PDA

View Full Version : Howdy y'all

teazer
20-04-2012, 02:41 AM
Ok so no one really speaks like that round here, but can't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Just joined and thought I should say G'day.

I lived in VIC for many years and even had a spell in Noo Sarf back when I had a BSA Rocket 111 - that dates me for sure.

Now based close to Chi Town and built this fool thing
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/tz375/P8060004.jpg

It was supposed to be a fighter, but I got distracted along the way.:confused:

geesexar
20-04-2012, 05:09 AM
fuckin nice work mate...the old water bottles werent the fastest thing around but that sure looks nice..oh and welcome to the madness

80s freak
20-04-2012, 07:02 AM
That's cool!

ozzy1100
20-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Yer don't be sorry mate that's fucking horn
Welcome

RevHead
20-04-2012, 07:58 AM
nothing like a nice waterbottle ,welcome

xa-mont
20-04-2012, 08:54 AM
That thing looks sick man! very nice job... oh and welcome.

BANDITROD
20-04-2012, 12:35 PM
welcome aboard mate that looks fucking sweet do you have any build pics

El_Hefty
20-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Agree with them ^^^^

welcome aboard

Gix11
20-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Yea, welcome mate. I like it; looks like fun!

teazer
20-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks guys. Build was pretty basic in the main. Motor is more or less stock bar a little machining and porting. The 3 into 1 doesn't help the power much but it sounds sweet IMHO.

It started with a few parts left over from a prior build. No frame or tank, just a pile of discarded bits.

Frame came in for the usual trim, clean and remove things that are not needed - like lower radiator mounts.

Tank took a little longer to graft in a new filler cap and top section from a GSXR and a little tin bashing to get it straight. Seat was stretched and I fitted a glove/sarni/spare bottle of oil compartment. Side covers are Carbon fiber and are two inches narrower than stock and were moved forward a similar amount to replace the stock air filter box.

Rims came off a spare set of TZ350 wheels and disks were originally fitted to a CB600F3, and calipers were SV650.

Bars are alloy fat bars. That front numberplate was a regular rectangle that I cut and bent to shape to look a little more Motard like. It's sort of Retro MoTard or Re-Tard...:o I reused the original headlamp ears by cutting off the ears and fabricated brackets for the headlights and LED flasher stalks.

Ignition is a custom Dyna 3 pickup system, and it has a fuse box, relays and waterproof connectors from Eastern Beaver in Japan. Small centrally mounted oil tank and a tiny AGM battery that I suspect is too small. Kicker is a mix of 450 4 stroke dirt bike arm on modified GT750 clamp.

All up it lost around 80 - 90 pounds and is "only" just over 400 now.

If there's anything in particular you would like to see pics of, let me know and I'll see if I can dig something out.

Bob
20-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Welcome mate, looks great

teazer
20-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Lets's see if I can embed a youtube video here.

This one is the LED indicators at the rear. Main light is an R6 trimmed and mounted upside down. Light strips are mounted by the rear shocks to be inconspicuous when dark and easy to see when lit up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRzot6mfzGI&feature=channel&list=UL

This was on the dyno. We removed all the bodywork and used an auxilliary tank. Power on a stock bike is around 50 at the rear wheel on a good day. We managed 43, 57 and 75 with three different exhaust. The 3 into 1 has now undergone a radical baffle-ectomy procedure to remove a life threatening blockage. Need to get back to the dyno to see how that worked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJNrVqKLYRA&feature=channel&list=UL

TheRussian
20-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Good Work Mate !!!
Most of my extended family is in Chicago :) Been there twice. Both times in winter.... Fucking cold!!!!! :(

K6Thou
20-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Nice work dude welcome to the madness.