PDA

View Full Version : TAC are at it again...

xa-mont
29-04-2012, 07:21 PM
I'm sure we have all seen the newest TAC add, in which a rider on a nice new R1 Tbones a car that makes a turn in front of him (without indicating and without looking for the motorcyclist well enough.

In the add it is made out that the situation could have been totally avoided, if the motorcyclist was going 8km slower. Whilst this may be true, you could change nearly any factor in the situation and get a different outcome; If the driver saw the bike and didn't pull out everything would have been fine, if the driver pulled out faster it would have been fine (in this particular situation), if the rider was going 80 he would have been past before the car had a chance to pull out in front of him.

Whilst i understand the sentiment behind the add, it is put together in such a way that will have drivers who are ignorant of motorcycle riders gaining more of a superior "motorcyclist are always speeding and they should watch out for my big car" mentality, due to the add not even mentioning the illegal actions of the driver that resulted in the death of the rider... pretty piss poor if you ask me.

Here is some discussion about the add (mentioning the fact that that motorbike should be able to come to a complete stop easily within that range)

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/neil-mitchell-blog/motorcyclists-call-graphic-tac-advertisement-into-question/20120427-1xowx.html

and here is a petition that i implore you all to sign to try and get the TAC to get their act together and make some more responsible adds. (personally i think they do SOME good work, like the adds about wearing the right gear, and all the "look bike" stuff, but adds like this are just wrong)

http://www.change.org/petitions/tac-victoria-get-real-about-rider-safety

RevHead
29-04-2012, 07:34 PM
i didnt like the add ,i mean who locks up a rear brake to stop a bike anyway ,ffs ,this is a dream made up by the idiots that produced it

sharky
29-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Then do something about it....

Join your states MRA....they have a voice Gov listens too...

http://www.mravic.org.au

oldskool
29-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Shit not like minded people in the top jobs?

Weaselman
30-04-2012, 06:01 PM
People who dont ride.

Example: Last week I got nicked for crossing double white lines in Waterfall National Park because in a slow bend the fuckwit in front of me jammed the anchors.
Now I chose to pass because I could see through the corner and it was a safer move than jamming on my brakes through the corner and running wide as the bike stood up.
As I did this a cop came around the bend up the road, turned around and nicked me.

Now this is where common sence falls apart. I got busted $265 and 2 points for taking the safer course of action to avoid an accident on a motorcycle with my wife on the back. But no his responce was "Should have maintained a bigger gap" to which I told him "As soon as they invent a way to see around corners before you get to them"

These people know fuck all and never will because even our own representitive body is a fucking joke filled with powerplays and infighting.
And its this sort of shit that re equipps the insurance companys and the RTA ect to move harder against us again.

Snaffler
01-05-2012, 10:24 AM
i know the guy who brought this bike off TAC and it dont have all that damage to it and it sure as shit didnt flip up in the air end on end lol.. hope your stunt man was ok TAC coz he died in your add!!

Hagarr
01-05-2012, 12:08 PM
These people know fuck all and never will because even our own representitive body is a fucking joke filled with powerplays and infighting.
And its this sort of shit that re equipps the insurance companys and the RTA ect to move harder against us again.

Ain't that the truth! and why I am not a member of any of these organisations!

Weaselman
01-05-2012, 07:54 PM
I tried very hard to make a difference for the good of riders by being involved with them but in the end I gave up because to be honest those people were armchair pollys and not riders. And a guy who loves his riding life more than anything is an unwanted distraction. Especially when hes demanding action

K6Thou
01-05-2012, 08:17 PM
I tried very hard to make a difference for the good of riders by being involved with them but in the end I gave up because to be honest those people were armchair pollys and not riders. And a guy who loves his riding life more than anything is an unwanted distraction. Especially when hes demanding action

Time to sort out a group for riders by riders then ?

Weaselman
01-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Every time that happens it always goes bad. The only way it would work is if one person called the shots and the others would work to acheave those aims.
Considering we all ride our own way and live our own way our nature as riders and our nature as STREETFIGHTER riders would make it very hard.
The long and short of it is that motorcycles are a fad now. A game played by people with disposable incomes. Just look around on any sunday.
I myself live and breath bikes and life isnt life without them. I see motorcycleing as a part of my soul but the majority see it as something to be seen on. A bought cool. We cant build anything out of that.

K6Thou
01-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Every time that happens it always goes bad. The only way it would work is if one person called the shots and the others would work to acheave those aims.
Considering we all ride our own way and live our own way our nature as riders and our nature as STREETFIGHTER riders would make it very hard.
The long and short of it is that motorcycles are a fad now. A game played by people with disposable incomes. Just look around on any sunday.
I myself live and breath bikes and life isnt life without them. I see motorcycleing as a part of my soul but the majority see it as something to be seen on. A bought cool. We cant build anything out of that.

