PDA

View Full Version : Serious crash Hinterland Murwillumbah area

nemo
22-04-2012, 05:03 PM
http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/04/22/update-serious-traffic-crash-advancetown/

D (http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/04/22/update-serious-traffic-crash-advancetown/)ont know if yrou blokes heard any more or knew anyone involved.

Tony Nitrous
22-04-2012, 05:21 PM
I was out playing Southside this morning with an Aprilia RSV, S1000RR, Hyper Motard etc.

Jeeez... there were some bikes out that way today !

......and more than a few cop's too.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg593/scaled.php?server=593&filename=30661539384762064743810.jpg&res=landing

El_Hefty
22-04-2012, 06:40 PM
R1 rider ran wide and took out two bike coming the other way

rider on r1 dead and the lead rider coming the other way dead both the pillion and the other rider that were hit are in critical condition.

Your right tony there were fucking heaps out i did Beechmont twice but was home by nine and i thought it was busier than it has been in a long time. Lots of learners out and about at the moment too

Although i didnt see a cop, the donut shop opens at nine in Nerang so i guess that wasnt a surprise:o

TheRussian
22-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Bloody hell :( Not good news. Unfortunately it will happen more and more as bike numbers rise. Feel bad fo the people who got hurt and killed and done nothing wrong. When we ride we really need to think that when we ride on those roads we are putting our mates on bikes at risk by not riding within our limmits.

mubu
23-04-2012, 03:59 AM
Yep alot of bikes out there today and tons of fluro vests!!! (learners) maybe Qride ect should take another route?
Me and a mate rode through there just before it happened,, you just never know whats around the corner hey.
R.I.P

slow rider
23-04-2012, 09:30 AM
That's some sad shit right there, It can happen at anytime I guess and to anybody. Very nice twisty roads and straights in between out that way and it's easy to come undone at speed. So yes on public roads everybody should ride within there limits. Because people doing the right thing are getting hurt.

JDinOZ
23-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Fuck thats bad.

zerocool
27-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Steve Treadwell or Tready as he was affectionately known was on the Red Yamaha Thunderace 1000. He was a A-Grader from the day and a ace mechanic.

He was my Best friend and an amazing individual.

I only rode with him as he was the best rider on those roads as he lived right on them and we never got into trouble as he knew every line like it was the back of his hand.... I should have been with you that day Tready.

I've been doing those GC hinterland roads for 15 years and I still can'tbeleive that this great man is gone.

What the hell is a huge Moped doing on that road any way...???? rip.

Colers.

Snake_Doctor
28-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Mate I dont know who he was or the circumstances of the accident by all riders of all types of bike have just as much right to be on the road as anyone else and take the same risks all of us do on the road.

just my opinion

Steve Treadwell or Tready as he was affectionately known was on the Red Yamaha Thunderace 1000. He was a A-Grader from the day and a ace mechanic.

He was my Best friend and an amazing individual.

I only rode with him as he was the best rider on those roads as he lived right on them and we never got into trouble as he knew every line like it was the back of his hand.... I should have been with you that day Tready.

I've been doing those GC hinterland roads for 15 years and I still can'tbeleive that this great man is gone.

What the hell is a huge Moped doing on that road any way...???? rip.

Colers.

slow rider
31-08-2012, 10:50 AM
I take it Tready was the bloke that ran wide and the Thunderace was called a R1, like my old thunderace used to be mistaken for one all the time. It's sounds like he was saying there was something on the road which caused him to run wide. Very unfortunate but I suppose dosen't matter how good you are or how well you know the road, it's not a race track and you should always ride for the unexpected. I can't say I'm an angel as I have been guilty of this myself coming down from Glorious. A bit of gravel was on the road on a sharp bend, I came in pretty hot and the gravel caught my eye. So I stood it up untill I was around the gravel but it caused me to go into the other lane. Lucky for me there was nothing coming the other way or my helmet would have been another cross for the side of the road. We have to remember these are public roads and aren't maintained that well so pot holes, gravel, mud,oil and foreign object etc, can be any where on the road.

Sorry to here about your mate Colers and it sounded like he was a very experence rider, so it can happened to anybody.

EVLZX
31-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Mate I dont know who he was or the circumstances of the accident by all riders of all types of bike have just as much right to be on the road as anyone else and take the same risks all of us do on the road.

just my opinion
It's sad but you've just got to ride within your limits.
Got to think of everyone else on the road too, I don't mind playing but I prefer to do it away from others.
Unrelated but, a few years ago dad came across a bloke who had crashed, other cars just drove pass, guy was just lying there, dad tried saving him, he ended up dying on the way to hospital. It hadn't just happened either been there for a little while, only other people that stopped were other bikes.
Was a bit of a wake up for me, I used to be pretty nuts, slowed down a bit now though.
Anyway riders need to stick together whatever they ride, hell I was having engine troubles and a bloke on a BMW rode pass chucked a u turn and came and asked if I needed a hand.

Snake_Doctor
31-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Couldn't agree more , I had the bad luck to have mechanical problems out in the middle of no where and it wa only Bikes and 1 old timer on a tractor that asked if I was ok or needed help.

Seems we are loosing our comradship (Not Communism type comrade), people just either don't care, or could be too afraid to help anyone out these days, it is a pity.

It's sad but you've just got to ride within your limits.
Got to think of everyone else on the road too, I don't mind playing but I prefer to do it away from others.
Unrelated but, a few years ago dad came across a bloke who had crashed, other cars just drove pass, guy was just lying there, dad tried saving him, he ended up dying on the way to hospital. It hadn't just happened either been there for a little while, only other people that stopped were other bikes.
Was a bit of a wake up for me, I used to be pretty nuts, slowed down a bit now though.
Anyway riders need to stick together whatever they ride, hell I was having engine troubles and a bloke on a BMW rode pass chucked a u turn and came and asked if I needed a hand.