PDA

View Full Version : Timing Out!

Hagarr
01-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Si not sure if it is my end or what but if it's not can you please instruct me how the FUCK to piss off the time out thing.

Every time I try and reply to a forum thread by the time I get back to it the content if I'm interrupted and don't get back for a couple of minutes I have put in the message it fucks me off out and doesn't save the content GGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Has only happened since the new website has been put up!
BBLLLLLLAAAHHHH!

K6Thou
01-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Could be the site mate but just in case type your reply then do the whole 'control C' thing, at least that way you can paste your reply into the reply box when you sign back in.

Hagarr
01-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Could be the site mate but just in case type your reply then do the whole 'control C' thing, at least that way you can paste your reply into the reply box when you sign back in.

Thanks for that but it seems to time out regardless of how many pages you might be trolling through and you come across some area you wish to comment and FUCKEN BAM!!! sign in again mother fucker and you lose al the content anf if any of you are as fucking slow as I an at typing you's understand the fucking frustration it gives, but thinkin about it you are right K5 if i control "C" prior to sending at least I acn repaste quickly, I'll try a nd remember this.

Yella
02-05-2012, 08:49 AM
When you log in tick the remember me button or what ever it is just under you name and pass word ( I will log out and check)
If I don't it logs me out within a couple of minutes

Yella
02-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Yep it's "Remember Me?"

Hagarr
02-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Yep it's "Remember Me?"

Thanks for your assistance!

Gix11
02-05-2012, 05:40 PM
The server time out is set for 20 minutes as I mentioned in the other post mate. It's standard and there's nothing I can do about it. If it takes you 20 minutes to type a reply you really should type it into a notepad text file and paste it in as your computer will never time out!

Hagarr
02-05-2012, 08:30 PM
The server time out is set for 20 minutes as I mentioned in the other post mate. It's standard and there's nothing I can do about it. If it takes you 20 minutes to type a reply you really should type it into a notepad text file and paste it in as your computer will never time out!

Thanks Si , it's not so much that my typing is that slow its more like I'll be trolling (back) through the forum after being idle when I have a clear time to get back to look at something and you might see something you wish to comment on and if you have timed out (which it doesn't indicate that it has) when you go to push send it takes you to the log in user and password screen, then when you have logged in the message has disappeared and there is no trace of the message and you need to start from scratch again.

Make Sense?

Gix11
02-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Ahhh, sure mate, that makes sense. Do what Yella says, and as long as your window is left open, you'll be left logged in (in theory).

It's a security thing, a bit like internet banking websites (except they time out much faster). If you were on a public computer and you didn't log out, then the next bloke that used it could go into the forum under your name and find your email address and whatever else is ion your profile, so that's why it logs out automatically after time out. If you are the only one that uses your computer click the "Remember Me" box and then next time, even if you are logged out for some reason, it will have all your details and log straight back in where you were.

In your case mate, here's a tip: Whenever you type something and are ready to click POST, before you do so, click and drag your mouse across the whole post you just did, so it's all highlighted, and then click CTRL and C at the same time. This will copy your entire post, and if for some reason something shits out, you still have the post in your computers memory. So when you eventually get back in, you just place your mouse in the empty window and click CTRL and V, and bingo; it's there again. I do it with any long posts (like this one for example) just so I have a guarantee that it's still there if anything fucks up for any reason.