PDA

View Full Version : Aldi Ultrasonic Cleaner $14.99

EVLZX
13-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Was just down at Aldi and picked myself up a Ultrasonic Cleaner for $14.99.

Not sure how well it will go or anything but thought some people might be interested.

They still had a stack left at my local one, I might grab a second one just in case.

I'm not going to be testing it for a little while yet as I still need a garage to get the carbs off the zzr.

Hope someone finds this useful...

Hillsy
13-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Wow - they're $10 cheaper now.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?22896-ALDI-Ultrasonic-cleaner&highlight=aldi

Well worth it :D

EVLZX
13-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Haha I think I need to learn how to use the search function :)

Redmohawk
13-04-2012, 08:18 PM
there not bad if you use the correct cleaner in them, transducer is 40 watts.

EVLZX
13-04-2012, 08:38 PM
So what cleaner would you recommend for carbs and calipers?

Redmohawk
14-04-2012, 10:59 AM
If you want the best and cost isnt an issue (yeah right using a Aldi cleaner) Brulin 815GD is the go. But if your on a budget just use warm water with some automotive degreaser designed to be diluted with water at a rate of about 1 tablespoon to a cup of water. Several home made recipeys also add half a tea spoon of ammonia , don't use this if your doing carbs with brass (like jets or emulshion tubes) in them still !

When looking for degreaser , look for an acid based one for ali parts . Run through bath , then clean bath and run through with warm water and a little bicarbsoda to sort any acid left on/in the carbs etc.