, (when they get in working order).

You can have you bike scrutineered by a club official rather than getting a RWC.

latheboy
03-07-2012, 01:43 PM
I emailed VJMC and he said one of their rules is

"that all new members, obtain a normal roadworthy certificate for any bike they want to put on a Club Permit."

I can get a roady (i think) without stripping the turbo off...

I'm going to looking into it a bit more....

TurboKat
03-07-2012, 06:55 PM
You'd be really lucky to find any club that will sign off on it's roadworthyness Ivan, because of the fucking ridiculous cover-your-arse-so-we-can't-be-sued-in-the-1-in-a-million-chance-that-a-wheel-falls-off-&-you-crash-in-a-blazing-inferno-&-die-horribly mentality that has destroyed our society.
It's a piece of piss otherwise, join a Vicroads accredited club, get a RWC (maybe not so easy in your case), take the certificate to the club's nominated tech/eligibility officer, get it signed off, go to Vicroads with the paperwork & some ca$h & get your plate then wheelie off into the sunset making wizzz pssshhh noises.
I actually think you will be able to have 4 or 5 bikes on club plates for the same $$ as 1 normal rego.
Let's know how you go.

JimLTD
03-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Just a heads up, have heard that vicroads are goin to be changing the club reg regulations and that the number of days per year to use the vehicle will be dropping quite a bit (to about 30). Will try and confirm in the next coupla days n let you guys know.

latheboy
03-07-2012, 08:24 PM
I sent picks of the shitfighter to VJMC when i first asked them about it and they don't have a problem with the bike as is.

Just need a roady and a minimum attendance at club (PISS UPS WOO HOO) meetings.
Thats the hard part, cause once they know me i wont be asked back.

I'm gonna give it a crack and see if they really will let me join....

JimLTD..... I'm interested in knowing what you know, please tells us when you hear something.

yoda
04-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Ive looked into this a bit Ivan, its all pretty easy.
Local club up here has a scrutineer, get the bike checked and away you go.
Also, its not actually thay hard to be accredited as a club, i know a few guys up here that have done it.

nick76
05-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Also, its not actually thay hard to be accredited as a club, i know a few guys up here that have done it.
Why hasn't someone started an Old Skool Streetfighter Club??

Redmohawk
05-07-2012, 06:58 PM
I looked into the club deal a while back , no its not hard at all. BUT organising the other fuckers in the club events, meetings, fundrasers , money , insurances (yes several are needed unless your happy to pay out 20 mil if someone falls over at a meeting and cracks a verterbrae) is the real shit. If enough mad bastards get together it happens, its a full time job for 2 people to manage a club well enough to maintain it, let alone manage to find enough like minded people to turn up and do the shit stuff.

We have enough trouble getting a few people together for a ride let alone a club type thing. Asking here https://www.facebook.com/groups/112101625540151/ would get you an answer on where a streetfighter rider might get club reg. Keeping in mind clubs get very shitty if your just joining to reduce your rego cost , a minimum attendance would be 6 times a year for the two clubs I'm involved with. We meet once a month offically and a few shed meetings to discuss beer consumption etc.

latheboy
06-07-2012, 08:11 AM
When i ask VJMC i was straight up and said its for cheap reg and they seemed fine with that if i followed the rules of the club.

I sent a second email but haven't heard back yet.

I'm not on faceface so the link is no good to me.

Redmohawk
06-07-2012, 08:38 AM
I'll ask for you but I'd bet some of them are in VJMC .

Redmohawk
06-07-2012, 04:00 PM
A little info
Adam, The VJMC is for the tyre kickers, train spotters and coffee set al so Chris Dupen Netbikes is correct you will be on the outer if you don't have the owners manual under the seat Their are alredy 4 ASF members with Permit reg trough CCJMC by the way.
Food for thought.

latheboy
06-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks, i might get on Jens faceface and do some stalking.

latheboy
19-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Update on the club reg:

The shitfighter is as of today on a club plate :)

I got a 45 day log book as I don't think i'd ride that often anyway.
$70 for the reg and plate, normal reg was due, $550 ..... BAMM

I joined CCJMC last year and Peter (supreme overlord) hooked me up.
Big thanks to him.

There's a few homos from here in the club too.

hyofighter
19-03-2014, 04:02 PM
can asf start there own legitimate club oz wide and do our own club rego's ?

Redmohawk
20-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Nope club rego rules are for Vic only , and the cost is prohibitive.

fimpBIKES
21-03-2014, 11:24 AM
anyone in nsw do this? saw a duc riding around the other day on a historic plate, looking into it for the kat

slingy88
21-03-2014, 12:25 PM
So I take it, with qld being the worst nanny state of all, there's no club rego scenario here

xa-mont
21-03-2014, 04:15 PM
did you need an engineers report for the terboooooooo?

slingy88
21-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Mmmmm..........Next question please.
I have a friend that works in qld transport now so gonna to start going down the painfull track of trying to get it engineered

Redmohawk
22-03-2014, 08:57 AM
NSW has a club permit setup BUT its very limited , in vic you fill out the book and away you go just like rego. In NSW you have to be going on a designated club ride or a test etc, going to the shops is not acceptable.

In Vic the Permit system is club run , some need a roadworthy supplyed (club discression) CCJMC generally DO NOT , There are 2 club scrutineers in Melb and I'm about to be the 3rd for country Vic. All issues with club bikes on the road with the cops reflect on the club , so if your pulled over on a bike for roadworthy issues etc it refects badly on the club. To many strikes against the club and its "Club status" may come under review. Ie you fuck up we all loose. As far as engineering is concerned its also at club discression to an extent. Sensable mods would be fine , wild mods would require a engineering certificate.

Mr Hyosung
23-03-2014, 07:22 PM
I've got a GS850 on NSW club rego. $58 a year including your green slip. You have to be a member of a classic/historic club. The constitution of the club sets the rules for riding. We are allowed to ride to the nearest mechanics' workshop, on a tuning run (within 15k radius of home) and on club sanctioned events. Our club rego guys want our bikes to be as original as possible, but other rego officers might not be as particular. Our club has a run every Sunday and a couple of Wednesdays a month. There are quite a few clubs in Newy Fimp, it's just a matter of finding one that suits.
slingy88, there is a big club rego scene in Brisbane. Get a copy of Old Bike magazine and check out the listing in the back. Just Bikes has listings as well I think