Wise words mate, fuck I have seen in-fighting damn near dismantle a chapter of an outlaw club so I know exactly what you are saying, but fuck there has to be something we as a group (albeit small) can do ......

Weaselman
01-05-2012, 09:14 PM
What the old bastards at the Ulysissies did was create a 'co-op'
By doing this they got cheaper insurence (Much cheaper) and discounts on all and sundry for themselves.
They were the only ones that have done it and its worked for them.
I wouldnt know how to set one up for us lot but there would be some legal fucking about to get it off the ground. But there would have to be strict rules for the benifits to apply i.e. time with ASF, type of bike and weather or not its a fighter ect ect.

It would also mean getting ASF or a Streetfighter based group incorperated so as to be applicable for certain things. And I dont see that happening either. Were a very closed bunch and thats why it works. Clubs equals bullshit and bullshit with us is mostly funny.
But yeah to do anything as a group would mean making ASF a legitimate 'club' and I for one for all my club and motorcycle political experence wouldnt want that to happen because that'd fuck it.
And I fucking love ASF and all the mad bastards that inhabit it.

K6Thou
01-05-2012, 09:17 PM
What the old bastards at the Ulysissies did was create a 'co-op'
By doing this they got cheaper insurence (Much cheaper) and discounts on all and sundry for themselves.
They were the only ones that have done it and its worked for them.
I wouldnt know how to set one up for us lot but there would be some legal fucking about to get it off the ground. But there would have to be strict rules for the benifits to apply i.e. time with ASF, type of bike and weather or not its a fighter ect ect.

It would also mean getting ASF or a Streetfighter based group incorperated so as to be applicable for certain things. And I dont see that happening either. Were a very closed bunch and thats why it works. Clubs equals bullshit and bullshit with us is mostly funny.
But yeah to do anything as a group would mean making ASF a legitimate 'club' and I for one for all my club and motorcycle political experence wouldnt want that to happen because that'd fuck it.

I completely understand mate ;)

Redmohawk
01-05-2012, 09:33 PM
To be a Ulysissian you only need to be 40 still right ? lol Maybe it would be easyer to join and grow old disgracefully .

Weaselman
02-05-2012, 09:51 AM
I'd rather slam my nuts in a car door

BANDITROD
02-05-2012, 02:42 PM
i thought sal would have had those in her purse by now

Weaselman
02-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Naa otherwise I wouldnt have been able to buy a new bike :D

Redmohawk
02-05-2012, 08:21 PM
I'd rather slam my nuts in a car door

Talk like that just gets me excited, you kinky devil.

Might be an option to piggy back with a like minded club though (not so much the old Viking wananbies) but surely there is someone out there "club setup and running" that would like a few extra members ? A sub group perhaps ? Group under a club sort of deal, to get the interested members from here a voice with club benifits without the hassle of going through all the club BS ? Just dribbling shit floating about in my head.

Weaselman
03-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Its a slippery slope man. I'm outta the clubs for the reason that its hard to make em work. ASF has no interest in becoming an incorporated club. (I'm pretty sure it's been floated on here in the past) hell its hard enough to have regular runs because our bikes are in bits and we are very widly spread around the place. Also as a club youd have to have close vetting of new members and votes for board members blah blah blah. Fighter riders have a seance of individuality for that to work.

latheboy
03-05-2012, 08:36 AM
"Fighter riders have a seance of individuality"

HAHAHAHA ...

Yep, i'm the only person here with a black GSXR with MX bars and no fairings :D

I do agree tho, a club thing wouldn't work.

If it did become a club I would be the Grand master and tell me, how many of you would be happy to send me your Wifes/GF/hot daughters (of legal age) while you stay home and work your guts out to pay for me living as a cult leader and have dirty drunkun drug fueled sex as a god?

Anyone.... Anyone...

BANDITROD
03-05-2012, 10:18 AM
i call for mutany already

Redmohawk
03-05-2012, 08:26 PM
"Fighter riders have a seance of individuality"

HAHAHAHA ...

Yep, i'm the only person here with a black GSXR with MX bars and no fairings :D

I do agree tho, a club thing wouldn't work.

If it did become a club I would be the Grand master and tell me, how many of you would be happy to send me your Wifes/GF/hot daughters (of legal age) while you stay home and work your guts out to pay for me living as a cult leader and have dirty drunkun drug fueled sex as a god?

