PDA

View Full Version : repairing a repairable write off in qld before inspection?

rgv4play
24-06-2012, 04:35 PM
hey guys im looking at buying a repairable writoff bike in qld does anyone know if the bike has to repaired to original condition to get to get inspected or can i simply turn it into a nude bike by removing the fairings and fitting a headlight, indicaters and rearset. it is only cosmetic damage not structural. i will probably fix.it to stock once i have rego but as its an aprillia my funds dont allow me to repair to stock at the time being. thanks for any help

xa-mont
24-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Hey mate,

I did the same with an ape but in Vic... and i tried the non faired route but got knocked back because they want it to be in "pre-accident condition" this included colour as well.

What's the bike? apriliaforum is a good source for parts out of the states (i got some bits there for mine). If it's a 98-04 RSV i have a headlight/top fairing you could probably have for not a lot.

rgv4play
24-06-2012, 06:48 PM
nah its a dare i say it 2009 rs125 gp replica lol with the small amount of damage i may be able to plastic weld some bits in bog and paint it till i get some more cash to fix properly. cheers for the fast reply

xa-mont
24-06-2012, 09:13 PM
yeah just bodge it up until you put the husky 510 motor in it... right?

craig
24-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Dosen't mater what the bike looks like as long as you have a rwc with it when you go for inspection and a stat dec saying in detail what you did and reciets for parts. The bike dosen't get checked for roady, only for identity, so an under the table rwc is fine.
Good luck.