PDA

View Full Version : SOLD - 7/11 Fighter (TAS)

J7-11
03-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Update - as of this weekend, she should be gone. Did a swapsies for a DR650SE (got a Cairns to Cape York trip planned)

Hey guys,

LONG time no post. Haven't been working on let alone riding bikes for a few years now, basically I have 2 expensive hobbies, guitars and motorbikes, and the bikes have taken the back seat for a while. I'm now at the stage where I'm happy with the guitars I have, so now I'm looking to get back into bikes.

I built a 7/11 fighter about s**t 7 years ago, when I was in NSW. I since moved back to TAS she'd hardly been rego'ed let alone ridden. It's been sitting in a mates rumpus room under a sheet for the past few years. I've got a SV650 project on the go that could do with a cash injection so I'm putting this one out there and seeing what happens. Here's the specs:

The Good:

91' 750M Frame – Polished
1127 Donk
Freshen up by Motorcycle Weaponry – 5000km since then
Waggott Yoshi Stage 1 grind cams – dialled in
3-angle valve seats
New rings, bores honed etc
38mm Carbs
Factory Pro Stage III Jet Kit (for 1127 with 38s)
Factory Pro ignition advancer
BMC Pod Filters
Full Akrapovic system
BMC covers
Renthal Sprockets, spare front

Suspension
Done by Terry Hay @ Shock Treatment
Racetech springs F&R
Polished wheels & swingarm

Brakes
Tokico 6-pots, all fresh seals
Galfer waveys F&R
Goodridge braided lines F&R

GSXR K1 subframe & ducktail (seat & cover) – Key fits ignition, tank & ducktail (I reckon I was the first to do this in Aus...)
Mototeck undertail
Harris billet exhaust hanger (have pillion pegs too)
Renthal Bars
M-Toby steering damper
Rearsets, Tarozzi, they're high and way back!
Rizoma reservoir
Stainless engine bolts
Proper adjustable flasher unit (the expensive one)
Alarm

Other bits and pieces no doubt!

The not so good:

Speedo & tacho no longer work
Scratch on the swingarm that can't be seen unless you look for it (from rearsets)
I put this treatment in the tank as it had a bit of rust, it's got this white rubbery stuff lining it which is slightly coming away at the very top, is fine, but just looks a bit odd
Not running, no rego
Have semi-race tyres on there at the moment (Pilot Race or 002Rs from memory) so you'd want to put road tyres back on there

Here's some pics from when I first finished. Pretty much she's as you see here, save for a billet M/C reservoir and a M-Toby damper:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/J7-11/leftside.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/J7-11/pfront.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/J7-11/rearright.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/J7-11/ducktail.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/J7-11/dash.jpg

So now down to business. I've honestly got no idea what this would be worth, I've been that long out of the loop it's not funny.

Is asking for offers bad karma? Bearing in mind it's in Tassie (limited market) so there'd be freight charges if you're interstate. I'm happy to negotiate getting her to different stages, running (new battery, plugs and carby/tank drain should be all that's needed) or rego'ed or delivered to Melbourne are all options I'd consider.

Cheers, Justin

J7-11
03-05-2012, 01:08 PM
As a side note the other option is to break her, so if anyone is interested in specific parts, just let me know.

mozza
11-05-2012, 03:36 PM
put a price out there, you must have an idea of what you want for it ??

It's a damn tight market at the moment and being in Tassie makes it real hard, I just sold mine and had to give it away to get a deal done !

J7-11
11-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Hey mate, funny you should mention it. I've been looking at putting this on the market for a while now and have been looking at your ex-bike for ages going "man, if that guy can't get $6500 for that what is wrong with the world???"

I've been offering this bike to mates at $6.5K as is, where is, so I might as well do the same on here. There it is, $6.5K.

I found the receipt for the engine, there's over $5K of work right there. Over $3K in parts with new everything that needed replacing in the head, the rest was labour. I'm seriously considering parting her. I'd offer the frame/engine as a package, basically a plug n play, add your choice of forks, swinger and ducktail and fighter away. It was professionally built and modified so it's going to go for a long, long time. Big time $$$ loss on this bike but hey, we don't do these things to make money do we?

You don't happen to drive a white van do you? Saw one the other day with an ASF sticker, can't be too many of them in Hobart!

Cheers

mozza
11-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Nah not me mate, not sure who that is. I also saw an ASF shirt at the toy run but lost the guy in the crowd.

I like your bike but its priced a little high for me after knowing what mine sold for. Good luck with the sale.

J7-11
16-05-2012, 12:43 PM
No worries and thanks.

Going to offer to the masses on Gumtree and see what happens. If no luck there I'll part her out...