PDA

View Full Version : ram air????

kiwi kdx
04-04-2012, 09:43 AM
hey guys, i have just had my bike tuned to get rid of the flat spot caused by the bike running too lean....

when i first took my bike in it had the air ram tubes connected to the air box and sticking out of the frame
the guy told me to bin them as they are not needed.

he has fixed the flat spot but now another has appeared at about 5 grand, he is saying its coz the air box is not pressurising.

does that sound rite?
who is running air rams?

or do i just need to take it to someone else?

xa-mont
04-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Sounds like bullshit to me. I think he is making excuses.

I could very well be wrong though...

kiwi kdx
04-04-2012, 10:01 AM
thats what i think i havent heard of anyone needing to run with the air rams...

Hillsy
04-04-2012, 10:11 AM
So it's the same guy who's telling you you don't need the ram tubes, but now the air box isn't pressurising? He sounds smart.....

Are the needles adjustable on the R6 carbs? Might just need to lift them up a bit because it sounds like it's in the transition rev range between the pilot jet and the needles.

If they aren't adjustable, you can stick a washer under them to lift them.

kiwi kdx
04-04-2012, 10:21 AM
yep its the same guy..... i know the needles are adjustable and when i took it in he said he was going to rejet it to fix the problem..... i think i may just take it to someone who knows what ther are diong...

any one good around Melbourne???

Redmohawk
04-04-2012, 11:02 AM
This issue comes up very regually , the fix has been posted many times on many sites. The float bowl air bias tubes , have to be remounted when you mess with the ram air setup on kwakas. if your not running the rams the carbs are up the fuck due to no pressurisation, if you remove the front plastics this also changes how the air is directed into the air rams.

The guy you have messing with your bike is eather a clown or messing with you, a bike tuner worth his salt should know this and have worked around the problem/explained the issue to you before touching the bike in the first place. It can be set up with or without the ram air , but sorting the tuning needs to be done by someone with the know. I don't know who in melb is good or bad but If you Pm Turbokat I'm sure he will know who to go see, just dont expect a polite answer unless you be nice about asking.

BANDITROD
04-04-2012, 11:09 AM
same prob as the zx9 i worked on you need to put the hose's off the ram air back into the top of your airbox that will help the pressure issues oh and that guy is retarded

kiwi kdx
04-04-2012, 01:29 PM
ok thats a grate help thanks guys, ill message him now.