PDA

View Full Version : helmet cam editing software question

hyofighter
28-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Prob not the right area but my story . I bought myself a new drift hd 1080p POV helmet cam the footage is wicked but my only drama is the footage is in .mov format fine for apple users but I'm a windows man , windows7 will play it but movie maker won't touch it , I bought cyberlink power director but it was a dud so I took it back I bought corel video studio but 1080p is too much for it . I downloaded some freeware windows video lab and its basic but it allows me to convert it too mp4 best quality , AVI and WMV but the quality is lost , so what should I be using , is there some freeware , better software , help plz

Gix11
30-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Convert it to raw format and not compressed format to save the quality on conversion mate. .avi is standard format with a lot of editors and keeps the quality (as long as you make sure you create it with no loss on the conversion). File size will be massive as .avi but it will be as good as it gets. I use Adobe Media Encoder but I got that with a package so not sure if you can get it individually (or find it as a torrent which of course is only for testing purposes right? :))

StuNVA
30-04-2012, 05:02 PM
I used to use movavi