PDA

View Full Version : need help with vfr 800 caliper "De-link" link

fredycruger
03-05-2012, 05:25 AM
i did vfr swinger swap on TLR and got to the point where i need to fit the caliper
caliper have two holes for lines cause they had linked brakes
ive read on vfr forums that some ppl just use jumper link and single line w double banjo bolt

so thats what i wanna do but need some ideas how to make that link

or hard line

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=13821

damo1
03-05-2012, 07:23 AM
They are set up so when you use your foot brake 2 pistons work and when you use your front brake only 1 piston
works.

When i did my sssa conversion i just blanked off the 1 piston hole with a bolt and copper washer and ran the twin pistons as my rear brake.

Hope this helps

latheboy
03-05-2012, 08:12 AM
You could link them as per the pictures, it'll give you more power at the rear wheel.

I did the same as damo on my vfr swinger.

hooligan
03-05-2012, 11:34 AM
it only becomes an issue when you are using the vfr master cylinder. The VFR master is a 17mm one so that it can activate 2 pistons on the rear caliper, and 2 pistons on the front calipers.
when you delink a vfr (which is what they talk about on the VFR forums, obviously) the rear brake using the vfr master is shit unlesss you make it operate all 3 pistons on the rear caliper.
if you are using the TLR's rear master (probably 12mm to 14mm) it won't really matter whether you link the all three pistons on the rear caliper, it'll be fine.
I delinked my vfr8 when the gsxr front end went in. The rear brake was useless before i linked all three pistons, and now that i have a brembo rear caliper, it is shit again, because the huge vfr master doesn't work with the small brembo, but was ok with the huge vfr rear caliper.
Because that was pretty long winded, short version, there's no real need for you to use the jumper link. if you attach the brake line to one hole, it'll operate 2 pistons, the other hole will operate one piston (which used to be attached to the front brake lever). Just blank off the one you don't want to use with a bolt.

fredycruger
04-05-2012, 01:54 AM
sweet guys i think that what i will do

can i just pull the single piston out that i dont have to worry about dragging
or did you just left it alone when you blanked your off - any problems?

will tlr master work fine with only 2 pistons or should i change M/C

thanks for the help

latheboy
04-05-2012, 08:13 AM
I just put a bolt and washer on and left the piston in.

No problems so far

fredycruger
04-05-2012, 10:36 PM
what master are you using ?