PDA

View Full Version : I'm a dumb fuck sometimes !

Redmohawk
23-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Well egg on my face today , talk about the dumbest move green horn stupid fucking wanker shit ! Bought a ute the other week Holden vp 230k's on the clock lady driver , seemed like an honast bunch. Checked it over oil water etc etc all looked ok sounded fine , no ticks etc for a holden of this age (with reasonable k's).

Talk about a retard (me) owners husband had it running when I got there for inspection (flat battey) jump started it and had it running when I got there . Turns out its done a big end bearing and had enough oil doctoring to make the oil about 90 weight and it was great when I took it home. Done a run to work in it 200 odd km trip noticed some tapping last night on way home. Poped bonnet last night and sure enough Knock Knock from the back end !

This morning started it, to pull pull leads to find the cyl and do a more intense look see before deciding if tare down motor or just replace it was in order. Fucking oil seal on filter blows on startup and dumps 500ml of the thickest oil I've ever seen onto the driveway!

Not had a good run with cars bikes or people outside my closest circle of late , might be time I had another little melt down ! Don't I feel like a real dick head.

Weaselman
23-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Aw dude! nooo how could you forget the 'never trust a warm engine rule'

latheboy
23-05-2012, 11:58 AM
People don't lie do they?

I'd think about swaping the motor and dump the fucked one in the blokes driveway.

fimpBIKES
23-05-2012, 12:15 PM
go burn the cunts house down

The crow
23-05-2012, 12:23 PM
after uve stopped stomping on his head just replace it the wreckers have them at a dime a dozen reco'd. My sis and her hubby are mad holden nuts and are always buying wrecks and doing up and me being big bro gets roped in to help. The wreckers may even take ur old one as a partial trade and u get a warranty with the bought motor and if ur not up to it some even do the exchange for u. WE have all bought a lemon from time to time to quote Bad Boys OOOOOOSSSSAAAAAA and rub ur ears repeatedly :p

oldskool
23-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Under the new consumer laws you can return the car for a full refund, get a mechanics report on the oil and condition and take him to small claims you will win plus costs.

Redmohawk
23-05-2012, 05:04 PM
I wish it was that easy brother , when I was dumb I was really Dumb ! Signed recept and it has "sold as is" clearly on it. Mate is also my breef he slapped me and reminded me I know better . No leg to stand on. Tryed the legal swing at them after a quick phone contact , ended with her telling me I was harrassing her and she would seek an intervention order ! She didnt bat an eyelid had my breef ringing me back saying she has been worded up on legals before (his opinion) and knows the whole deal well.

Prob been there done this before by the looks of it. Seems I'm rebuilding a V6 this weekend, manual V6 com has a different bolt spacing on crank/flywheel so a cheap running isnt really an easy option. They are about but getting long in the tooth and bolting in another "possable good" motor just isnt worth the pain.

Will drop the pan tomorrow morning and have a look see at what mess is under this heap. If the crank isnt to scored/up shit creek i might just drop a set of fresh bearings into it, open up the mains at the same time for a bo peep. And keep my eye out for a resonable good swap over time, a mate has a supercharged unit hidden in his shed I might manage to swap a bike he has eyed off for a while.

ALBI
23-05-2012, 05:08 PM
do wat a mate did advertise on ute who you bought of and their reply

Redmohawk
23-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Na not my style , I'd never take it out on someone who ripped me off and ment it mate. We ranga's get a bit of a bad wrap over anger issues, I learnt long long ago do it right and get satisfaction.

RevHead
23-05-2012, 05:58 PM
thats fucked ,Red ,ive got an early vr here you could have had the motor for free,shit shame Jims not on the road still,

Redmohawk
23-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Its a manual Pete thats half the reason I grabed it in the first place they run different bolt spacing on the crank to the auto's .

Auto motors are a dime a dozen about here , got offered a wagon with a fucked auto in it (motor good though) for $20 lol There that common with an auto and scrap steel is so low around here , the scrappys will take a car for free but unless you take it to them there not going to pay you much for a vn/vp/vs.

Going to see my local engine builder mate tomorrow, see if he can redrill flywheel to suit auto (I dont know if its that simple knowing holden there is a different offset on the crank or something to fuck the show)

Mishdog20
23-05-2012, 07:01 PM
go burn the cunts house down

ASF should have a "Like" button for comments like this...lol.

Redmohawk
23-05-2012, 07:59 PM
ASF should have a "Like" button for comments like this...lol.

And then some, a turn for the positive seems after serize 2 motors in vn they all went to same bolt pattern for flywheel manual or auto so anything after vn serize 2 will fit but pre vs ecotec (it will fit but engine comression etc a little different and puter would need remapping/replacing) And same bloke who shared info has a low (90k) motor in good nick for $200 just around the corner from me.

