PDA

View Full Version : Flamming troubles

damo1
14-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Write im pretty shore every body here knows what ive been up to.
So my delema is this icant get a flame from the flame bike
ive tried pumping straight bbq gas into the exhaust but found out
that the co2 from the exhaust was killing off the oxygen so no flame,
i then plumbed up a fuel line to same gas port in pipe with the end result being to much fuel and drowning the spark plug with it gushing peti then Exben came up with the idea of a smaller spay type nosil further down the pipe so the fuel had time to atomize by the time it got to the plug for ignition but still nothing what the fucks wrong ive got good spark plenty of fuel/fuel vapors but why no flames??????????
It will spark up a tiny flame once the bike is switched off and it just burns the gases out that are left in the pipe.
ive bugged Exben enough with this fuckin thing it seemed so staight forward to start now im tearing out my hair.
Any ideas?
i started another thread so Exben knows that i can do it and it wasnt a fluck the first time.

Rich
14-07-2006, 08:27 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/87690295840998.jpg

Solid fuel?? Flames guaranteed....[}:)]

Cheers Rich

Rich
14-07-2006, 08:32 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/87690296149892.jpg
Atom splitting?? Trying to help damo1, just tell me when you want me to stop. Home alone and bored....

Cheers Rich

14-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Did you look at the idea of using venturi effect to suck additional air/oxygen into the pipe just before the end? Basically the same thing as carburettors, except that you're using exhaust gases to draw air into the system

Large
14-07-2006, 08:46 PM
just light your farts

I do and some of them are mucho impressive :D

ozkat
14-07-2006, 08:46 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/87690296910503.jpg I hope this doesnt happen :D

Large
14-07-2006, 08:50 PM
dib dib dib

what does johnny scout say? (apart these fucking shorts are itchy)

to make a fire you need fuel(check) ignition (check) and oxygen (_______)

maybe you just need a cheapo nitrous fogger into the exhaust?

damo1
14-07-2006, 09:12 PM
I sort of have oxygen getting in through the sleave joints in the pipe
i thought by pumping raw fuel in it would have been volitile enough.
Chalk:wouldnt the venturi just puff out exhaust gases????????if it was just
an open thing on the pipe.
Large:Exben mentioned nos but quickly changed his mind saying its to,i dont know
he said dont use it for some reason something about blowing the shit out of myself
and half of brooky.

Large
14-07-2006, 09:14 PM
lol

asbestos bogcatchers are your friend Damo :D

damo1
14-07-2006, 09:32 PM
check this out then can you work it out???????
http://www.customflamethrowers.com/modules/news/

14-07-2006, 11:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by damo1

Chalk:wouldnt the venturi just puff out exhaust gases????????if it was just
an open thing on the pipe.

Not necessarily old chap, if you use a smallish diameter pipe running forward from where it merges with the exhaust it would have the same effect as with a carby. Normally the air is being sucked through the carby by the piston movement, but on ram air systems (inc. turbo's and superchargers) the air is being pumped through the carby, the same as with you're exhaust. If you fill a bottle with smoke and then blow across the top of it, the smoke is sucked out of the bottle.
If you light the gas while it's still in the smaller tube it should have enough oxygen to ignite and carry the flame past the end of you're exhaust.

Another idea would be to run a small pipe through to the end of the exhaust, and use that to carry the flame. Or second skin the exhaust and run the gas between the 2 skins, would still appear that the flame is coming from the exhaust.

fimpBIKES
15-07-2006, 09:32 AM
chalky might be onto something there

but have u considered contacting the mad-stunter that the system came off?
maybe there is a trick to it that he would know

evad
15-07-2006, 10:06 AM
damo, what happens if you hold a flame at the end of the pipe? It might be an idea to have the ignition at the end of the pipe. Are there any jets on the discharge? I know that if thre is too much gas and not enough air it wont ignite
I think that Chalk is probalbly right and that hte mixture isnt right. Have you see the unit work off off the bike? It might bee a good idea to be sure that the unit works before trying to fault find on the bike.

damo1
16-07-2006, 08:16 PM
the system that chalky gave me had gas ive given up on the gas idea and have gone
for petrol instead for two reasons,
1:old mate Exben tells me that no oxygen in the exhaust no ignition with gas and also
i can get rid off the bottle hanging off the side of the bike.
2:i can get the fuel up there very easy and its very hidden away so not as likly to get
questioned by mr plod if pulled over for blowing flammes(if i ever get it workin)

As for asking the mad stunter its a slightly different set up ive gone for than the system
he ran,it was a dumby pipe about 300mm long with it blanked off at the end and had the gas
pumping into it and just the spark plug to ignite it no exhaust to contend with.

the actual fuel inlet to the pipe is about 400/500mm down the pipe and the spark plug is about
50mm from the tip so it sould give it plenty of time to atomize by the time it gets to the end.

im wondering if the plug is in the wrong spot maybe it should be on the top not on the bottom
it seems to get very wet with fuel in there and im wondering if its killing off the spark.
i will try litting it with a naked flame we tried it will the gas and it didnt work so ill try
it with the fuel and see what happens.
chalk i did think about another pipe but then i thought fuckit its got to work they get them to flame
up on the site so its got to work im just missing something so im appreiciating all the ideas.
cheers boys