Anyone.... Anyone...

I have the perfect farm for you , in the hills middle of no where 2 spring fed creeks solar/micro hydro large shed with separate stables to lock up your herim. And a 2 car shed turned into a nice hideaway for the lucky girl for the night and yourself. (have to go through 2 private propertys to get there !) I only want a million for it.

The point was if we hid under another club the ASF crew wouldnt have to go through all the "club shit". We could do our weekly bidding via this lovely establishment right here Si provides for us. I'm thinking this would be a good way for us and others that may read but not post here atm to gain a voice that can be projected to pollies etc for our good.

This idea if it worked could be spread to other bike forums , linked through members that bridge forums. Passing on information as complicated as a mass protest ride , to simple sujestions for hand written mass letters to pollies/vicroads/tac etc. For little effort we may just improve our input into what/who controls our riding destiny.

The benifit to the club would be a significant increase of numbers of riders they have the ear of , for the benifit of all riders. Not so much to increase there "club numbers" more to benifit the riding community as a whole.

Just an idea .

K6Thou
03-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Would we get back patches ? lol

Weaselman
04-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Fair points Red but consider this. We are a pretty close nit bunch and that's what makes ASF so good to me. I don't go on other forums and I see coming under another banner or aligning with another club as diluting streetfighters. I just don't want to be mixed up with an established club for the sake of pushing agendas. ASF is ASF and fighters are still quite underground. If fighters became mainstream I'd move away from them. But enough about what I think what does Si think?

Redmohawk
04-05-2012, 09:16 AM
I agree about the mainstreem coment , I've never really bothered fitting in anywhere (funny that seems to work in this crowd well).

K6 no one mentioned a patch club, This is something I thought could push our feelings to pollies/other like minded groups to assist in the anti bashing of riders we seem to be getting from vicroads/insurance/gov/cops/tac. To us this wouldnt entail much more than we do now, perhaps a separate thread for "Important stuff" Ie proposed protest rides, incedents involving police, tv add's bashing riders, other clubs information etc etc. But free of the usual banter on the thread. Somewhere to put pertinant info not crap.

The point of a registered/recognised club would be , a mouth piece for us and thats all. As weasel has stated were not really a group interested in organised club events, and all the shit involved. Not practical for us , but having a club of some sort to front our issues to others would give us some perceived intergrity in others eyes. This would not make us a club in any way, but give us some benifits of one as far as an image for pollies to put to our voice.

200 dedicated ASF'ers bantering on a website doesn't do alot in the grand skeem of things , but when a great group of riders turn up in town and protest about stupid price rises on nsw rego/insurance. Do we want to make a differece to how we live our lives ? Do we want to stop the bashing of our lifestyle ? This could possably be a way to assist in our own wellbeing without getting stuck in the "Club shit" we all love to hate.

Weaselman
04-05-2012, 11:10 AM
With reference to the protest re: CTP I had a big hand in getting that going and for all the hard graft by myself and Riders Against Bureaucracy all we got was a turn out that was outnumbered by police and the agenda was high jacked by Rob Colligan who used it to further his political ambitions. Admittedly we did get a discount but how long that lasts is anyone's guess. Community is not what it used to be

Redmohawk
04-05-2012, 06:41 PM
I was thinking of organising something here in my town , along the park one bike to one car park deal. Maybe a sat around the central CBD block. Not a huge protest just an expression of dis-satisfaction with whats going on atm. Might get a few locals that are far better at expressing themselves without looking like knuckel draggers.

Would involve about 200 odd bikes filling all the parks around a block for the morning or something to that effect , would have to involve the local shop owners. No use pissing the locals off , if done right might even get some interest from locals and give the shopping district a very short term boost.

Been contemplating something like this for a while , lots of bike groups in the local area all bitching but nothing happening. Lots to get sorted and down right before it would happen, a decent mouth piece for a start. Mad mohawked rangas don't make positive media unless they're wielding a chainsaw and chasing a pollie down the street.

Weaselman
04-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Im all for the last bit

K6Thou
04-05-2012, 07:02 PM
K6 no one mentioned a patch club,

I know mate, it sounded funny in my head lol. What you are thinking of doing sounds like a great idea. Up here we are quite happy with rego costs etc, we are that far behind we don't even have wire rope this far north.....

JackTar
04-05-2012, 07:36 PM

I love you too Fanta Pants

Weaselman
04-05-2012, 08:16 PM
I'll see you at NFR bastard!

Redmohawk
04-05-2012, 09:42 PM
I'll bring the saw to NFR so you can have a birds eye veiw