PDA

View Full Version : Repairable write off N.S.W

RevHead
17-04-2012, 07:01 PM
I scored a 2000 model vt ss 5.7.
car had lite front damage ,car was damaged in 02/10/2009
support ,tire rail, bonnet 2x guards ,2x headlights, radiator,air condenser,
Ok jump ahead 2 months ,the car has been completely repaired ,
ive followed all the RTA,RMS rules to the letter,have gone and got 2x blue slips ,2x conformation slips, as requested by the RTA, green slip ,ok now head to the rego office ,SORRY , you need to pay us a further $438 for the next part of the re-registration process, so i put all receipts,in to an envelope, and posted them to the N.S.W identification unit in Botany,its been 3x weeks ,today ,
I received a call from them today regarding ,the vt ss ,everything is in order ,BUT,we need pictures of the car before repair ,pictures while repairing,,and the best part ,you have to get a panel beater to sign off on the job ,FOR THE LIFE OF THE CAR
the best part about this if i sell the car and its involved in any accident ,and some one is injured ,killed then the panel beater is liable , for the injury death,
So in saying this ,im over N.S.W and its fucked up rules ,which has cost me $5000 to date ,
so if you fix a bike and your not a structural engineer ,youve just thrown your money away ,
ive just bought another vt 6 to strip my ss into,cheers:mad:

xa-mont
17-04-2012, 07:19 PM
surely they have it written down already that you need to do that stuff pete? I know the vic one tells you you need pictures before, and a work log with pictures of the whole process.

RevHead
17-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Trav, before i started i asked the RTA,RMS, for a list of things required to do ,i got sent a big brown envelope of ,what needs to be done, this is the rules that i followed .problem is i started the repairs ,just as the rules changed for the umtenth time in N.S.W

oldskool
17-04-2012, 09:53 PM
But you told us all you were an Engineer?
If the rules changed after you got them use your purchase receipt and the brown envelope to prove this fact and you are in the clear. SSSSHHHHEEEEESH

hyofighter
17-04-2012, 11:50 PM
send it to wa , rules are easy here still

RevHead
18-04-2012, 08:14 AM
But you told us all you were an Engineer?
If the rules changed after you got them use your purchase receipt and the brown envelope to prove this fact and you are in the clear. SSSSHHHHEEEEESH
Dylan its not up to me ,as i stated ,it needs a panel beater to sign off on the car ,for the life of the car ,i own a registered mechanical shop ,so i cannot approve the panel repairs ,ive offered this point of the rules and the RTA,RMS,member stated ,the only thing i need is a panel beater to do his thing ,thing is ,if you didnt repair the car are you going to sign something you didnt do, and take liability, for this ,ive spoken to 5 beaters i know and they all stated the same thing ,its not worth the worry to sign off on any repairable write off

oldskool
18-04-2012, 10:42 AM
You are obviously unliked by the panel beaters you know, if you can show what you have done and it was only light damage whats the problem, pull the car apart and take pics as you put it back together and sign off on it yourself as Im sure you also told us all that you where a panel beater also.

damo1
18-04-2012, 11:28 AM
He's told me he is a mechanic, but repairs and paints his own gear.

xa-mont
18-04-2012, 11:29 AM
and the pot is stirred once more.

mozza
18-04-2012, 02:39 PM
sounds as though your fucked then mate :p

mozza
18-04-2012, 02:45 PM
the best part about this if i sell the car and its involved in any accident ,and some one is injured ,killed then the panel beater is liable , for the injury death,

This is only the case if the investigator found that the dodgy repairs were the cause of the accident/death - then the person who signed off would be liable for prosecution.
If the repairs are up to standard then you shouldn't have a problem. Same laws are in play down here in TAS, panel beaters sign off all the time if the repairs are o.k, they just tend to be very anal with their inspections and charge big bucks to have one done. Chassis alignment checks are standard with all repairs.

Yella
18-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Drag car

oldskool
18-04-2012, 06:11 PM
EEEEEUUUWWWWWWWWWW
That fat cunt would look dreadful in a dress and makeup cruzing around in a Revhead pete orange car.

Tony Nitrous
18-04-2012, 06:24 PM
so if you fix a bike and your not a structural engineer ,youve just thrown your money away ,

No,
Two of my bikes were accident damaged.
I only buy ones that havent been claimed on or are not insurance listed.

RevHead
18-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Same laws are in play down here in TAS, panel beaters sign off all the time if the repairs are o.k, they just tend to be very anal with their inspections and charge big bucks to have one done. Chassis alignment checks are standard with all repairs.
Mozza is spot on , they all stated to me, that they wont fix them because its a pain for them.

fimpBIKES
18-04-2012, 08:39 PM
i thought repairable write-offs in nsw were no-more anyways?

sell it to a queenslander pete

Redmohawk
18-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Just insure it and leave it in a secure car park for a few days

Large
18-04-2012, 08:43 PM
i thought repairable write-offs in nsw were no-more anyways?

sell it to a queenslander pete

This. And do it soon

RevHead
18-04-2012, 09:32 PM
This. And do it soon
things get better everyday ,a fella came in and bought it,and said il pay you to put it all in my vt ,no probs

Chase
19-04-2012, 07:42 AM
Should have kicked the panel and taken it to a beater to be repaired, they will sign off on their own work and would have only cost couple hundred.

RevHead
19-04-2012, 08:00 AM
you know Steve, i didnt think of that ,very clever.

oldskool
19-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Should have kicked the panel and taken it to a beater to be repaired, they will sign off on their own work and would have only cost couple hundred.
Very clever idea X2.

fimpBIKES
19-04-2012, 12:59 PM
getting paid to switch it all into another car is the biggest win out of this possible
that'll cover all your costs yeah?

EFE 1230
19-04-2012, 09:00 PM
A panelbeater I know had an AU falcon wagon that he repaired, new front left chassis rail, inner gaurd, radiator support then took it for it's rego check, got accused of "ringing" the car because the repair looked as though it had never been done (he's pretty good!) and the end result was removal of it's comliance plates and deemed "never to be registered" .

and Pete it serves you right you fuckin homo because it was a holden and a fuckin lebaneese lowrider looking holden at that!..............fag

RevHead
19-04-2012, 10:25 PM
and Pete it serves you right you fuckin homo because it was a holden and a fuckin lebaneese lowrider looking holden at that!..............fag

ok il buy a GT ,or GTP next time,