PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Yamaha R6 "Starting circuit cutoff relay"

Havocgtr
13-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Looking for anyone that may be wrecking a 1999 Yamaha R6 or maybe someone that owns one that i can borrow a relay out of for 5 mins the one i need is called a "Starting circuit cutoff relay" (im in Townsville QLD) (think mines stuffed but want to confirm before buying replacement)
Part#5EB-81950-00

Redmohawk
13-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Just short it out with a bridge link , a bit of thick wire with with spade plug eather end to bridge the main power conectors if it fires the its your relay. Just plug on end into the wire coming from the battery and the other goes into other large wire. (looking at the relay will most likely show you which wires to bridge.

kiwi kdx
14-06-2012, 08:42 AM
yeah what Red said, it most likley is, those units are a pain in the ass! i fuked with the electrics on my R6 for weeks
then swapped that unit out and it fired rite up!

if you cant hear the fuel pump when u turn the ignition on just replace it there only about $40
bucks at the wreackers. dont bother trying Yamaha, if you call them they cant find the relay....

Havocgtr
14-06-2012, 02:59 PM
its not a standard type of relay this one has 12 small pins on it the thing is i can hear the fuel pump but there is no spark i tested everything according to the service manual and the only thing that tested bad was the relay doesn't have continuity but as you said the fuel pump still run so im a bit puzzled

Redmohawk
14-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Test light , will find where power isnt when its ment to be ! Will prove or disprove if its fucked , there about $5 at most auto shops. And very handy for any electrical work on a bike or car.

kiwi kdx
17-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Have u checked you havent bumped ur run switch.......
That would be kinda funny.