PDA

View Full Version : Raffle

Hagarr
29-04-2012, 08:07 PM
I won't go in to particulars as to who at this point in time is affected but wonder if ther's any merit in Raffling off a members bike particularly if they are in a predicament they are currently in or which they can't get out of.

This could be sickness, family issues, relocation, job loss, loss of license etc.

Not sure how legally this can be handled but lets say said Member (Paid Up!) has an issue and wishes to offload his equipment for their particular reason, as they are generally in need of help fairly quickly and need cash otherwise would not have to sell for a lower price than normal the said vehicle is entered in as a Raffled prize surely we could raise the funds required for the respondent and some if extra depending on a vote to the respondent or in to ASF towards NFR or similar.

If I'm being a dick tell me to fuck off but surely as a like minded bunch of people we can do something to help these people????

Any Ideas.?????

sharky
29-04-2012, 08:13 PM
If we keep it in house, with a min number of tickets to be sold before it's drawn...bike is done as a non-roadworthy/no rego vehicle so its up to the new owner to make sure its safe.
If they need cash that much I say all monies goes to them.

El_Hefty
29-04-2012, 08:20 PM
just list the bike if its worth raffling it might be worth buying. Certainly if its about speed righ price right bike it will sell, wrong bike wont raffle thats for sure

Hagarr
30-04-2012, 03:16 PM
just list the bike if its worth raffling it might be worth buying. Certainly if its about speed righ price right bike it will sell, wrong bike wont raffle thats for sure

True , but the idea is if I WIN a Kumunsuckmi 1125 for $50-100 who cares I'll just thrash it and do burnouts and shit on it!

The idea was to offer support to the individual, not about whether I really wanted the bike or not, winning it is supposed to be the bonus no matter what it is!

Weaselman
30-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Dont mean to put a downer on this but this sought of thing happened a couple of years ago except it was an auction thingy (I won) The money was paid and I got the bike. Then the money wondered off somewhere.

Caused a major shitfight

JackTar
04-05-2012, 07:17 PM
You're right Weasel I remember that scumbag but in that particular instance the money was supposed to go to tadpole wasn't it? I'm assuming this is for the sake of the person getting rid of the bike.

Weaselman
04-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah Jacktar that was it. Rotten mess that was and I got stuck in the middle simply by winning