PDA

View Full Version : Police to target motorcycles in Victoria during Easter

kiwi_750
05-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Operation Crossroads is starting this weekend with a heavy police presence throughout the country (and NZ).

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8447093

(http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8447093)I'm going up to the Vic High Country with about 20 mates on sportsbikes, no doubt we will be pinged again for our fender eliminators and loud exhausts.

sharky
06-04-2012, 07:07 AM
So knowing you have illegal mods to your bikes 20 of you are going to an area where you know the cops will be watching ????
And of course, you'll be sticking to all speed limits.....

Best of luck.....

The rides I've been on lately have been well away from prying eyes....haven't even seen a cop car.....but still done 3-400's of riding at 'interesting' speeds

So why not find a different route...have fun and avoid the main areas the lemmings go to....like Mount 'please arrest me' Glorious

Aido
06-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Have noted a local constabulary scoot in the shape of a white Hayabusa.....based in Kinglake. The giveaway is the stumpy aerial on the pillion seat cowl. Follow the speed limits in "notorous" areas and around townships buthave fun elsewhere.

Mishdog20
06-04-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm leaving the bike in the shed this weekend, for this very reason. Its too easy to speed on a modern sportsbike, and ya don't have any fun staring at the speed limit for the entire ride. Also im assuming it'll be a Double Points weekend??

RevHead
07-04-2012, 11:51 AM
i drove from Sydney to Coffs harbour on thursday via the new england hwy and counted 14 different highway patrols up this way ,its double demerits up here as well ,bike is not being moved from shed either,so glad my car has cruise control

Redmohawk
07-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Whats a cop ? Very quiet out here , drove out n about today didnt see 1. Must be up in the hills hunting bike riders.

oldskool
08-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Kev Kat and I got pissed up and rode mini bikes to and from the Newlyn Res on beer and joint runs, no bronze out there ether or we where just laughing too hard to see them.

kevkatana
09-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Kev Kat and I got pissed up and rode mini bikes to and from the Newlyn Res on beer and joint runs, no bronze out there ether or we where just laughing too hard to see them.
Not just mini bikes but a way cool RV 90 Suzuki and a pink 50!
Fuckin funny but

BANDITROD
09-04-2012, 01:32 AM
that would have been a sight good to hear guys i can picture it now lol

scotty
09-04-2012, 10:58 AM
I haven't taken my bike out of the shed this weekend, there's h/way patrollers every where and ktm 350 and 500s every morning behind my place, been brethou'd every morning going in to town.