Time to buy an engine hoist as I now have 3 motor swaps to do (in cars and a bus) and using a block n tackle is a joke with one let alone 3.

RevHead
23-05-2012, 08:55 PM
And then some, a turn for the positive seems after serize 2 motors in vn they all went to same bolt pattern for flywheel manual or auto so anything after vn serize 2 will fit but pre vs ecotec (it will fit but engine comression etc a little different and puter would need remapping/replacing) And same bloke who shared info has a low (90k) motor in good nick for $200 just around the corner from me.

Time to buy an engine hoist as I now have 3 motor swaps to do (in cars and a bus) and using a block n tackle is a joke with one let alone 3.

i was going to correct you over the auto manual engines,ive done a few auto to manual ,swaps in the years,and vis versa, glad you got it sorted.

Redmohawk
24-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Put the Pig up on ramps and chassis stands today , supported motor from top , dropped K frame/front suspension . Then ripped sump off , wasn't as much metal in the sump as I would of expected. Will pull bearings tomorrow in the morning light.

BANDITROD
25-05-2012, 07:52 AM
a vp with only 230k on the clock has prob already been around once mate

RevHead
25-05-2012, 08:14 AM
230k isnt much but theres still a few around with less ,the wreckers near me just bought a vp lexan and a vn crumpldore both with less then 150k on the clock, both were 1 owners ,old people ,both hit in the front ,also the vr ive got here has only got 240k on the clock ,i think it depends on the area and the amount of the owners
the thing that is amazing me is there are BA BF and vz and ve im working on with 300k on them already.

Redmohawk
25-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Looking under the "Pig" I'm pritty sure the odo is about right. Was owned by a little old lady (her name is on the rego) But I found out she has had it for years and only drove it to work up until 8 months ago then the 18 year old grandson "Inherited it" The lsd is basicly open now (should have noticed the rear driver side tyre was a different make to all the rest as a first clue ! Same tread shape as the others prob suckered me.

On close inspection the same tyre has noticable more wear (from a burnout) and the diff pack being a little to open (still lsd but not to tight anymore) I'm guessing the grandkid descovered that the lite vp ute with a manual V6 is a great burnout rig and with there crap 40 psi standard oil pressure they do tend to smack around the big ends with over reved doing burnouts. Everything else looks 100% asside of the rear disks being in need of replacement.

Pulled bearing caps this morning, bearings are very sad on first 2 cyl. The rest look okish lol , picked up a new set for $42. Crank doesnt look scored/ovaled or to fucked up so slapping the bearing in and replacing vp oil pressure spring with an ecotec one (60 psi @ 1500 rpm as opposed to 40 psi max's out at 75 psi) common swap on preformance modded vp motors. Hope it holds together for 50,000 k's while sorce a good low km ecotec. Bolt it in and run the vp computer sould be good for about 135 kw at the rear treads (loots better than the early v6)

Supercharger_Mark
25-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Mate dont feel too bad I think we all have had that happen at some stage in our lives

its just basically we wont to believe that everyone we meet will tell us the truth and are real people

pick yourself up and move on head high an all that

My 2 cents

Large
25-05-2012, 05:18 PM
They reckon the best revenge is to live well.

I reckon it would be sweet to pour a coupla gallons of deisel out front of the cunts place and do a massive roll back skid when you get the commo going well.

RevHead
25-05-2012, 05:28 PM
and also make them noticw how good the car looks and how good it goes ,when they ask you have you had any dramas ,tell them no nothing at all thing is a gem ,itl turn it around , make them feel bad.

Redmohawk
25-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Pete they know its fucked I Made sure they know exactly how I feel about it all.

Large silent vengeance is better , not knowing why shit just doesnt go right for you for months and months is so frustrating. Car trouble is so infuriating http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/icons/icon7.png when It just keeps happening over and over and over.

Well the Pig is back together asside on one engine mount needs doing up and oil/powersteering fluid. Should be "sort of fixed" in the morning take a look at the old bearing that came out of 1 cyl to see why I say "sort of fixed".

Shell has wings lol new ones above for comparison.

Crank was a ok on 5 big ends but no 1 was scored more than I would like lol it will last for prob 30 or 40 thou but that will be it I'd bet before the knock knock comes back. Still for $70 in bits and fluids it will do for now.

Ecotec motors are a dime a dozen down here with low km , and a mate has fitted one to a vn with the vn computer, extractors , using the stock early vn memcal its turning out about 135 kw at the treads through an early auto. Might look at picking one up and doing a worth while swap.