PDA

View Full Version : Time to ride for your rights

sharky
22-04-2012, 05:12 PM
The MRAQ would like to invite your Club or Association to an Information Rally at Roma Street Forum on the 29th April. all the details are on the attached flyer.

The Motorcycle Riders Association of Queensland ( MRAQ ) is the official voice of Queensland road riding, off-road riding, scooters and trikes community.
With the ever increasing number of registered motorcycles in Queensland, it is imperative that your Club and your riding members are being properly considered as a legitimate part of the transport mix.
When Government and Transport & Main Roads want to make changes they need to know what we as riders require.

The MRAQ's primary role is to convey the road safety concerns and suggestions of the riding community to the relevant Government bodies and work with them to achieve the goal of improving motorcycle , scooter and trike safety.
The MRAQ also provides information back to the riding community in order to relay to the riding community the achievements of our objectives.

The MRAQ's Objectives are to :

Enhance the road safety of motorcyclists
Facilitate the development of more effective road safety policies
Enhance the fulfillment of motorcycling as a recreational activity
Promote motorcycling to the wider community
Improve the public's image of motorcyclists
Promote the consideration and respect of motorcyclists concerns in urban design and road design

The MRAQ hope to see you all on the day. Everybody with an involvement in motorcycling is welcome to come along and let us know what is happening in your part of the riding community.
Be aware and be part of what is happening in our riding future.

ALL WELCOME
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp276/sharkster68/2012-04-10151559.jpg

nemo
22-04-2012, 06:41 PM
So what is actually coming?
Or unless you go, you dont get to know?

sharky
22-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Just go to their website....all there
0% alcohol for riders, fluro vests...all sorts of crap

nemo
22-04-2012, 06:55 PM
ok thanks

slow rider
23-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Is it true they were talking about banning 1000cc and over bikes? As that was my main concern, rego rising could be a problem. Couldn't really care if I have to wear a fluro vest or not, and I don't really drink alcohol, but I'll still come for a listen.

sharky
23-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Sorry Slow but that attitude is playing into the gov hands.Unless we show them we won't be dictated to they will keep piling on laws.By the time they introduce one you do care about all will be lost.

slow rider
24-04-2012, 01:50 AM
Sorry didn't mean it to come across so negative, I understand where you are coming from. Once they get us to bend over once, the next time they won't even lube it up first.

Harry
26-04-2012, 02:26 AM
these are a good thing,they have been happening for a bloody long time and it really is on par with motorcycle rider's being in a type of union to let the bloody law maker's know that the best people to make law's on safety for bike rider's are the bloody bike rider's and not those runny nose little prick's that most of us feel are making more and more law's only to justafiy there own position's. Everyone should be showing up for this to show that we're not just out there riding around waiting for more bullshit law's to be jammed in our face's.

LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE........................

Harry
26-04-2012, 02:44 AM
Sharky if you haven't already done it mate it might be worth re-posting this on the ASF facebook page,it is a ride that all should attend to show number's.....this ride usually end's up on the new's,and i really hope it draw's the number's of year's ago which was thousand's of bike's.

Harry
26-04-2012, 02:59 AM
Is it true they were talking about banning 1000cc and over bikes? As that was my main concern, rego rising could be a problem. Couldn't really care if I have to wear a fluro vest or not, and I don't really drink alcohol, but I'll still come for a listen.

WTF...........Well after 42 year's of riding im NOT wearing a pink vest just because some little prick is to busy texting on his phone or changing the cd on his stero to see me,and i do drink but i dont drink and ride,the rally's are about the dickhead goverment making rule's that are fair for ALL road user's and not just shoving more and more shit onto the motorcycling community, it is not about drinking booze or pink vest's....how would you like to have to put on a full set of leather's to go to the shop for milk or any other ride regardless of distance, it's about rider's right's dude. Equal Right's For Road user's !

sharky
26-04-2012, 06:02 AM
I don't do Facefart mate....maybe you or someone else can put it on there.

BANDITROD
26-04-2012, 08:51 AM
good luck with it all guys

slow rider
26-04-2012, 10:46 AM
WTF...........Well after 42 year's of riding im NOT wearing a pink vest just because some little prick is to busy texting on his phone or changing the cd on his stero to see me,and i do drink but i dont drink and ride,the rally's are about the dickhead goverment making rule's that are fair for ALL road user's and not just shoving more and more shit onto the motorcycling community, it is not about drinking booze or pink vest's....how would you like to have to put on a full set of leather's to go to the shop for milk or any other ride regardless of distance, it's about rider's right's dude. Equal Right's For Road user's !

As I have already stated in a previous post, I know where youes are coming from. I'll also be there on Sunday to show support. I was only quoting for me not everybody else, as I couldn't care what I have to were to ride as long as I'm riding. And mate I do put my jacket on just to go down the road as I like my skin and you can't trust d/heads in cars, as alot of accidents only happen within 15 kays from home. But I know it's not the point and we are fighting for our rights as riders. See youes all Sunday, I'll be with the Western group.

sharky
26-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Anyone apart from slowrider and I going ??

Jinx
27-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Anyone apart from slowrider and I going ??

Be there if I could Sharky. Stuck in the desert in WA for another 10 days before I get back. With a bit of luck though, both my brothers will be at the rally flying the flag.

Bob
28-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Will this still be on if this rain is around?

slow rider
01-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Went out on Sunday and had a listen, I thought they had very good points and they know what the government has installed for us. There wasn't any bullshit about association laws talked about, which I thought was good. More about safety and providing a better image for us normal motorcyclist. One thing they did talk about which hasn't been mention, is the government wants to bring in a motorcycle levy. WTF more money for their back pocket, also the MRAQ is talking to the government about unforming motorcycle laws through out Australia. Because you could be riding in Queensland with what you have on being legal, then cross the boarder and get book for not compling with their laws.

The other things were what was mention fluro riding gear and 0% blood alcohol reading. So you go for a ride pull into a pub or restaurant have a nice meal, now you can forget about washing it down with an ale, wine or spirit. Or you're at a party with a few mates and after a few youes all decide to go for a ride in the morning, well think again. Anyway now I know what they are about I'll be joining them and $15 dollars is nothing if it's going to help them fight for us. My brother is also joining and he rides trail bikes, he was happy because he got a mention on Sundays meeting for being the only trailie with the Western group.