PDA

View Full Version : angrypoms zx7

angrypom
04-05-2012, 05:52 AM
well im startin this thread real late of this one, but either way im to lazy to give a detailed step by step one.
so its my 96 zx7r. at the moment its just got a headlight unit from ausfr (i forget what its called), tag metal 3 bars, acewell, ebay mirrors and a $5 paint job coz i got impatiant.
1503so this is the only pic i have in its original trim.

150415051506back on the road before paint.

1507 after paint

so then i decided i wanted a shorty single seat setup, so my good mate fabricator/body builder/paint n airbrush is very kindly going ahead with while im away at work. its still at a very rough prototyping stage an i am investing in a tig so we can build a new subframe. the fender an number plate mount is gonna be a swingarm mounted job. i havnt decided on a paint scheme yet.

stay tuned gonna make a day of it saturday. need it back on the road asap.
engine wise, yellas build has inspired me to go with boost instead of cubes. however i dont have the time or skills to do this myself, so a little trip down to sydney is in order i think. i am gonna get the nice people at extreme creations to do the whole job. i was chasing to get 190-200hp so low boost until i get greedy.

Jed
04-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Well done Nick. Good to see your making progress. We will have to get together at the drags again. I'm moving back up your way at the end of May.

angrypom
04-05-2012, 09:23 AM
good stuff mate give us a ring i got new phone an lost ya number cheers bruv

slingy88
05-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Oh Goody, another sub litre turbo bike :cool:

It will be interesting to see what results you get from Extremes system compared to Yella's.

Anyway, welcome and keep us posted.

Cheers Slingy

Yella
05-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Nice gunna keep an eye on the progress

angrypom
08-07-2012, 01:16 AM
ok. so due to non availability of money for engine builds till next year, and therefore bike being off the road for a while........ i got a zx7/9r, to ride round, and also be a donor bike for my fighter. the plan is, im gonna mock up the setup on the old one then swap it over when its done. and obviously im gonna use the 9 donk now for turbo setup finances permiting.
i had this colour thrown on it as a quick tidy up, and its really growing on me. the pictures dont do it justice, but its sort of half way between gun metal grey and metalic black. so at this stage im gonna keep running with that for fighter trim too.

Jed
09-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Don't know if it's just me, but I can't see your pics

mr.zxr
10-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Hey mate. Good to see another 7/9 build. I got 270hp from my 7/9 but it is fuel injected. I know Ben will deliver a nice product as he has had a lot of input on my bike.