PDA

View Full Version : 91 GSXR Header replacement

mbit
14-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I have got an 88 GSXR 750, with a 91 motor and exhaust system...

Currently one of the pipes is a bit crushed (as well as other shite), and i have been asking around exhaust shops to get a new section welded in...they all reply that they dont have the right jig...

So, were the bloody hell can i get an aftermarket header for a '91 GSXR 750 motor, if i cant but something on ebay etc...?

mbit
14-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Found a reference to Megacycle in Dandenong...although at this stage i wasnt planning to get a nice shiney sytem, as my first priority is getting back on the road... read: Cant freak the wife out to quickly...

So i supppose i am asking where abouts in melbourne, preferably western suburbs could i take my headers to get them repaired?

14-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Any half way decent engineering shop should be able to do the job for you. I take it they can pattern off the originals?

Turbo or Foxy should be able to help you out with more specific info though.

mbit
14-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Thanks Chalk10...

So the question extends a little to what have other people done when there pipes are damaged OR what is the cheapest way forward...?

14-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Give these guys a call they should be able to direct you to someone if they can't, and they're in Sunshine.

"Balls High Performance Motorcycle Tuning" They're listed on this page
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/ASF_parts.asp#vic

Egay is normally the cheapest, or someone on here if they have'em, next is a local engineering shop/wreckers, then the most expensive is new as in Megacycle/factory.

Captaintoc
14-07-2006, 03:06 PM
These guys used to sell aftermarket headers seperate for about $200.

http://www.formula1mc.com.au/

Have Fun
Andrew

mbit
14-07-2006, 03:39 PM
chalk10: i know of Balls, and will chase them...thanks again
Captaintoc: couldnt get onto the formula1mc site as my companies firewall claims it to have offensive content...i wil try at home...cheers

jack
14-07-2006, 08:01 PM
if it is of interest to u , i have a set of new pipes/full system (motrad) including race can that has one odd header pipe. unused/inbox. $250.00 .0395698606.ring me in morning.oakleigh.