PDA

View Full Version : WANTED GSXR Front brake light switch cable/lead

hungrywolf
23-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Hi guys

Hoping someone can help me out. I am doing up an '85 GSXR750 at the moment. I have just put a front brake master cylinder on there from a later model GSXR (02-08). My issue is, that my electrical lead that goes to the cable is 80's style. I need to get my hands on a plug that will hook into the new sender (wiring a bonus). Not sure if this is something that I can pick up from a supercheap or something like that? I've tried EBAY, but nothing doing. Otherwise, would anyone have one they would be happy to part with in a cheap fashion, as is the custom of my people. See below image for the plug I am trying to hook into. Thanks All.

Cheers

Izaac

Redmohawk
23-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Just a pair of spade plugs (you want female plugs the sender is the male side) from an Auto store will do the trick , you can even just crimp them on (but a little black heat shrink tube) over the top of the plug and wire will make it look alot more "factory looking". Cost you about $4 for a pack of them or in a cheap kit with a crimper for about $20 . Any auto elec should have them with a good crimper if you took the loom to him prob cost you $10 to have it done on the spot.

hungrywolf
23-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Awesome mate. Thanks for the tips. I have plenty of black heat shrink tube, as I have been rewiring the main loom. In converting from a sports bike to a streetfighter I quickly found out I had about a foot of excess wiring and suddenly no fairing to hide it in.